Media Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part IV

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

CFC-Life-Members-Luncheon-2024-1400.jpg

GHzR9IIa0AAlMsX

GHzR7svbQAA-h3Q

In the Age preview summary today Caroline Wilson, Greg Baum and Sam McClure tipped Carlton to win the flag (out of 13 "experts").

Means nothing of course but interesting to see Caro on board. Scoop, on the other hand was trolling us big time mid last year despite being a Carlton fan, so it's fair to say he might be a bit fickle.

In the Age preview summary today Caroline Wilson, Greg Baum and Sam McClure tipped Carlton to win the flag (out of 13 "experts").

Means nothing of course but interesting to see Caro on board. Scoop, on the other hand was trolling us big time mid last year despite being a Carlton fan, so it's fair to say he might be a bit fickle.
don't got the mcclure antipathy - never have - just weird.........

Sam McClure is all over the place - had Port Adelaide beating Collingwood in the GF recently

don't got the mcclure antipathy - never have - just weird.........
No antipathy but just a realisation that his views are very "flexible " shall we say. He's paid to have views but it's hard to align his "Carlton need to burn the place down and start again " views from mid last year to "of course the blues are premiership favourites" of this year.

I personally prefer the Kane Cornes way of making a call and being prepared to stick with it even if it blows up on you a bit. Hardly a major point though. Like all media if I find them annoying I limit how much I see/listen to them.

No antipathy but just a realisation that his views are very "flexible " shall we say. He's paid to have views but it's hard to align his "Carlton need to burn the place down and start again " views from mid last year to "of course the blues are premiership favourites" of this year.

I personally prefer the Kane Cornes way of making a call and being prepared to stick with it even if it blows up on you a bit. Hardly a major point though. Like all media if I find them annoying I limit how much I see/listen to them.
yeah, I am a bit of a kane fan - it's car crash opinionated stuff and it's sometimes hard to look away.........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah, he's the only one to get predictions wrong........
No, not wrong. His prediction for 2024 was that PA would beat Collingwood in the GF. He made this prediction recently for the upcoming season. Now he is saying Carlton.

He has literally gone from
  • Carlton could miss the 8 if Charlie doesn't fire to
  • Carlton are premiership favourites and if you don't agree I don't know what sport you are following to
  • PA will beat Collingwood in the 2024 GF to
  • Carlton will win the premiership

It isn't a massive thing I just think he jumps around too much to get clicks

No, not wrong. His prediction for 2024 was that PA would beat Collingwood in the GF. He made this prediction recently for the upcoming season. Now he is saying Carlton.
it's just an opinion - how can people get so angry about an opinion? it might be contrived to get a reaction, it might be from the heart instead of the head, it may be just flat out way off the mark - it's a ball sport, not a bbc law documentary - try not to get so discombobulated by things people are suggesting..........fmd.........

it's just an opinion - how can people get so angry about an opinion? it might be contrived to get a reaction, it might be from the heart instead of the head, it may be just flat out way off the mark - it's a ball sport, not a bbc law documentary - try not to get so discombobulated by things people are suggesting..........fmd.........
Not angry at all - I guess I can just see why others may see him in a different light to others in the industry. His way of covering the Dustin Martin and Harley Reid stories was quite poor imo. And then to come out and say "Carlton are premiership favourites and if you don't agree you don't follow the sport properly" is just pure arrogance/ignorance/and a probably few more words with the suffix "ance"

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Back