Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

You're welcome :)

994483_1527476520800339_354481896584134263_n.jpg

#SOSLINGS
How tall is Judd? Jack is closer to the camera but he looks 190cm in this photo. An x-Ray of his wrist is the only way this mystery can be settled.

Judd is listed at 188-189 so this looks about right.

Hope Jack doesn't get caught in that awkward in between height like Membrey, especially if he doesn't particularly do the midfield thing.

Jake Stringer is 192cm. Will come down to positioning, strength and agility. Looks to be a good lead so that's a start.

Jake Stringer is 192cm. Will come down to positioning, strength and agility. Looks to be a good lead so that's a start.
Of course, i just hear alarm bells when i read 190cm and key position that's all.

I honestly haven't seen anything of him to make a judgement on him and which way.

I saw some vision of his 6 goals in WA. What impressed me was the way he took one mark at full stretch at the maximum point of his leap.
His height could be an issue if he didn't grow anymore, but I think you need to factor in the reach that includes arm length.

Another mark where he was heading for the boundary line and took the mark down low reminded me of his old man the way he moved and scooped the ball in his arms.

With the club performing the way it is right now we need some hope and this kid may be part of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course, i just hear alarm bells when i read 190cm and key position that's all.

I honestly haven't seen anything of him to make a judgement on him and which way.
I wouldn't be looking at him as a KPP. I think the comparison one poster made to Jack Gunston was closer to the mark.

The thing that stood out for me in the game last weekend was his 2nd & 3rd efforts & his tackling. It is these attributes, which most likely are second nature to him, that will see him make it as an AFL player.

If it came down to only being able to afford one (assuming Rice picks us - which I don't think he will) - would you take SOSOS or Rice?

Wouldn't stress over the height of a 17 year old, they often have another growth spurt at some stage. Would rather he be low 190s and play taller than what he is and have that Silvagni athleticism, reach, leap and skill than be a 195cm player with a big head short arms and not a lot of leap or athleticism who plays well under their height. Won't be disappointed if any of the boys take after their grandfather either. Jack Gunston is a very good low 190cm forward and exactly the type of player who would fit in really well at Carlton. There is a spot in our team for an athletic inbetween player who can run, play tall and play small without doubt.

Wouldn't stress over the height of a 17 year old, they often have another growth spurt at some stage. Would rather he be low 190s and play taller than what he is and have that Silvagni athleticism, reach, leap and skill than be a 195cm player with a big head short arms and not a lot of leap or athleticism who plays well under their height. Won't be disappointed if any of the boys take after their grandfather either. Jack Gunston is a very good low 190cm forward and exactly the type of player who would fit in really well at Carlton. There is a spot in our team for an athletic inbetween player who can run, play tall and play small without doubt.

you leave Cringle's hero out of it batman!:D

one thing I noticed about Jack is that he has really long arms. I also liked his intensity, ie 2nd efforts, and how smart he was in positioning himself.
Very classy.

And a beautiful kick of the T.W.Sherrin!!!
Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

one thing I noticed about Jack is that he has really long arms. I also liked his intensity, ie 2nd efforts, and how smart he was in positioning himself.
Very classy.

And a beautiful kick of the T.W.Sherrin!!!
Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

He sure is.
From the games I've seen him play he's barely wasted a kick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back