Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two completely different positions. This week aside, the club has constantly said - at all levels - that Ws and Ls aren't the driving factor; and our development/progress is clear this year in many players. I don't suggest to know Bolts or the inner workings, but I trust him in seeing out the direction of the club. Nothing will be gained by jumping ship mid-season at this stage.

For the first time ever, the club is doing it the slow and right way - building a list for a premiership, not just finals. That means we'll occasionally get belted until it all clicks, which I personally believe will be sometime later this year or 2020 (the year - like Brisbane - we start to see real results). I think we should back Bolts in until end of 2020 then decide.

This manhunt and primal need to have a scapegoat for the sake of it, when - as CJ repeated - it's being felt and the responsibility falls at all levels - not just the coach or 100% on the players.

I don't expect the media mongrels to be positive at all, it's not their MO. Like I said, it's just exhausting and why I don't watch/read a lot of their ****. I trust what I see and read from the club as well as a few objective and what I consider well-researched and articulated media (hint: there isn't many).

I like this post. 1557210185159.png

Two completely different positions. This week aside, the club has constantly said - at all levels - that Ws and Ls aren't the driving factor; and our development/progress is clear this year in many players. I don't suggest to know Bolts or the inner workings, but I trust him in seeing out the direction of the club. Nothing will be gained by jumping ship mid-season at this stage.

For the first time ever, the club is doing it the slow and right way - building a list for a premiership, not just finals. That means we'll occasionally get belted until it all clicks, which I personally believe will be sometime later this year or 2020 (the year - like Brisbane - we start to see real results). I think we should back Bolts in until end of 2020 then decide.

This manhunt and primal need to have a scape goat for the sake of it, when - as CJ repeated - it's being felt and the responsibility falls at all levels - not just the coach or 100% on the players.

I don't expect the media mongrels to be positive at all, it's not their MO. Like I said, it's just exhausing and why I don't watch/read a lot of their ****. I trust what I see and read from the club as well as a few objective and what I consider well-researched and articulated media (hint: there isn't many).

Sacking coaches for the sake of sacking coaches is a shit idea.

No issues if the club puts the feelers out during the year to see who might be available. If we can find a more proven coach who we believe will be able to engage and drive the playing group to the next level, so be it. Change for the sake of change is stupid. Don't bring in anyone who we don't categorically know has more to offer than the current coach. No VFL/SANFL/WAFL maybes. No up and coming assistants. If Hardwick or Buckley or Clarkson want to take the reins, all for it - anyone less bankable is just a disruptive roll of the dice, and we gamble the unity of the playing group on it. I can't think of anything more disastrous right now than for us to have endured years of total list rebuilding, only for some of the shining lights to jump ship when the captain gets thrown overboard.

Does anyone else find it odd that Bolts was late to his press conference because of a 150 game celebration in the rooms on a day we lost by 10 goals to the 2nd last side?

This manhunt and primal need to have a scape goat for the sake of it, when - as CJ repeated - it's being felt and the responsibility falls at all levels - not just the coach or 100% on the players.

I don't expect the media mongrels to be positive at all, it's not their MO. Like I said, it's just exhausing and why I don't watch/read a lot of their ****. I trust what I see and read from the club as well as a few objective and what I consider well-researched and articulated media (hint: there isn't many).

All well and good, and I have not suggested we sack Bolts at all. It's just, you're bemoaning the media's treatment of him - when in comparison to MM he is getting off very lightly considering their in a very similar positions W/L wise. You even qualify your post by saying you don't expect the media to be positive at all, which is all I alluded to.

I will say this though, the ever growing "not driven by W/L" brigade just shows how downtrodden we supporters have become.

Those 'journalists' are so unbelievably negative that its exhausting. Judd is incredible if only for coming back every week to talk to them.

Constant agenda, constant need for witch hunt, constant talking down of every little thing. Such trash.

He continues to handle their questions outstandingly and with transparency, honesty and objectivity. Love it.

:thumbsu:

#CJUDD3VOTES

All well and good, and I have not suggested we sack Bolts at all. It's just, you're bemoaning the media's treatment of him - when in comparison to MM he is getting off very lightly considering their in a very similar positions W/L wise. You even qualify your post by saying you don't expect the media to be positive at all, which is all I alluded to.

I will say this though, the ever growing "not driven by W/L" brigade just shows how downtrodden we supporters have become.

Bolton is starting to really come under intense media grilling now, not to the extent of MM in 2015, but i would dispute that he is getting off lightly, far from it.

The article on the HS this morning spoke about the please explain being sent to Bolton. And the explanation for being late was due to the milestone celebration
Probably a better response to excuse responsibility, but Ed has said they went through a review of what went wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with you and I for one am staying away from most media at the moment as well.

But I understand why the media is so negative because the other 17 teams supporters love it, it sells papers and adds ratings, nothing better than ten minutes of trashing a mighty club like Carlton to most other supporters, who cares if the Carlton supporters turn off when everybody else is turning on.

It is our turn and has been for to long, we just need to win some games and the heat will move to someone else. This time next year we will be a solid team for ten years and we will watch others get smashed by the media.

just interested in why you think he should have Carlton's best interests at heart?

Exactly, he doesn't. He and others will howl with indignation as if it's our club and supporters they're concerned about, while what they really want is a nice messy sacking to write or comment sagely about.
"IF.... Carlton don't get their NEXT coaching appointment right...
THEN... They'd better get used to travelling to Hobart for their home games."
(Yuk, yuk, yuk... Oh Damien you absolute wag, you've done it again!)

Last edited:
Hutchy is a d**khead of grand proportions. A snake who takes potshots at everyone and anyone if it suits him. He always ensures he has the last word, regardless of how much others have disagreed with him. I can't decide who's worse out of him and Barrett tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back