Carlton chasing Ashley Hansen

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: All I can say is...

in answer to your question CP i reckon living over in the fish bowl would be the worst thing ever for a guy like daniel kerr, and i think a move somewhere else would be perfect for him.
I think Cuz and Gardiner are both older and wiser
However Kerr still has severe anger management issues

This is FANTASTIC news :D:thumbsu:

I currently have Hansen ranked at #3 overall for the most complete CHF's in the game:

1) Brown
2) Riewoldt
3) Hansen
4) Pavlich

Would be a massive coupe !
If that's Lachlan Hansen, you've got a deal. ;) :thumbsu:

A few Roos fans are bagging Hansen and calling for his trade like his name is Jordan Russell. Russell could be a lesson for them since talls take a lot longer to develop than mids picked in a poor draft.

According to several media sources in W.A (Chan 7 10 and radio) Carlton have held meetings with Ashley Hansen and his agent about joining Carlton next year. Carlton are acting on some advice given to them by Judd and may try and do a deal in the trade window. Hanen has 1 more year left on his deal. Eagles want to keep him but will trade for a good offer, and if Hansen wants the move or initialises the deal.

Good chance of this happening it seems. Alot of people are talking about it over here
:confused:He will be 27 years old next year.To my memory Carlton still has the policy of not recruiting anyone who can't play 100 games. If Hanson played every game that would make him around 32 years old. I don't think he is capable of doing that!

A few observations:

Q. Could we use him?

A. Absolutely. We are a dangerous side with O'hailpin at CHF and Fev at FF. So much so that we beat the Cats and almost beat the Saints after giving them a 5 goal start.

But we have been a bloody average side without O'Hailpin at CHF, and our current backups are Cloke and Hartlett. Fisher was preferred at CHF to either of them last time O'Hailpin was out, which shows how little esteem they're held in as replacements. The situation is even uglier if it's Fev who is missing through injury instead of Setanta.

Even when O'hailpin has played, and for all his improvement, he routinely makes pretty basic errors that a CHF of Hansen's background experience wouldn't.

And heaven knows what we'd look like without Fev.

Yes we have options in Waite and Krezuer. But Waite has just had knee reco. Given his game was built around his athleticism, there is a significant risk that he won't come back as the player he was. There is surely a query on Jamison's durabilty at this point as well, which could constrain our ability to shift Waite forward anyway.

And the law of Ruckman Injuries means that, whether we like it or not, Krezuer will almost certainly spend a signifcant amount of his time either injured or rucking rather than as a dedicated foward.

Q. What is Hansen worth?

A. He'll be 27 next year, has an injury history that reads like Andrew Walkers, and even when he was fit, could best be described as honest.

No rebuilding clubs is going to take that on, and of the rest we're the only side with the complete absence of forward line depth to contemplate it. It could only be us. Or just conceivably Sydney, but even they have signalled an intention to rebuild properly this time. Which means there is no market for him.

Out 1st round pick is of course out of the question and we will want two picks at the draft as well because they need to take on a young KP forward as a project. Despite what people think, there is no guarantee this will be done with our 1st rounder. Hughes always takes the best available, and it sounds like the non-KP options availale at our first pick will be stronger. That means we will retain our 2nd rounder as well.

What does that leave to get it done? Maybe a Joe Anderson who has shown enough to be basically 1st emegency pretty much all year, but isn't integral to our side. Maybe, relucantly, a Steven browne. Perhaps with a 4th round pick thrown in as a gesture.

Will a trade get done?

Hansen is clearly not in WC's future plans. Out of respect for what he's given to the club, you'd think they'd try to get a trade done. But they'd have to be prepared to be realistic about the fact that he has no value to any other side in the comp except us, and we're quite constrained in what we can give up in the last uncompromised draft for a 27yo depth forward with a major injury query.

Best Weagles hang onto their immobile CHF types - you've got quite a few of them now. :)

Kennedy is doing just fine thanks.

On topic, if Hansen wants out, I doubt any Eagles fans will be sad to see him go.. Sure he'll lead hard & give Fev some space, but I'd be surprised if Carlton took him. Depth player at best.

If this trade goes through, my condolences.

There is not real talk here in Perth about this. The only talk comes from WC sympathizers. For a club which narrowly missed a priority pick to try and trade a player who can't get a game is nonsense.

The fact of the matter is WC have missed the boat in trading several players (e.g. Fletcher, Seaby, Kerr and AH). Anything more than a 5th round pick is too much.

If you want my assessment...and i think it would be wise to take it on board...i think the local media have little to write about and are trying to put a positive spin on the tail end of a fruitless 2009.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kennedy is doing just fine thanks.

On topic, if Hansen wants out, I doubt any Eagles fans will be sad to see him go.. Sure he'll lead hard & give Fev some space, but I'd be surprised if Carlton took him. Depth player at best.

If this trade goes through, my condolences.

Why doesn't this surprise me?

Love you too! <3
hansen wants out????
TCWaters it is a race to see if he quits or is given the boot. He is even doing interviews on the news in an attempt to raise his profile. But even clowns like Barra chuckle when he comes on. The WC club will keep looking for a key forward. Always liked Spinks myself.

And as for you Lions Den your contribution here continues a long line of fails on many boards. You so have too much time up your sleeve!

A few observations:

Q. Could we use him?

A. Absolutely. We are a dangerous side with O'hailpin at CHF and Fev at FF. So much so that we beat the Cats and almost beat the Saints after giving them a 5 goal start.

