Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

You blokes would love the chance to shit the bed in a GF. You have to settle for 1 prelim every 25 years though. Cute
Funny thing is... Carlton have won 2 finals in 2023. That is 2 more finals the Blues have won than essendon in the last 20 seasons.

Magpies won 3 finals in 2023.

Brisbane won 4 finals in 2024.

It doesnt matter now....

Is Not about Vic Bias, Its North Bias. lol

Nope The AFL isnt being Bias towards North Melbourne, AFL is biased towards the Queensland and NSW sides. lol

I forgot that one. There's been so many Pies grand final defeats over the years it's hard to remember them all.:laughv1:
If you are talking about Carlton vs Collingwood grand finals alone.... you will be suprised with the record. I acutally looked it up.

Collingwood has only won just one Grand final vs Carlton, that was the 1910 VFL grand final. Carlton have won all the rest of the Carlton vs Collingwood Grand final clashes.

Actually '84 was my Year 12 there, if I recall correctly, Brent Croswell was the footy coach at CGS back then. I remember Tony Campbell as he was a standout as a young bloke. Stephen Silvagni was around at that time playing for either Xavier or Marcellin. Was a freak.
Crossa was there I found him to be an abnoxious turd. Mr Wooton was coaching the first 18 footy side. Best teacher I had there - Ken Schwab - brother of Peter

Last edited:
If you are talking about Carlton vs Collingwood grand finals alone.... you will be suprised with the record. I acutally looked it up.

Collingwood has only won just one Grand final vs Carlton, that was the 1910 VFL grand final. Carlton have won all the rest of the Carlton vs Collingwood Grand final clashes.
The rumour is that the Pies bribed some Carlton players, to deliberately play bad in that grand final as well!:laughv1:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The rumour is that the Pies bribed some Carlton players, to deliberately play bad in that grand final as well!:laughv1:
Carlton stood down 3 players suspected of receiving bribes for the 1910 Semi Final v South Melbourne. You may be thinking of that. The 1910 GF a week later was a vicious game, but with no mentions of bribery that I’m aware of.

Carlton stood down 3 players suspected of receiving bribes for the 1910 Semi Final v South Melbourne. You may be thinking of that. The 1910 GF a week later was a vicious game, but with no mentions of bribery that I’m aware of.
I think relations between the Blues and the Pies were fairly cordial until that game!

You didn't say that. Your words were there for all to see. Now, go and do your edit thing that your usually do
The implication in my post was that the finals performances were for Carlton.

The fact you guys need to raise the name of a player whose most influential finals performances were whilst he was playing for another club, in response to my comment about Mason Cox having played more influential finals games and having more premiership medals than any Carlton player since the turn of the century, says a lot about where your football club is at...

Noting Judd did play some great finals for Carlton as well, just not as many as Cox has for Collingwood, not with as much influence (I.e. getting his team into a Grand Final), and also has one fewer premiership medal than Cox whilst he was at Carlton.

Oh well.

Anthony Koutafides played for Carlton this century. Pretty sure he was a premiership player as well
More tying yourself in knots.

Desperation at its finest...

'Played more influential finals, and has more premiership medals, THIS CENTURY'.

Be patient.

Carlton have another 75 years to produce a more influential and more successful finals player than Mason Cox this century - there is a 93.7% probability it will happen.

Last edited:

Yes, one of the favourite statistics of a Carlton supporters.

And if Carlton continue to avoid Grand Finals for the next 85 years, in the same way as they have for the last quarter of a century, they can 'brag' about it being 200 years since Collingwood beat Carlton in a Grand Final.

Wouldn't that be an epic burn?

The implication in my post was that the finals performances were for Carlton.

The fact you guys need to raise the name of a player whose most influential finals performances were whilst he was playing for another club, in response to my comment about Mason Cox having played more influential finals games and having more premiership medals than any Carlton player since the turn of the century, says a lot about where your football club is at...

Noting Judd did play some great finals for Carlton as well, just not as many as Cox has for Collingwood, not with as much influence (I.e. getting his team into a Grand Final), and also has one fewer premiership medal than Cox whilst he was at Carlton.

Oh well.
The fact that you wrote a novel as a response to me taking the piss with a tongue in cheek comment...... are you glad you got that off your chest ? Lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back