Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Where is he tied to with NGA?

Also surely he'd go F/S? I thought Walks loved Carlton throughout and post career too?
Pretty confident he loves Carlton.
But he’s NGA zoned to Richmond.
He did a few sessions there with their academy last year and really impressed. So I’m sure they will be in his ear as much as possible.

He did a few sessions there with their academy last year and really impressed. So I’m sure they will be in his ear as much as possible.
It is ludicrous that the child of a prominent past player can in anyway be linked to an NGA pathway. Next Zach Tuohy will return to Ireland and his kid will be a Cat B rather than a father/son.

Episode 2 Riot GIF by The Simpsons

I will be absolutely disgusted if that happens

It is ludicrous that the child of a prominent past player can in anyway be linked to an NGA pathway. Next Zach Tuohy will return to Ireland and his kid will be a Cat B rather than a father/son.
He'll have the choice, but it also means he goes into the open draft until pick 41 is active, i.e. Richmond almost certainly won't get him at a discount.

Suspect even if he's on the fence, he'll take the guaranteed opportunity and get a year's worth of part time training in with us.

Oscar's still splitting time between footy and cricket from what I can see... would be a long time before that could even become an issue.

Surely father son gets priority over NGA. How is he even NGA with an afl playing father.
The intent of the rule is to reflect disadvantaged environments/cultures, which still can be the case despite his dad's career. Better the blanket rule making him eligible than the other way around, and the AFL is in no position to do means testing for eligibility.

But again, if he decided to opt for next gen, he would be in the open draft until pick 40 is completed, so if he's half as talented as what people are saying, Richmond would pay full price.

When are Murphs kids due? Always reckoned the athletic freaks like Judd and Walker are harder to replicate through generations where as someone like Murph who was pure silk with ball in hand can teach those skills from an early age.

We're seeing what growing up the son of Peter Daicos has done for Josh and Nick, both absolute wizards with ball in hand despite neither being top 1% athletic types.

Surely father son gets priority over NGA. How is he even NGA with an afl playing father.
Like Nick Blakey it is his choice where he wants to go. Blakey could have gone f/s to North or Brisbane, or to Sydney through their academy. The club needs to bring him into the club as often as possible to make that choice as easy as possible for him. Don't give Richmond a sniff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like Nick Blakey it is his choice where he wants to go. Blakey could have gone f/s to North or Brisbane, or to Sydney through their academy. The club needs to bring him into the club as often as possible to make that choice as easy as possible for him. Don't give Richmond a sniff.
Different situation:

1. He'd lived in Sydney for over a decade at that point
2. It was a guaranteed process at that time
3. His dad was on the books at Sydney until 2020

Walker situation is nothing like that.

It's the Judd situation we want to be keeping an eye on leading into 2029, primarily by not still being a ****ing basket case then.

Still makes zero sense as to
Why he’s a next generation academy at essendon without being NEXT GENERATION. Who on his family makes him part of this. He’s also not the player intended on drawing to the game from a non football community or ethnicity. He’s already there.

To be eligible you need to be from a multicultural or indigenous background without having access to afl pathways. Definitely doesn’t meet that criteria imho.
That's called a Category B rookie.

Still makes zero sense as to
Why he’s a next generation academy at essendon without being NEXT GENERATION. Who on his family makes him part of this. He’s also not the player intended on drawing to the game from a non football community or ethnicity. He’s already there.
It increases visibility for these potential athletes, and it allows them to work with a club to accelerate their progress prior to the draft.

It connects the club to new parts of its communities, giving both parties incentive.

I saw 1AW at a Carlton game earlier this year at the G, so hopefully he was there with the kids.

Although on second thoughts, it may have been the Blues v Tiggs game......uh oh....

The whole NGA is a sham

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That's called a Category B rookie.

It increases visibility for these potential athletes, and it allows them to work with a club to accelerate their progress prior to the draft.

It connects the club to new parts of its communities, giving both parties incentive.
I understand all that but it still doesn’t shed light on why Walker is NGA.

Different situation:

1. He'd lived in Sydney for over a decade at that point
2. It was a guaranteed process at that time
3. His dad was on the books at Sydney until 2020

Walker situation is nothing like that.

It's the Judd situation we want to be keeping an eye on leading into 2029, primarily by not still being a ******* basket case then.
All I'm trying to say is it's his choice, let's give him every reason to choose Carlton.
I understand all that but it still doesn’t shed light on why Walker is NGA.
He is indigenous

The boys are both likely to get drafted next year in my opinion. Lucas more silky and Ben extremely contested and plays tough either inside the contest in the middle or across half back. Ben needs to improve his disposal a little but can certainly win it and has good speed/endurance mix. Lucas has always had heaps of class but the contest side of his game was always a question. Looks to have a grown into his body a bit this year and is now capable of winning his fair share of 1 on 1s in the contest. They will unquestionably go past some of their more highly credentialed team SA bottom age team mates in the next 12 months.

Comment from elsewhere on Camporeale boys.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Tuohy went back to Ireland, his kid would be a Cat B rookie by virtue of being unregistered for football in the 3 years prior. I believe it would also make it open season for anyone to recruit him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back