Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

He isn't the list manager. The recruiting is headed by Nick Austin.
That might be too much for Pie fans to understand, not exactly Mensa members

Can't have it both ways on this sorry.
It reflects his judgement.
What have you all been saying about the recruitment of Schultz? Wright is the guy who did it.
If Schultz is a spud that we way overpaid for and didn't need like you've been saying all year; well congratulations you've recruited the guy who did it.
Yeah but i said he's not going there to be in the football department.

You're (potentially) replacing awesome draft picks with a 28 year old half back flanker and you think it's awesome :p
We are hoping (potrbtially) to bring in a quality footballer (multiple AA) who will give us circa 100 games at that level.

And the cost is a roll of the dice on a mid teens draft pick which rarely ever end up with that kind of output, and some fringe depth players.

So yep, go for it Pies.

He has literally told Collingwood to GAGF'd.
I doubt he is a pie man anymore. He has seen the light and left the dark side
Eerily similar to the circumstances around Malthouse going to Carlton. As I said. This is operation ruin Carlton MK2.

Anyway it's super funny hearing Carlton supporters celebrating recruiting a Collingwood man. I guess you all hope he can bring across a little bit of what it takes to be successful. I mean it's not like you can generate that internally is it.

Carlton are desperate to be more like Collingwood😂. Not gonna happen though. Can't get the Blooser out of the Bloos.

Your window slams shut the second Cripps hangs up the boots IMO, he’s that influential for you. The way he plays how many years til he breaks down?

So it’s not any old year, it might be 2-3 years til you’re entirely out of the mix again, maybe for another 30 years… it’s also not every year a dual AA A-grader childhood fan wants to get to your club, right when you’re at the zenith of your list build and meant to be contending. The timing is impeccable.

The way they seem to be trying to cut loose Owies and Kennedy tells me salary cap may be an issue, yes, but if it’s just about wanting a draft pick too it’s sheer stupidity IMO. Even if the 50/50 of the player making it goes your way, it’s unlikely to coincide with your captain still carrying the team on his shoulders, and you win nothing and die wondering what could have been….

Trust me as a Pies fan I’m pleased by what I’m seeing, and we may well be the beneficiaries, just can’t make heads or tails of what Carlton are thinking.

Excellent post. Recall being annoyed that the Lions gave up pick 12 for Cameron. in hindsight a bargain. Same deal with Neale and pick 6.

He's in an executive role. A primary part of which is decision making based on his JUDGEMENT.
Was the Schultz trade an embarrassing debacle like you've been saying all year?, or not? Suddenly...
I don't think any Carlton supporter has changed their mind about Shultz, sold the farm for a C+ grader.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are you bringing up Malthouse ?
Yeah completely different situation. Pies scraping the bottom of the barrel :$

Excellent post. Recall being annoyed that the Lions gave up pick 12 for Cameron. in hindsight a bargain. Same deal with Neale and pick 6.
History is littered with teams going from finals teams who aren't genuine contenders to premiership teams in the space of one off season with some astute trading in of known quantities.

Going back as far as 2010 - Pies were miles off Geelong and St. Kilda. Bring in Jolly and Ball, and guess what?

Pies in 2023 brought in McStay, Hill and Mitchell. Guess what?

How much impact has Dunkley had at Brisbane?

Cameron to Geelong.

The list is endless.

Yep both of those were indeed excellent deals for Brissie, wouldn't have won the flag this year without them (well deserved btw).

Yet Carlton prefers to waste their once in a lifetime captain's final years by picking up Stocker MkII, go figure...

He will need to come in and clean up the culture that’s for sure.

Look what you guys just did to Owies; leaked a fake story about his salary demands which are completely inflated. Carlton burning players as they try and fight dirty.
What leak?

Allan was always going to be a longer-term prospect. 194cm ball winner who runs like the wind blows. Won't be easy to forget his name in time.
Allen gets 20 possessions in a Rd 24 dead rubber, when the Dees have 4 of their best 5 players missing and Pies supporters are blowing their load. I have seen practice matches with more intensity. 40 tackles a side. Players were more focused on get through uninjured and going to REVs.

Maybe his 7 possession game against Freo or his mediocre VFL form is a better indication. Will be an interesting watch next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back