Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 2 (cont. in Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooney comes across as what would happen if Terry Wallace and Richo moulded a media personality.

Geezus you're a harsh man Jim!! I laughed though, just at the mental image.

Sure will.

Wright is no star but he has barely put a foot wrong since joining the club. He is a clever and effective footballer who has consistently proven himself dangerous around goals.

He was best 22 when he came across and his performances since have only solidified his position in the side. It is up to those behind him to chase and overtake, it'll happen at some stage but we're not at that juncture yet.
Loving the Wright love J

7 times out he kicked no goals, 16 times one or more.
5 times out he kicked 3 or more.
Avg 16+ possessions, 1.4 Goals, 2.9 tackles.

Not bad for a forward pocket type that occasionally runs into the centre/field stoppages.

Just to put things in perspective, here is a compare between Cyril and Wrighty ...... not bad reading for a like for like comparison.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...2=11&type=A&pid1=3409&pid2=2312&fid1=S&fid2=S

Same age, almost same height, Cyril has 5kg on him though ... same position.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-02-03/the-good-stats-where-your-club-excelled-in-2017
SZNT4Tt.png

7 times out he kicked no goals, 16 times one or more.
5 times out he kicked 3 or more.
Avg 16+ possessions, 1.4 Goals, 2.9 tackles.

Not bad for a forward pocket type that occasionally runs into the centre/field stoppages.

Just to put things in perspective, here is a compare between Cyril and Wrighty ...... not bad reading for a like for like comparison.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...2=11&type=A&pid1=3409&pid2=2312&fid1=S&fid2=S

Same age, almost same height, Cyril has 5kg on him though ... same position.
Wright has been an excellent pick up, but pure numbers for stats don’t really do justice to how good Cyril is, he creates so much positive play, both offensively and defensively. He also had his worst year for quite some time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeez he speaks well, I actually found him to be quite engaging. A few stammers, but you could see that he was paying the question respect and thinking of an appropriate answer.

As an aside, man has bolts done a great job with this young man's self esteem, in fact doesn't it make a difference when you put time into the whole team, rather than just the 1st 10 - 15.

I mean how long has it been that we could say the bottom 5 or 6 on out list are reasonable foot soldiers, particularly with what we paid for them, (Daisy excepted)

Jeez he speaks well, I actually found him to be quite engaging. A few stammers, but you could see that he was paying the question respect and thinking of an appropriate answer.

As an aside, man has bolts done a great job with this young man's self esteem, in fact doesn't it make a difference when you put time into the whole team, rather than just the 1st 10 - 15.

I mean how long has it been that we could say the bottom 5 or 6 on out list are reasonable foot soldiers, particularly with what we paid for them, (Daisy excepted)
Couldn't agree more it truly has been a remarkable turnaround and hats off to Bolts and his assistants + Liam:thumbsu:

Not while he is still an opposition player, I guess.
Would have preferred a classy response reminding everyone he made a name for himself at our club by working his way onto the senior list.

Terry Wallace has us winning 5 games this year (sen report). Would like to think we are a chance in our 1st 5. Tiges? Gc, pies, kangas, wc @ mcg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back