Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Woops. Old age. Anyway. Would really love to know who you think i am. Obviously some previous poster but I assure you I have never posted on BF before.
Could have sworn their guernsey was yellow. Still. Terrible jumper. So's Collingwoods

On SM-G980F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Go Tiges

Durdin is about Schultz's level. Motlop better than Schultz and Moir will be miles in front of Schultz. Schultz. Owies was better than that spud.
If you want to know how good Moir will be how about you watch the way he moves but especially watch how clean his hands are.

You don’t watch much football - so I suggest you go to the AFL APP where you’ll see that Schultz comfortably performs better than Durdin, and Motlop.
Motlip is timid and a downhill skier constantly bagged by his own fans.
As for Moir huge question mark as small fwd.
If you think these guys take you to a flag you are delusional.

Great to have another die-hard Blues fan in the thread

As a matter of interest, to test your unbiased knowledge, where would you say Dustin Martin sits in the pantheon of former players?
Hated him from day 1. Mostly coz how good he was and didn't play for Carlton and always tore us apart. Pissed me off no end.
But. Back to the question, which I'm afraid to say I can't answer. He is obviously a very very good footballer and his achievements reflect that but over my time I've seen some wonderful players.
I am not one of those guys that adhere to the GOAT theory that such and such was the best of all time followed by so and so and so forth.
There's far too many great players of the past and in different ways, to order them.

You don’t watch much football - so I suggest you go to the AFL APP where you’ll see that Schultz comfortably performs better than Durdin, and Motlop.
Motlip is timid and a downhill skier constantly bagged by his own fans.
As for Moir huge question mark as small fwd.
If you think these guys take you to a flag you are delusional.
First of all I watch a lot of football. You have no idea!
Ok. I'll concede I was a little hasty and over the top with Durds. He is a little bit of a spud but he's our role playing spud and all teams have those. Look in your own backyard. Motlop. Yes needs to toughen up a bit but has the talent. Just one of those kids that just doesn't believe or is worried too much if he's got what's required. That's a character thing. So ok maybe not as good as old 27yo 120 games Schultzy, when Mots is 20 having played 40 games.
Moir. Did you go and look at his hands. No you didn't did you. He will s**t on Schultz by the time his career is done.
And if you actually think that Carlton think that Durds and Motlop are going to bring us that premiership. Those actual 2 players. Then you have rocks in your head

Carlton has no players in the youth All Australian team and not one player in the top 40 24 and under list and they question Collingwoods youth. . Oh but we have pick 3. You can’t script this stuff.

script this stuff.

Collingwood and their obsession with individual accolades.

Ollie Hollands, Elijah Hollands, Josh Cowan played basically every game this year and stuck to their role, which is what we need and need more of it.

Hated him from day 1. Mostly coz how good he was and didn't play for Carlton and always tore us apart. Pissed me off no end.
But. Back to the question, which I'm afraid to say I can't answer. He is obviously a very very good footballer and his achievements reflect that but over my time I've seen some wonderful players.
I am not one of those guys that adhere to the GOAT theory that such and such was the best of all time followed by so and so and so forth.
There's far too many great players of the past and in different ways, to order them.

Not buying it 👎

Ok. I'll concede I was a little hasty and over the top with Durds. He is a little bit of a spud but he's our role playing spud and all teams have those. Look in your own backyard. Motlop. Yes needs to toughen up a bit but has the talent. Just one of those kids that just doesn't believe or is worried too much if he's got what's required. That's a character thing. So ok maybe not as good as old 27yo 120 games Schultzy, when Mots is 20 having played 40 games.
Moir. Did you go and look at his hands. No you didn't did you. He will s**t on Schultz by the time his career is done.
And if you actually think that Carlton think that Durds and Motlop are going to bring us that premiership. Those actual 2 players. Then you have rocks in your head

Oh and please point out to me where exactly this HUGE question mark over Moir occurred in his 2 games
Thanks

Great to have another die-hard Blues fan in the thread 👍

As a matter of interest, to test your unbiased knowledge, where would you say Dustin Martin sits in the pantheon of former players?

Finals Dusty is the best I've seen on-field. Absolutely cooked what he did in finals just because he decided to.

If he played like that every week, or even every 2nd week for a 4-5 year patch, he'd be the GOAT in my eyes. So it's a hard one to measure.

Now for your thoughts on the Abletts - Gary Snr and Gary Jnr.

Thanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton has no players in the youth All Australian team and not one player in the top 40 24 and under list and they question Collingwoods youth. . Oh but we have pick 3. You can’t script this stuff.

script this stuff.
Not yet. How many do you have because your gunna need more than the Daicos boys going forward.
Pendles 1 year left
Sidey 1
Howe 1
Mitchell umm he still alive?
Elliott 1 maybe 2
Crisp 1 to 2
WHE 1 to 2
Mihocek 1 to 2
After that it's JDG, Mcstay, Moore, Maynard, Cameron, Markov. All 28/29 now.
That's a lot to replace over the next 1 to 5 years but you will be ok with picks 50 and above in this draft to start replenishing.
But we are talking about who will be better in 2025 only so we haven't got there yet.
Question is. Are your old boys still good enough to get the job done this year. Time will tell. In fact it is telling. Just ask Pendles and Sidey. They'll tell ya.

Now for your thoughts on the Abletts - Gary Snr and Gary Jnr.

Thanks.
Again. Both very gifted players and definitely in the conversation but then again so is Pendles for my money. James Hird I hated with a passion but very gifted. Robert Harvey. All three could stand still with the ball whilst surrounded by opposition players and time would for a moment stand still. It's as if they had all the time in the world. That was because all three knew how to create space and time for themselves purely through the way they moved.

Collingwood and their obsession with individual accolades.

Ollie Hollands, Elijah Hollands, Josh Cowan played basically every game this year and stuck to their role, which is what we need and need more of it.
Personally I cannot wait to watch the development of Josh Cowan at Carlton. An absolute superstar he will turn out to be

Am I hearing rebuild based on that analysis, and all the players you’ve let go together with a preference for the draft?

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back