Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Curnow has kicked a total of 3 goals in finals in his career.

Mason Cox has kicked 3 goals in one quarter of a final. Twice.
Are you claiming Cox is better? You guys come up with the most ridiculous arguments lol. Who cares? This proves nothing about Cox's footballing ability. Plenty of ordinary footballers are Premiership players. Let's compare their careers.

Are you claiming Cox is better? You guys come up with the most ridiculous arguments lol. Who cares? This proves nothing about Cox's footballing ability. Plenty of ordinary footballers are Premiership players. Let's compare their careers.
Cox has got it done on the big stage.

Premiership Medal and 3 goals in a quarter in Finals - twice.

Curnow and Harry yet to get it done on the big stage.

I'm not sure Mason would swap his Premiership Medal or Finals performances for a Coleman Medal.

So , just to be clear , if Cox, curnow , and McKay were part of trade week, you as list manager of Collingwood, are going after Cox primarily ?
Have you taken your meds today ?
Cox probably hasn't got as much footy in him, so based on that I'd go with Curnow, but develop him better so he learns how to get the ball without relying on free kicks, because they don't come as frequently in finals.

I had another look at their list....

After their top 13 players, it does get extremely lean. Hence why they have never looked like contending for a flag.

If he doesn't rate either of the Hollands boys, he could conceivably have JSOS as his 15th player.
I don't particularly rate Ollie Hollands yet he is only 20 years old so has some time, but JSos is a pinch hitter who relieves DeKoning in the ruck so he plays this role importantly for the structure of the side.
For the record, I probably don't have Doc in the top 15 anymore

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can’t be bothered reading through all the pages about Graeme Wright. Have the melts from the pies flogs been spectacular?
You're replacing a 30-year veteran CEO, one who has overseen 5 premierships and is only a couple of years into the job, with an untried rookie CEO and think it's awesome?

I'd openly admit to frustration if Wright was onboarding as footy boss, but this feels like a step backwards.

Seems like Cook couldn't get out of there fast enough. Wonder how long Wright will stick around for til he starts to smell what you're cooking?
Not too much discussion, though you missed the above singular post. If someone as highly regarded as Cook can't turn the titanic around then Wright as a newbie CEO will have his work cut out for him.

Not too much discussion, though you missed the above singular post. If someone as highly regarded as Cook can't turn the titanic around then Wright as a newbie CEO will have his work cut out for him.
To be fair Wright has matured through the ranks albeit purely on the footy side (not admin) and has been excellent.

You'd be betting he'll be good, but maybe the 2 year apprenticeship is ideal because he isn't fully rounded out yet.

Our bloke Kelly has masses of management experience but the knock there is its been one-dimensional: talent managing, not so much whole-of-org.

Cox probably hasn't got as much footy in him, so based on that I'd go with Curnow, but develop him better so he learns how to get the ball without relying on free kicks, because they don't come as frequently in finals.
Thought you cracked the sads and left this thread??

Your Salt levels are astronomical! 😂

Curnow has kicked a total of 3 goals in finals in his career.

Mason Cox has kicked 3 goals in one quarter of a final. Twice.
Bobby Hill has kicked more goals in grand finals than Eddie Betts. The most important game.

Does that make Bobby Hill the better small forward?

Goodness, you Collingwood supporters are proof humans can function without a brain.

Woah don’t twist my words. I don’t think Cox is better. But worm4 should respect a player that’s performed in finals and has a medal to show for it. Plenty of worse players are going around.

I'd prefer to keep Kennedy personally. Surprised Owies doesn't have a contract even from us, but guess there's something in his KPIs they really dont like.

Young.. Eh it'd be nice if someone, anyone took a punt...
Wasn't Owies among your top 3 goal kickers? Not that I or anyone else wants him as a result, but kinda amusing if true.

Is Young an upgrade on Frampton? Pies are in the market for a low-cost meat puppet to plonk at CHB...

What's hilarious if that Curnow was offering to join them, they'd take him in a heartbeat and would probably trade any of their players except the Daicos brothers for him. And probably a first round pick, too.

Dual-coleman medalists don't grow on trees, after all.

Bobby Hill has kicked more goals in grand finals than Eddie Betts. The most important game.

Does that make Bobby Hill the better small forward?

Goodness, you Collingwood supporters are proof humans can function without a brain.
Who said Cox was better? Some comprehension skills would be handy for you lot.

To be fair Wright has matured through the ranks albeit purely on the footy side (not admin) and has been excellent.

You'd be betting he'll be good, but maybe the 2 year apprenticeship is ideal because he isn't fully rounded out yet.

Our bloke Kelly has masses of management experience but the knock there is its been one-dimensional: talent managing, not so much whole-of-org.
I'd back Wright in to pick up the caper quickly, he's a shrewd operator.

But the work of a CEO is very different to a footy administrator and Carlton already had one of the best in the business.

Feels like a sideways step at best and an own goal at worst...

Proof will be in the pudding. Could well be a stroke of genius, or not. Time will tell.

We won't improve as long as Brad Lloyd is head of football. He was primarily responsible for the mismanagement of our injured players, Curnow in particular. How do I know this? Check out what he said before the Hawthorn game.

We won't improve as long as Brad Lloyd is head of football. He was primarily responsible for the mismanagement of our injured players, Curnow in particular. How do I know this? Check out what he said before the Hawthorn game.
I don’t doubt what you’re saying. The upside is that Wright is pretty ruthless in identifying the weak links in the chain and removing them. I think he could well make an excellent CEO. Cook also is/was one. Time will tell though as it’s unchartered territory for Wrighty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back