Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Peak bigfooty.

Modern day Carlton fans telling Pies fans how to build a list.

My only post in this thread will be this.

Carlton will need to be paying 4 blokes $1,000,000 and have their top 7 blokes taking up $6.6 mil in the cap - Nearly 40% of the 2025 cap.

The fall from grace when their second tier of players walk and / or there's a big culture shift due to the big 'guns' absorbing the cap will both be brilliant and satisfying.

Talk about building a list .... Carlton the team of 'stars' but no premiership team lmfao

I am going to be fascinated to sit back and watch this Carlton rebuild. Will it be different to the others? I admire the honesty of the club in realising this current list cannot win a flag and not bothering to top it up with stars to have a crack at a flag. Brutally honest but harsh. Back to the draft, the rebuild begins.

Perryman and Houston won’t make a difference to your defence if your midfield keeps getting belted. There are only so many D50 entries that can be defended.

This is a dumb trade period by the Pies, did not address the real weaknesses in their team in the mid or fwd line.

Awwwwwwwww, the little Carlton stooge is back. How sweet.

I am going to be fascinated to sit back and watch this Carlton rebuild. Will it be different to the others? I admire the honesty of the club in realising this current list cannot win a flag and not bothering to top it up with stars to have a crack at a flag. Brutally honest but harsh. Back to the draft, the rebuild begins.
Says a lot that you think picking up a player in the draft means you're rebuilding.

I just feel sorry for the poor kid they take at pick 4...

Another career ruined.

It's amusing but I also find it a bit concerning what Carlton have done..... I 100% expected them to try to top up thinking they were still in the window. But their lack of delusion this time is a worry.

They have realised that they are a turd and that they need to stop polishing it. They've come to this realisation much earlier than I expected. It shows an uncharacteristic self awareness from within the club. Bad signs.

They genuinely can't afford him mate.

Got to pay up 7 figures for Walsh and TDK within the next summer ;)

How many more 33 goals a year forwards are gonna walk from their side?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The reality check was that we had more injuries to our best 22 tho...
I am trying not be too parochial in relation to this topic. However I know that both Collingwood & Carlton experienced an usually high level of injuries during the 2023 season. Now whether Carlton had more or not, I am not sure & I am open to the relevant statistical data. OK. Now I think that the acquisition of both Perryman & Houston will certainly improve the Pies going forward. On the flip side, I have to say that I admire Carlton's creative draft strategy in order to get Pick 3 in this forthcoming draft. Obviously the Blues have a particular target in mind. Whether it is Callaghan or Lalor or Smith or someone else I am not sure. However I am sure that Carlton will end up with a quality player. Goodnight & good luck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back