Media Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part IV

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

No matter what any journo says barring a horrendous run with injuries and just a bit of luck,every Carlton supporter thinks,knows that we have to make top 8 at the very LEAST.Top 4 in my eyes.

Not hopes we will,knows we will.

No more we are building,improving,working hard.

There are no more excuses for this team period.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

No matter what any journo says barring a horrendous run with injuries and just a bit of luck,every Carlton supporter thinks,knows that we have to make top 8 at the very LEAST.Top 4 in my eyes.

Lol so last year, if after all the pain of 2015 to 2022, the way we missed finals shows something that is quite unpalatable. Only results matter in this or any game.

I yam what I yam and that's all that I yam!

Yeah ditto Adelaide triple M. Im in Adelaide for a few days, had the radio on, Mark ricciuto and some other clown reckon both Fremantle and Carlton will miss the 8.

Honestly starting to wonder if they are all given a script to read, or if they all genuinely believe both teams will miss.

I mean i can understand them saying we will miss, but Fremantle? Eh??

Yeah ditto Adelaide triple M. Im in Adelaide for a few days, had the radio on, Mark ricciuto and some other clown reckon both Fremantle and Carlton will miss the 8.

Honestly starting to wonder if they are all given a script to read, or if they all genuinely believe both teams will miss.

I mean i can understand them saying we will miss, but Fremantle? Eh??
The same Mark Ricciuto that thinks that Adelaide have a good shot at making the 8. What is it with SA having the biggest clowns on radio?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am personally LOVING any media doom and gloom around Carlton. The worst thing would have been a million puff pieces talking us up - then our guys get ahead of themselves, believe our own hype and then lose a couple we shouldn't have. As much as it shouldn't I think the media hype does have an impact - especially on younger players.

tbf, i sort of agree with Kane's opinion of Cerra at present. At the end of the game he'll have 25 and ill think to myself 'didnt do much today with those 25' - and his kicking (imo), by the eye, is not as good as a lot on BF say he was at Freo - espeically kicking into the f50.

Definitely needs to impact games more and go another level. Showed it in a couple of games late in the season of what he needs to be doing more.

tbf, i sort of agree with Kane's opinion of Cerra at present. At the end of the game he'll have 25 and ill think to myself 'didnt do much today with those 25' - and his kicking (imo), by the eye, is not as good as a lot on BF say he was at Freo - espeically kicking into the f50. Definitely needs to impact games more and go another level. Showed it in a couple of games late in the season of what he needs to be doing more.
He's an important piece in the puzzle. There are players like Cripps, Walsh, Hewett and Kennedy where you know what you're going to get. Which means that improvement needs to come from others. Cerra would be top of my list to do that. If he makes a jump as a player who impacts games, our midfield moves into a different league. If he doesn't do this, then improvement probably comes from a position change (e.g. Doc or Fisher spending more time in the mids), or a fringe player becoming a regular (e.g. Carroll, Cuningham, etc.). Just reckon we still need another leap from somewhere.

David Cuningham’s latest injury setback has seen him avoid surgery, while Mitch McGovern has overcome a back issue.

Cuningham, who hasn’t played since tearing his ACL in the first half of 2021 and endured a string of injury setbacks over the years, last month dislocated his shoulder while wrestling a teammate in the gym.

tbf, i sort of agree with Kane's opinion of Cerra at present. At the end of the game he'll have 25 and ill think to myself 'didnt do much today with those 25' - and his kicking (imo), by the eye, is not as good as a lot on BF say he was at Freo - espeically kicking into the f50.

Definitely needs to impact games more and go another level. Showed it in a couple of games late in the season of what he needs to be doing more.
Agreed. BF likes to overrate players traits/strengths. Dow supposedly has elite speed. People argue black and blue that LoB is an elite kick despite his 1 or 2 shanks a game because he hits a really good pass once every 2 or 3 games. TDK is a good forward is another favourite, despite showing for years he has no impact there.

Cerra seems a decent kick and a decent player, but I haven't seen a lot to make me think he's elite.

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Back