Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Williams and Saad? Let me know when you reach 2024.

"One Unknown" - Funny way of saying top 10 pick (and potential pick one fancy) in a superdraft. No mention of getting a 2nd back either. Talk about cherry-picking.

Smarter clubs are all about preparing for what lies ahead by going hard now with the draft before Tassie and all the acadmemy players arrive. But you stick with your 'we want players, not picks' mob. There is absolutely no chance it could backfire.
Superdraft haha. It's a deep draft with an unimpressive top end. Carlton had it right two days ago with 12 and 14. They're prized pick 3 wouldn't have gone top 5 last year. 2021 had four players that would go #1 this year, the last two drafts have at least three that would go #1 this year.

Smart clubs typically are the ones who regularly flirt with the ultimate success and sometimes taste it. One of our clubs does it, the other is the one you support.

Once again, Gold Coast and GWS occupied successive drafts and no side was seriously affected.

I thought the thread title was about Carlton winning the "race" in 2024. Correct. Undeniable really. Thread title says it. Also based on ladder positions, the fact we at least played in a final and the other, the loser for 2024 between the 2, being Collingwood, well, they did NOT!

So based on the above it would be fair to say that Carlton would go in ahead of Collingwood at the start of the 25 season, unless something miraculous happens in the off season to change that position.
Still with me Magpie fans. I hope so.
So to bridge the gap, Collingwood replace their 27yo fairly average hbf in Noble, for a shiny upgrade, in Dan Houston, also 27yo, so no real change there other than quality of player. Concede the upgrade there. Perryman. Decent pick up also, but is it enough to get ahead of the Blues in 25, let alone bridge the gap between finishing 9th or 10th or wherever they finished, to winning the flag, which they have openly admitted they are doing. They also got rid of 1 of their better 23/24yo (which you don't really have many of) in Joe Richards.

What else did ya get?

According to the AFL review of trade week, absolutely nothing except a bleak future, unless you think any future, high quality free agents will want to come to a bottom 8 side, coz ya won't have any draft capital at all either.

Anyway, I digress.

Are the above changes enough to lift the lowly Collingwood above Carlton in 2025? Hmm. Wouldn't bet on it and I am a gambling man

So, ideally, Carlton wouldn't really need to do much, other than keep their multiple game winners on the park at the same time, maybe add a top3 generational young mid, to fit in with our other young star mids (as opposed to Collingwood mids who are all, bar the Daicos boys, really ready for retirement - Pendles 37 Sidebottom 34, Mitchell 32 Crisp 31 JDG 29. And that's just the midfield. Sorry, I forgot about the likes of Jack Bytel, Ed Allan, wil Parker, Sullivan etc, who will take over) Good luck with that.
I won't mention the forward line either in Mihocek 32, Elliott 32, Cox 34, McStay on the park (not) 30.
But wait. There's more! They still have in their arsenal, just waiting to use these guns when their current guns expire. The likes of
Harvey Harrison, Reef McInnes, Ned Long, Harry Demattia, Tew Jiath, Jakob Ryan, Josh Eyre,
Josh Carmichael. Let's not also forget the likes of Ash Johnson who has played as many games as he is old (27). Frampton 27yo, played 58games. Freddie Krueger 25yo played 15 games. All those stars the Maggie's have , keeping these gems waiting in the wings. They must have been mature aged recruits. Well get use to em, coz that's all you'll be getting in the future and of the same quality.

On SM-G980F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back