Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Others might regard it as a pretty good window into the heights a team can reach.

So very relevant to this thread.

But I know why Carlton supporters are so quick to disregard 'the past' and tell us all about how different 'the future' will be...
I'm not disregarding the past at all. I'm just not bringing it up all the time because I have nothing else.
If you want to mention the past, then let's. In it's entirety, not hand picked period's that suit your narrative.

On SM-G980F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I joined in June. That's not 6 months
Just getting started. Wind me up. See how far I go
Must admit I have been reading the site for many years but usually too busy, but now I'm retired I have the time. Have read a lot of this thread ( and others) so know the great Fadge well.
I'm just hoping you've got some new material.

Welcome to the forum's mate feel more than welcome to vent about Carlton's disastrous 2025 year when the time comes. I look forward to it! Voss might even be sacked before Hinkley 🤣

Oh yes suddenly Owies is a superstar lol, and after all you just typed we finished ahead of the Pies. Now what does that say about them?
We're talking about 2025 champion, Pies have made strong additions, have a proven good coach and a successful culture over decades. Carlton have an injury prone squad, have not addressed the issues that I mentioned and have not strengthened their list in any meaningful way. But yeah congrats on the draft picks lol.

Also Owies was easily your most productive small forward this year and one of the few durable players in your team. You don't get any goals from your midfield, the scoring is super concentrated on your key forwards and you're now going to be even more reliant on them next year. The best teams and all the recent grand final winners have a large spread of goal kickers, that's just a fact.

We're talking about 2025 champion, Pies have made strong additions, have a proven good coach and a successful culture over decades. Carlton have an injury prone squad, have not addressed the issues that I mentioned and have not strengthened their list in any meaningful way. But yeah congrats on the draft picks lol.

Also Owies was easily your most productive small forward this year and one of the few durable players in your team. You don't get any goals from your midfield, the scoring is super concentrated on your key forwards and you're now going to be even more reliant on them next year. The best teams and all the recent grand final winners have a large spread of goal kickers, that's just a fact.
Not sure you'd know a "fact" if it slapped you

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moir will take Owies spot improvement from Lord, Motlop, Dudin, Cowan, Binns and Ollie Hollands who are all under 21 and don't forget whoever we draft. It's called improvement from whithin champion.

[
Must admit I have been reading the site for many years but usually too busy, but now I'm retired I have the time.
Welcome to another crusty old Bagger!

You will fit in well.

Bagger fans love talking about how good they used to be (normally 50 years ago and the 1970s seems to be favoured sweet spot) and predicting that next year will see a return to their former glory because they have high draft picks.

Alot of Blues supporters started to turn on Voss last year. The ones supporting him I believed said they need to recruit better coaches around him to make up for his inadequacies so it's not that far from being reality.
Read what you've said mate. Where's your proof to back up what you've said. Word's on a page. That's all.

Forget about 2023 Pies are Mexican citizens now.
Travel Beach GIF by Rome & Duddy

[
Welcome to another crusty old Bagger!

You will fit in well.

Bagger fans love talking about how good they used to be (normally 50 years ago and the 1970s seems to be favoured sweet spot) and predicting that next year will see a return to their former glory because they have high draft picks.
Thanks. It's not just high draft picks. Surely you guys know it's more than that. We made some severely wrong choices in the past due to bad management which we have rectified in recent times. Appointment of GW etc
We are finally learning from the past mistakes which I'm sure will hold us in good stead going forward.

And that's what the thread is about is it not. 2025 and who will be better, which in itself is speculatory, so I get there will be a lot "I believe" this and that etc.
If someone wants to make a new thread about Collingwood being better than Carlton for the last 25 years then go right ahead. You might just find you'll be talking to yourselves tho.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back