Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Have you done a historical on selection 36 ? It's slim pickings for the past 20 years. Pies have their work cut out looking for a diamond in the rough with that pick
Yes, it would be daunting for a team like Carlton.

But for strong teams like Collingwood, we generally succeed with the challenge of identifying and developing talent beyond the top 10 draft picks....

Boy oh boy... Rumour mill has it that the Blues have secured a deal for Pick 3 with the Weagles while the Pies Houston play is up in smoke with good ol Leppa at the wheel... Oh my.
congrats, add that to your 50 other top 10 picks which has helped you to a high of 4th in the last 25 years.

I love Carlton.

For more than two decades, they've gone the quick fix with no success.

Now, when they have the top end in their prime ages, ready for a tilt at the flag, and they need to go hard to complete the jigsaw, they go the medium term view - 'We're going to the draft'...

Long live Carlton mediocrity.
Or maybe the Carlton hierarchy agree with that they aren’t contenders so are going medium term … does make the pick swap with hawthorn odd though

you barely left the MCG.
you played essendon twice and walked away with 2 points instead of 8.
you were completely carried by N Daicos (and the umps) who didn't miss a game.
you were gifted dodgy wins by the umps vs. north & adelaide.

yet you had 'significantly worse' injuries. you realize we were almost breaking records for the amount of players we had on the injury list, don't you? we had 27 players to pick from in the final game. every bit of evidence shows collingwoods injuries were no way worse than carltons - except some magical one you made up of 'top 15' which literally nobody else uses.

View attachment 2140995
Odd table it thinks hawks were relatively smashed by injury but I thought we actually had a good run.

But for strong teams like Collingwood, we generally succeed with the challenge of identifying and developing talent beyond the top 10 draft picks....
Good to know that there are strong teams outside of the top 8.
What happened to happy Houston day yesterday - your ITK fatjesus was all over it.
Hope it works out for you all today

congrats, add that to your 50 other top 10 picks which has helped you to a high of 4th in the last 25 years.
In that 25 year span you refer to , Collingwood have had more top 10 national draft selections than Carlton. Its a really really cool story you came up with nevertheless.
( and your old mate loved your comment clearly agreeing with your statement prior to doing 2 minutes of research)
Checking facts , is important

In that 25 year span you refer to , Collingwood have had more top 10 national draft selections than Carlton. Its a really really cool story you came up with nevertheless.
( and your old mate loved your comment clearly agreeing with your statement prior to doing 2 minutes of research)
Checking facts , is important
Yes but we traded for most of those. You've had more bottom 10 finishes than us and we've finished above you in twenty of the last twenty five seasons.

Yes but we traded for most of those. You've had more bottom 10 finishes than us and we've finished above you in twenty of the last twenty five seasons.
Don't you love a good narrative about Carltons top 10 picks . It's a dead set myth that posters keep running with thinking they've had an abundance of them. 10 in the past 25 years. Pies have had 11

You were outside the 8 remember.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But not this year and that's where we are up to.

Don't you love a good narrative about Carltons top 10 picks . It's a dead set myth that posters keep running with thinking they've had an abundance of them. 10 in the past 25 years. Pies have had 11
They shoot first before they load the bullets.

You do realise you can just look this up, instead of just making up crap.

Carlton v Pies top 10 picks in last 25 years

#1s, Baggers 5, Pies 0
#2s, Baggers 1, Pies 1
#3s, Baggers 1, Pies 1
#4s, Baggers 2, Pies 1
#5s, Baggers 0, Pies 2
#6s, Baggers 2, Pies 2
#7s, NA
#8s, Baggers 0, Pies 1
#9s, Baggers 1, Pies 1
#10s, Baggers 2, Pies 3

Baggers have more - 14 to 12, and the Baggers picks are all the high value where Pies are pick 10s.

No wonder Baggers have been rubbish when this is all they got for their picks.

