Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I look at stats quite often, coz they are irrefutable on their own and when certain stats are put together they can start to paint a picture.
So for my fellow Blues fans who are into stats also, and for those Collingwood fans who dare, go and have a look at the AFL app
Go to Stats. Bottom right. Then go Teams. Now in the middle go Full Table. Now, top left, start using the drop downs for each category.
There are 7 main categories, such as Disposals, Possessions, Stoppages etc and within those, subcategories.
Go through em. Good fun if you're a bagger!
They are in front of us in a few areas tho baggers so just forwarned.
Areas like clanger average where they are Number 1, just ahead of Richmond
The areas where we are ahead are things like disposal efficiency, clearances (both stoppage and centre), contested and uncontested possessions etc
You know. The good ones!
Actually, when you look at each category and sub categories, it's not hard to see why they finished where they did.
Also, I have to say I'm a little sceptical that they can bridge the gap required, with the addition of Houston and Perryman and even more so if they are seriously considering topping up with the likes of Membrey and Tomlinson, as reported in the media. Keep adding to Dad's Army. Good stuff!!
Anyway, good read. Good times when you're in front.

On SM-G980F using BigFooty.com mobile app

All those stats and yet you lost more games than Collingwood in 2024! Go figure hey!

All those stats and yet you lost more games than Collingwood in 2024! Go figure hey!
Yeah only 1. You guys had the draws against Ess and Freo which probably both could have gone either way too.
The loss to Gold Coast must have stung tho and the loss to Ess after drawing wasn't good for you either
good thing you came from 58 points down against NM. that could have been a little embarrassing too.
Anyway, bottom line is, going into 2025 Carlton are ahead of Collingwood. Simples.

Yeah only 1. You guys had the draws against Ess and Freo which probably both could have gone either way too.
The loss to Gold Coast must have stung tho and the loss to Ess after drawing wasn't good for you either
good thing you came from 58 points down against NM. that could have been a little embarrassing too.
Anyway, bottom line is, going into 2025 Carlton are ahead of Collingwood. Simples.

Umpiring got them over the line v North.

Same as pies, they went from 1st to 9th. 8 teams flew past them, many due to improve again.
Yep a premiership hangover, shit happens.

At least we know our senior players are good enough to contend and win something.

They plan on catching them by recruiting 2 players on big money, whilst relying on their elder brigade.
Plan to improve by improving the list.

Meanwhile Carlton stagnated (many would say went backwards) considering they traded out their best clubman and 3rd highest goalkicker.

Have fun with another 5-10 season and wasting Crippa at his peak.

Oh and while I'm in the "stats" mood. Footywire has each teams leaders of 11 different areas of the game - kicks, Handballs, marks, clearances' clangers, i50's etc.
In Collingwoods, N Daicos leads them in 6 out of those 11 categories.
God help them if he goes down.
And look at that. He's a youngster as well. What's that you're saying about the youth track pies fans?

Oh and while I'm in the "stats" mood. Footywire has each teams leaders of 11 different areas of the game - kicks, Handballs, marks, clearances' clangers, i50's etc.
In Collingwoods, N Daicos leads them in 6 out of those 11 categories.
God help them if he goes down.
And look at that. He's a youngster as well. What's that you're saying about the youth track pies fans?

Bit like Carlton and Crippa hey. Leads the team in Handballs, Disposals, Inside 50s, Clearances, Frees For, Frees Against, Contested Possessions.

Difference is, Cripps turns 30 next year :oops:

Bit like Carlton and Crippa hey. Leads the team in Handballs, Disposals, Inside 50s, Clearances, Frees For, Frees Against, Contested Possessions.

Isn't 30 like just entering prime age to Collingwood?

Yep. Cripps turns 30. Rest of the team don't tho which allows the youngsters to take over in the future whereas you guys are relying on the 1 youngster now with f all coming through and the old boys off the cliff

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep a premiership hangover, shit happens.

At least we know our senior players are good enough to contend and win something.

Plan to improve by improving the list.

Meanwhile Carlton stagnated (many would say went backwards) considering they traded out their best clubman and 3rd highest goalkicker.

Have fun with another 5-10 season and wasting Crippa at his peak.

Richmond thought they were just suffering a bit of a hangover when they traded the farm for Taranto and Hopper.

Hawthorn thought the same when they traded for Mitchell, O’meara and Wingard.

Hilarious part is they both actually won 3 flags and had a period of dominance so had every right to think that & back themselves for a last dance.

Collingwood pinched 1 flag by the skin of their teeth sprinkled with a spoonful of luck and are going for the same strategy.

Interesting times.

You need to stop making insinuations about a 16 year old on a public forum
You are one twisted man. I didn’t make any insinuations about him. All I said is Carlton should temper there excitement. Great kid, great young player, good Yorta Yorta boy. Strong links to Cummer as do I and by the way in the Aboriginal sense I am his uncle. I now have no interest in any further conversation with you.

You are one twisted man. I didn’t make any insinuations about him. All I said is Carlton should temper there excitement. Great kid, great young player, good Yorta Yorta boy. Strong links to Cummer as do I and by the way in the Aboriginal sense I am his uncle. I now have no interest in any further conversation with you.
My comment had nothing to do with race. And twisted for what?

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back