Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I hearing rebuild based on that analysis, and all the players you’ve let go together with a preference for the draft?
No. More akin to a refresh, which is what most clubs do at the end of the season.
We made finals last year with a decimated list, but the majority of the list profile is in good shape, age and experience wise. So just your normal get rid of injury prone 26/27 yo like Martin, Cunningham and Marchbank, who we replaced with Haynes. Both fringe. Cut a couple others. Traded Owies & Kennedy coz we didn't want to prevent him from more game time somewhere else. Pick 38. Meh. That'll do. Austin will turn it into something we need. MK was probably going to be behind young Cooper Lord next year as well too. Get in a high draft pick (or 2 coz we can still live trade 3) and that's it.
Pretty happy I would think with the rest.

On SM-G980F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hated him from day 1. Mostly coz how good he was and didn't play for Carlton and always tore us apart. Pissed me off no end.
But. Back to the question, which I'm afraid to say I can't answer. He is obviously a very very good footballer and his achievements reflect that but over my time I've seen some wonderful players.
I am not one of those guys that adhere to the GOAT theory that such and such was the best of all time followed by so and so and so forth.
There's far too many great players of the past and in different ways, to order them.

On SM-G980F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Answering a question about Dustin Martin and finding a way to insert GOAT somewhere in the answer, even if just to see those two very disparate things in relative proximity, fairly ‘Richmondy’ thing to do… The original question made no mention of goats.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back