But we have been a bloody average side without O'Hailpin at CHF, and our current backups are Cloke and Hartlett. Fisher was preferred at CHF to either of them last time O'Hailpin was out, which shows how little esteem they're held in as replacements. The situation is even uglier if it's Fev who is missing through injury instead of Setanta.

Even when O'hailpin has played, and for all his improvement, he routinely makes pretty basic errors that a CHF of Hansen's background experience wouldn't.

And heaven knows what we'd look like without Fev.

Yes we have options in Waite and Krezuer. But Waite has just had knee reco. Given his game was built around his athleticism, there is a significant risk that he won't come back as the player he was. There is surely a query on Jamison's durabilty at this point as well, which could constrain our ability to shift Waite forward anyway.

And the law of Ruckman Injuries means that, whether we like it or not, Krezuer will almost certainly spend a signifcant amount of his time either injured or rucking rather than as a dedicated foward.

Q. What is Hansen worth?

A. He'll be 27 next year, has an injury history that reads like Andrew Walkers, and even when he was fit, could best be described as honest.

No rebuilding clubs is going to take that on, and of the rest we're the only side with the complete absence of forward line depth to contemplate it. It could only be us. Or just conceivably Sydney, but even they have signalled an intention to rebuild properly this time. Which means there is no market for him.

Out 1st round pick is of course out of the question and we will want two picks at the draft as well because they need to take on a young KP forward as a project. Despite what people think, there is no guarantee this will be done with our 1st rounder. Hughes always takes the best available, and it sounds like the non-KP options availale at our first pick will be stronger. That means we will retain our 2nd rounder as well.

What does that leave to get it done? Maybe a Joe Anderson who has shown enough to be basically 1st emegency pretty much all year, but isn't integral to our side. Maybe, relucantly, a Steven browne. Perhaps with a 4th round pick thrown in as a gesture.

Will a trade get done?

Hansen is clearly not in WC's future plans. Out of respect for what he's given to the club, you'd think they'd try to get a trade done. But they'd have to be prepared to be realistic about the fact that he has no value to any other side in the comp except us, and we're quite constrained in what we can give up in the last uncompromised draft for a 27yo depth forward with a major injury query.

Appreciate someone taking the time to put some thought into it...I was with you all the way up until throwing up Browne's name as a trade (plus a sweetener???). Browne was a third round pick who has shown plenty...a big part of our future plans.

The more that gets written the more doubtful I am of this trade happening. The combination of age, injury and form concerns is simply too much to overcome.

We're beyond the begging bowl period. In 2005 this non-story would have lit up the club website (after the obligatory 90 seconds load time). AH would be considered the latest saviour to come to the club. We'd have had visions of him and Lance playing the twin towers thing. That shit is over and anyone involved in the bloody pain of our rebirth knows it.

I was with you all the way up until throwing up Browne's name as a trade (plus a sweetener???). Browne was a third round pick who has shown plenty...a big part of our future plans.
Agreed.

Browne >>>>>>>> Hansen.

I wouldn't mind Hansen, only if we get him for nothing... or at best a 4th rounder...

Browne >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hansen

We're beyond the begging bowl period. In 2005 this non-story would have lit up the club website (after the obligatory 90 seconds load time). AH would be considered the latest saviour to come to the club. We'd have had visions of him and Lance playing the twin towers thing. That shit is over and anyone involved in the bloody pain of our rebirth knows it.

Game. Set. Match.

Lets cut to the real issue here. The Weagles supporters can't stand the fact that Hansen is on their list. But unfortunately their coach made a public commitment yesterday saying Hansen was a big part of their future in 2010 and beyond. Might have something to do with the current Weagles KP forward crisis. They have JK and ....um......Lynch? Terrible list management is the culprit here. :)

So you are saying the Eagles have a KP forward crisis and the Blues are good to go?

You obviously know very little about the Eagles list.

KP Forwards

Lynch, Kennedy, Mitch Brown, T Notte, C Wilson (replacing the injured Hunter) and Hansen. Thats 7 guys who are designated KP forwards, hardly an imbalanced list.

With Naitanui now playing Cox has indicated he will be playing forward alot more now, as will NickNat. McKinely is a medium sized forward who plays tall.

Blues have Fev, Sentana, Cloke, Kruiser and....................who?

Cloke has been literally kicked out of the side by Sentana:D and Kruiser is a ruck / forward, you also use Hampson and Waite but Waite is injured and plays CHB.

And just to round off the claim of poor list management at the Eagles KP Backs include Glass, McKenzie, Spanger, Wilkes, Schofield and Mitch Brown has played back as well.

Carlton may have a better developed on ball brigade but your KP players is your achillies heal.

Hang on dill....you mention Cox/Naitanui playing forward as proof of your forward line depth, yet pass off Kreuzer as just a ruck/forward....

dill.

Hate to break it to you but the game has passed both Hansen and Hunter by

Waite plays CHB but Hunter is a KPF :confused:

Hang on dill....you mention Cox/Naitanui playing forward as proof of your forward line depth, yet pass off Kreuzer as just a ruck/forward....

dill.

Hate to break it to you but the game has passed both Hansen and Hunter by

Waite plays CHB but Hunter is a KPF :confused:

WTF?:thumbsdown:

Cox and NickNat are obviously rucks and yes they will play forward as well. I described Kruiser as a ruck / forward...........which is the same thing so what exactly is your point?

I mentioned Hunter and Brown as KP forwards but both can play back, just like I described Waite as a KP back who plays forward. Again, so what is your point?

Sure the Eagles have had a bad couple of years but when it comes to KP player stocks and development (including rucks) we are no way in a crisis.:cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton chasing Ashley Hansen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back