Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't be best on ground every week. How many players in the history of the game have polled as the best player on the field, 12 times in the same season ?
When I find one, I will get back to you
Hmm.

The coaches didn't seem to agree.

But if you want to use the Brownlow Medal votes as your single source of data to determine who the best player was over the full season, that's your prerogative.

I personally like to use all the data that's available, inclusive of finals performances.

Carlton were meant to be winning it this year, or at a minimum contending.

What happened?
Im Fine Law And Order Svu GIF by ION

I can let you know the probability that Cody has the following on his CV after only 3 years of football:
AFL Rising Star
Premiership
Fadgelow Medal
AFLCA Coaches Award (And 2nd placing)
Club Best and Fairest
2nd and 3rd placed finishes in the Brownlow Medal
2nd and 4th placed finishes in AFLPA MVP

Zero.
So same probability as Nick taking a contested mark before Cody then. Grouse

I can let you know the probability that Cody has the following on his CV after only 3 years of football:
AFL Rising Star
Premiership
Fadgelow Medal
AFLCA Coaches Award (And 2nd placing)
Club Best and Fairest
2nd and 3rd placed finishes in the Brownlow Medal
2nd and 4th placed finishes in AFLPA MVP

Zero.
So you don't think we should use the brownlow as a barometer to measure performance with Cripps, but are happy to use it with Nick.
You're quite brilliant

So you don't think we should use the brownlow as a barometer to measure performance with Cripps, but are happy to use it with Nick.
You're quite brilliant
You quote a post of mine that includes the Brownlow Medal as one of many data sources, and can't see the difference between that and Carlton supporters referencing ONLY the Brownlow Medal?

Jeepers.

And obviously Walshy and Carlton_99 both jump on board...

By the way, carlton_99 - does the '99' reference your team's great Preliminary Final win, or your prediction as to how long Carlton's current premiership drought will extend to?

Hmm.

The coaches didn't seem to agree.

But if you want to use the Brownlow Medal votes as your single source of data to determine who the best player was over the full season, that's your prerogative.

I personally like to use all the data that's available, inclusive of finals performances.
I thought your Fadgelow medal listing was spot on.
What are your predictions for the 2025 Fadgelows? I'ma guess that Sammy the seagul Walsh will be nowhere in sight again.

I thought your Fadgelow medal listing was spot on.
What are your predictions for the 2025 Fadgelows? I'ma guess that Sammy the seagul Walsh will be nowhere in sight again.
Thank you, Scritchy.

You've always been an accurate and unbiased judge of player performances, so I'll take that as a compliment.

Nick Daicos clearly starts the favourite for the 2025 Fadgelow, given he's been the best player in the game over the past two seasons, and is entering only his 4th season of football.

It's quite remarkable when you sit back and think about it. Unprecedented actually.

I'll see how the other teams and players shape up over the course of the off season, but I do think Heeney (who will be raring to go to make amends for his injury effected Grand Final performance) and Bontempelli will be up there again, with Serong to take a big step with an improved 2025 from Fremantle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back