Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

This place, honestly, kills me... how about DEliades , the club cut Tuohy (and Casboult) out of our plans? They were respectful early doors but they play in other colours now. We'd love seeing the same from Saad and Fog and Lij etc. But I can't say I've noticed it either way. Ours is a visceral game, built on passion and momentum - they should celebrate, and so should our boys, against whoever.

Players we gave up owe us nothing. It's perhaps their way of saying I still had something to offer?

Since when did I make it out that they owe us something?

Bit of humility and respect for the club that gave them an opportunity wouldn't go astray... no need to be dick heads about it...

If Casboult still had something to offer, he wasn't showing it.

Bit of humility and respect for the club that gave them an opportunity wouldn't go astray... no need to be dick heads about it...

We could rather have used him behind the ball this year.

We had Young as a VFL mainstay most of this season, what would Levi had done better than him?

At his best, he was serviceable... at the twilight of his career, 34 yrs old journeyman that can't get a game in a bottom 5 team... he would have made no difference.
Young's problem is an inability to work with Weitering and confidence issues leading him to spill marks and put pressure on himself. Casboult showed multiple times that he was more than capable of working with Weitering, and he had the best hands in the comp.

To say - given our issues stopping talls this year - that another option would've made no difference is shortsighted.

Humility, you must be a young Carlton supporter.

The bloke is human, he would have been disappointed of being cut, got a second chance and took it. Hate to see how you feel if Owies ends up at another club and kicks a goal against us

Humility, you must be a young Carlton supporter.

What a dumb comment...

The bloke is human, he would have been disappointed of being cut, got a second chance and took it. Hate to see how you feel if Owies ends up at another club and kicks a goal against us

Disappointed, sure. No one is knocking him for taking a second chance...

I don't need to be happy with him carrying on by grabbing the Suns logo, a club that has no history and has been mediocre since they're arrival after kicking a goal against us... to stick it up to us despite the fact we gave him the opportunity and kept him on our list and selected him for many more games than he deserved.

Owies has shown more than Levi did and deserves a new contract. If we low ball him, I wouldn't blame him for sticking it up to us.

Completely different circumstances.

It’s an unspoken rule in soccer that when you opt to leave your club for a bigger and better offer (typically from a bigger club) you don’t celebrate against them.

However Zac was deliberately given a low ball offer from SOS to move him on and use as trade collateral during the rebuild.

What a dumb comment...

Disappointed, sure. No one is knocking him for taking a second chance...

I don't need to be happy with him carrying on by grabbing the Suns logo, a club that has no history and has been mediocre since they're arrival after kicking a goal against us... to stick it up to us despite the fact we gave him the opportunity and kept him on our list and selected him for many more games than he deserved.

Owies has shown more than Levi did and deserves a new contract. If we low ball him, I wouldn't blame him for sticking it up to us.

Completely different circumstances.
Sounds like your problem, not his.

It’s an unspoken rule in soccer that when you opt to leave your club for a bigger and better offer (typically from a bigger club) you don’t celebrate against them.

However Zac was deliberately given a low ball offer from SOS to move him on and use as trade collateral during the rebuild.

It's OK, we cashed in our only 'tradeable' player for a younger, better model who'll be around long after 2E retires 😬

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is true.

Also, former Arsenal player Emmanuel Adebayor

I haven't heard anything about this until I heard Josh Kennedy being interviewed on SEN but there's a 9-a-side State of Origin match being played tonight at Gosch's Paddock with a whole host of ex-players including Ed Curnow, Marc Murphy, Brendan Fevola, Dennis Armfield, and Bryce Gibbs amongst others.

I haven't heard anything about this until I heard Josh Kennedy being interviewed on SEN but there's a 9-a-side State of Origin match being played tonight at Gosch's Paddock with a whole host of ex-players including Ed Curnow, Marc Murphy, Brendan Fevola, Dennis Armfield, and Bryce Gibbs amongst others.

From 6PM tonight at Gosch's Paddock :-

GWCOyZjXAAA_ii5

Just gotta say … I’m excited.

I’m excited for week one of the finals.
I’m excited for the weeks after week one 😉.
I’m excited for the draft and trade period.
I’m excited for the potential off-field personnel changes.
I’m excited to see our young guys develop.
I’m excited to see our old guys hopefully get some success.
I’m excited for the years ahead.
I’m excited for my young man’s GF this weekend.
I’m excited to support this club.

I’m excited where this club is going.

I’m excited.

Just gotta say … I’m excited.

I’m excited for week one of the finals.
I’m excited for the weeks after week one 😉.
I’m excited for the draft and trade period.
I’m excited for the potential off-field personnel changes.
I’m excited to see our young guys develop.
I’m excited to see our old guys hopefully get some success.
I’m excited for the years ahead.
I’m excited for my young man’s GF this weekend.
I’m excited to support this club.

I’m excited where this club is going.

I’m excited.
We are excited for you!

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back