Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

So they aren't meaningless - glad we agree
they arent totally meaningless if you get a game winner. They come along maybe once a year if that though. Otherwise you struggle in the depths of despair for years... you should know..
anyway as an aside Tigers could have 15 picks in a superdraft year, it wont matter, without good elder players they will be in a deep hole for the next 10 years

they arent totally meaningless if you get a game winner. They come along maybe once a year if that though. Otherwise you struggle in the depths of despair for years... you should know..
anyway as an aside Tigers could have 15 picks in a superdraft year, it wont matter, without good elder players they will be in a deep hole for the next 10 years
Yep a balanced list approach is key - not only for the now but also for the future

That's quite funny. And desperate.
You see , this is why there is no point getting into a reasonable discussion with you.
You make a statement about a top 15 list which you have compiled on my football club, then when I bring up a few names in discussion, you merely refute those claims as they aren't in agreeance with your random list. It's like your list can not ever be questioned because you have compiled it , and that is the only list that can be discussed .
You're a joke mate. Keep on pasting away useless stats for your own giggles - end of the day they are all pretty meaningless

You see , this is why there is no point getting into a reasonable discussion with you.
You make a statement about a top 15 list which you have compiled on my football club, then when I bring up a few names in discussion, you merely refute those claims as they aren't in agreeance with your random list. It's like your list can not ever be questioned because you have compiled it , and that is the only list that can be discussed .
You're a joke mate. Keep on pasting away useless stats for your own giggles - end of the day they are all pretty meaningless
Let's be clear.

You questioned whether Dan McStay was in Collingwood's Top 15 players, and countered with Silvagni as one of Carlton's top 15 players.

You've then gone on a rant about me refuting other posters' claims because they're not in agreeance (which isn't even a word) with me.

And you're calling me 'a joke'?

Wowee.

Let's be clear.

You questioned whether Dan McStay was in Collingwood's Top 15 players, and countered with Silvagni as one of Carlton's top 15 players.

You've then gone on a rant about me refuting other posters' claims because they're not in agreeance (which isn't even a word) with me.

Wowee.
Dan McSpud cannot be considered a loss to a team. He's the KPF equivalent of Owies

Let's be clear.

Wowee.
😂 The Fadge and Worm show in full flight. I see it's spilled over to the Slobbos top 50 thread too😅

Get a room you two ...

Again, go and watch the 2023 Qualifying and Preliminary Finals, and come back to me.

You guys aren't shy about showing your ignorance, are you?
I guess Jack Martin and Matt Cottrell are also key players because they played a few good games in a finals series? McSpud is a career spud. A couple of good games isn't going to change that.

Last edited:
I guess Jack Martin and Matt Cottrell are also key players because they played a few good games in a finals series? McSpud is a career spud. A couple of good games isn't going to change that.
McSpud has a 13-6 record with us, he's an excellent target who rarely gets outmarked, possibly our 3rd most important player after Daics and De Goey

A lot of people don’t realise that the Carlton small forwards aren’t as bad as the stats suggest. Carlton have two genuine KPF threats that they aim to go for whenever possible. So the smalls are a secondary scoring option.

Collingwood don’t really have those genuine KPF threats, so they pretty much aim for chaos balls and primarily let the smalls/mediums do the work, hence the better stats.

A lot of people don’t realise that the Carlton small forwards aren’t as bad as the stats suggest. Carlton have two genuine KPF threats that they aim to go for whenever possible. So the smalls are a secondary scoring option.

Collingwood don’t really have those genuine KPF threats, so they pretty much aim for chaos balls and primarily let the smalls/mediums do the work, hence the better stats.
Nah our smalls are straight up terrible. Would they do better in other teams? Possibly... But they are dreadfully unskilled.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McSpud has a 13-6 record with us, he's an excellent target who rarely gets outmarked, possibly our 3rd most important player after Daics and De Goey
Oh boy, his best return in a single season is 28 goals. 28
Let me say that again so it sinks in a little bit more. 28
160 odd games and has polled in 2 games total in the brownlow medal.
This is the 3rd most important player in your team with a 13 and 6 win/loss record?
Is this the point where we add Lachie Fogarty into the equation on Carltons side due to his 20 win 7 loss record over the past 2 years ??
Cmon cobbers.
Again what's the point . I could throw silvagni into my top 15 and he laughs it off as it doesnt suit the narrative. Everything I suggest he contests. Do you not agree ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back