#1 Walsh
#3 Dow
# 10 O'Brien
#6 SPS
#1 Weiterz
#10 Harry
#6 Yaz
#1 Krooze
#1 Gibbs
#1 Murph
#4 JK
#9 J.Russ
#2 1AW
#4 Livingston

Keep battling Worm

I do not post often, prefer to read everyone else's but God this board makes me laugh.
Us Carlton supporters can be abit fragile, and you collingwood supporters give me something to hate, so thank you for that.
End of the day, we were shite for so long that you can't blame people for only remembering that.
Anyone who watches football would say collingwood has been the better team for majority of the last 2 decades and I wouldn't dispute that, gives me more reason to hate them.
Now the tables have turned and the impending repercussions of time are catching Collingwood and IMO next year is the last year this "who will be better" board might have a pulse because there's a cliff coming and the pies are about to drop off it, not saying they'll be north levels of bad but take out the Pendles, Sidebottoms, Howes, Elliotts and there's more not so spring chickens there's the daicos boys and then there daylight to the next talent.

To remove my bias I feel for collingwood supporters who are always hoping for us to fail, you've got your wish more than enough over the last 23 years... it's our turn now.
I love to hate collingwood and I love you to hate us, may the greatest rivalry in AFL live on.

You do realise you can just look this up, instead of just making up crap.

Carlton v Pies top 10 picks in last 25 years

#1s, Baggers 5, Pies 0
#2s, Baggers 1, Pies 1
#3s, Baggers 1, Pies 1
#4s, Baggers 2, Pies 1
#5s, Baggers 0, Pies 2
#6s, Baggers 2, Pies 2
#7s, NA
#8s, Baggers 0, Pies 1
#9s, Baggers 1, Pies 1
#10s, Baggers 2, Pies 3

Baggers have more - 14 to 12, and the Baggers picks are all the high value where Pies are pick 10s.

No wonder Baggers have been rubbish when this is all they got for their picks.

#1 Walsh
#3 Dow
# 10 O'Brien
#6 SPS
#1 Weiterz
#10 Harry
#6 Yaz
#1 Krooze
#1 Gibbs
#1 Murph
#4 JK
#9 J.Russ
#2 1AW
#4 Livingston

Keep battling Worm
So you've factchecked their fact check and proven them wrong?

Well I'd never have expected that!

And their best player from that list ended up playing out his career, and winning a premiership, at another club!

Last edited:
I do not post often, prefer to read everyone else's but God this board makes me laugh.
Us Carlton supporters can be abit fragile, and you collingwood supporters give me something to hate, so thank you for that.
End of the day, we were shite for so long that you can't blame people for only remembering that.
Anyone who watches football would say collingwood has been the better team for majority of the last 2 decades and I wouldn't dispute that, gives me more reason to hate them.
Now the tables have turned and the impending repercussions of time are catching Collingwood and IMO next year is the last year this "who will be better" board might have a pulse because there's a cliff coming and the pies are about to drop off it, not saying they'll be north levels of bad but take out the Pendles, Sidebottoms, Howes, Elliotts and there's more not so spring chickens there's the daicos boys and then there daylight to the next talent.

To remove my bias I feel for collingwood supporters who are always hoping for us to fail, you've got your wish more than enough over the last 23 years... it's our turn now.
I love to hate collingwood and I love you to hate us, may the greatest rivalry in AFL live on.
Good luck, Rookie.

If you're lucky Collingwood will have two years as bad as Carlton's last 24 have been.

See, the Pies know how to build a list to contend for premierships in the modern era, and regenerate their list quickly.

Carlton don't. They just flounder and have a good two month run here and there, to give their supporters false hope.

Good luck, Rookie.

If you're lucky Collingwood will have two years as bad as Carlton's last 24 have been.

See, the Pies know how to build a list to contend for premierships in the modern era, and regenerate their list quickly.

Carlton don't. They just flounder and have a good two month run here and there, to give their supporters false hope.
Premiers to Mexico in 12 months and in another season no one will want to go there unless they're over 34 years of age.

Premiers to Mexico in 12 months and in another season no one will want to go there unless they're over 34 years of age.

Prelim to a 60-0 first 50 mins of a final.

Carlton declined without having anything to show for it.

2023 is in the history books forever down at Pieland.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back