Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

My favourite is how you've put Frampton, Hoskin-Elliott, Mitchell and Cox in our best 23, after you've spent the last 2 weeks telling us how old, useless and washed up those four 2023 premiership players are....

3 All-Australians on the bench, as the great SOTY has kindly pointed out, is my second favourite.
I just pulled it straight from a Pies fan Fudgey... But keep deflecting

You talk as if you have North's age profile. Carlton has the 4th oldest list in the AFL, behind Collingwood, Geelong, WB, and ahead of Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney. All teams that are trying to top up their lists to win a premiership in 2025.

That what makes Carlton's trade strategy mystifying. They ended up with a worst list but better draft position. But the latter wont help in 2025, or even 2026.
Blues have the 4th oldest list but how much younger is it than the Pies aged care village?

Pfffft.

Carlton aren't winning in 2025, and they've already fallen behind Hawthorn.

Check out the combined best 30 I've compiled in the Carlton Hawthorn thread. And Hawthorn have a heap of players - Newcombe, Day, Weddle, Watson, Dear (who i couldn't fit into Hawthorn's best 18 and combined best 30), etc. - who are only going to get better in 2025 and beyond.
That combined 30 was hilariously bad, Stevie Wonder could have put together something better 🤡

All this age talk, our best player who carried our side to 9th singlehandedly last year is 21. We just need support around him and him not to be injured and we will be competitive for the next 10 years. Thats not counting what we could get in the future with free agency etc

That combined 30 was hilariously bad, Stevie Wonder could have put together something better 🤡
Really? Let's see yours posted in that thread and open for critique.

And happy for you to tell us all, including Hawthorn supporters, where I was wrong.

I'm sure it was a reality check for a few who keep raving about Carlton's 'stacked list'...

Really? Let's see yours posted in that thread and open for critique.

And happy for you to tell us all, including Hawthorn supporters, where I was wrong.

I'm sure it was a reality check for a few who keep raving about Carlton's 'stacked list'...
Fudgey u have Will Day and Jai Newcombe above Walsh ... At no point in either of their careers have they ever been better than Walsh. Even when Walsh is in a bad patch of form he still outperforms them.

Ur a troll just admit it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blues have the 4th oldest list but how much younger is it than the Pies aged care village?
Yep Carlol's core group is at or nearing 30.
Imagine being 29 years out from the last flag and stuck with a middle of the road team with no exciting youngsters, no first rounder next year and you're the 4th oldest list.
Ouch. Pain city!

Imagine being 29 years out from the last flag and stuck with a middle of the road team with no exciting youngsters, no first rounder next year and you're the 4th oldest list.
Ouch. Pain city!
Will we still have that age demographic after our list moves? No... But the Pies have somehow gotten even older after theirs 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Will we still have that age demographic after our list moves? No... But the Pies have somehow gotten even older after theirs 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Paddy Dow and SPS shows that sometimes being younger is not better.

I also recall Kristian Jachs or however you spell it was traded in for a pick 7.

Elite list management!

Ouch. Pain city!

The Blues started trade period picking up Haynes which kinda made sense, and then half way through decided to go all Richmond-like and jettison decent players to get into the top end of the draft to build for the future.

The Blues under Vossy just can't remain consistent through any period, H&A, Finals or trade period. Confusing!

The Blues started trade period picking up Haynes which kinda made sense, and then half way through decided to go all Richmond-like and jettison decent players to get into the top end of the draft to build for the future.

The Blues under Vossy just can't remain consistent through any period, H&A, Finals or trade period. Confusing!
Schizophrenics

Collingwood have contended for 4 of the last 7 premierships.

Carlton none of the last 25.
As Collingwood supporters it's impossible to imagine supporting a club that can't achieve a top 4 finish in 24 years.
That level of shitness is totally foreign to Collingwood and it's supporters.

What they're trying to say is that Carlton have a better age profile to win the premiership.

There's only one minor oversight with that assessment... they don't have the quality and depth of players.

Go through each of the teams we believe are a chance to contend for the flag next year, as I have done for Collingwood and Hawthorn, and pick the best 30 players from the combined lists. You'll find no more than a dozen Carlton players on the list of 30, simply because their list is nowhere near that of a potential contender.
If you did the top 30 between Carlton and Collingwood, Carlton would have more simply because 1 team finished higher than the other in 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back