Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

What he say?
McClure was carrying on about sacking Mick and King asked what his expectations were for the year. McClure ignored him as he carried on. King made the point that we only won 7 games last season and if we match that we will actually improve. Thinks McClure is overrating the list (which he is).

Then McClure was rubbishing our forward set up and King mentioned the fact we had 14 scoring shots in 40 mins of football so it wasn't as though it was completely broken.

Genuinely surprised from him tonight.

Surprising stuff from King, I didn't see it but glad there's some common sense. Gee McClure is blind, like he doesn't have the foggiest in regards to the team/list and who's on it. Just wants results. We all want that. I think our forward line would go alright if we had the depth of quality mids to keep it well supplied all game.

McClure was carrying on about sacking Mick and King asked what his expectations were for the year. McClure ignored him as he carried on. King made the point that we only won 7 games last season and if we match that we will actually improve. Thinks McClure is overrating the list (which he is).

McClures argument tonight was bizarre to say the least. Began arguing his points as to why Mick should be sacked i.e. not enough improvement/wins/not getting enough out of the list...then by the end of it agreed with King that the list was overrated...

sorry to intrude was just sick of hearing McClure again tonight...had had enough of him over the weekend.

McClures argument tonight was bizarre to say the least. Began arguing his points as to why Mick should be sacked i.e. not enough improvement/wins/not getting enough out of the list...then by the end of it agreed with King that the list was overrated...

sorry to intrude was just sick of hearing McClure again tonight...had had enough of him over the weekend.
No argument from me, you're absolutely spot on. He's just running with this hatred of Mick and has his fingers in his ears when someone tries to talk sense to him. It's very boring and annoying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

#JustMalthouseTh... ah forget it.

Maclure's grand plan a few years ago was to inject youth into the team (which Mick definitely has not done, clearly :cool:), unite the playing group (which if you believe people on here the players have lost interest after round one) and to "forget yesterday", in the meantime citing nothing but yesterday.

So the only question that remains is: who is Maclure on here?

Nah, question is what is Maclure on here? ;)

And haven't you heard - we've already locked in the spoon for this year too. Mick's gotta go. :rolleyes:

I dno, what McClure is saying is no worse than the tripe that's been posted around here lately ..... pretty sure :straining:
Yeah but McClure is supposed to be a football expert and not just a rabid fan.

While Thursday was really disappointing, to go so hard after one game was poor and not really helping the club. There is a fair chance he will be able to make the same comments in the middle of the season with a bit more to back himself up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back