Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Words from one of the great footy minds, Damo Barrett.

IF ...​

the off-field problems are growing larger by the day, with the prez standing down, the CEO under siege, Wrighty off to Carlton, no footy department boss, Bolton out and Leppa blowing up at seemingly everyone in his newfound role as list boss ...

THEN ...​

for coach Craig McRae, it's over, baby, it's never gonna be that way. Again.
Stopped reading when you claimed Barrett as a “great football mind”

They're just making shite up again, Dan even said in his first message as a Pie that his preference was to play for Crazy Vossy and the Blues.

Pies getting sloppy 2nds, bit like how it's taken them 3 decades to catch up to us on 16 flags.

Embarrassing
No coincidence your flags stopped when the paper bag payments were exposed.

Come on, you’re posting this as a supporter of the club that has:

• Joffa putting on a jacket
  • Chanting ‘USA! USA! USA!’ despite watching an Australian sport in Australia
  • The cringe ‘Collingwood’ long chant that sounds like a Sunday football league chant gone wrong.
Wooooof! is so nuanced and articulate 🙄

I suggest this should be the song for the bluebagger brigade.

That might be due to the fact he has more kicks in Ports set up than Saad does in ours. With their kicks Saad is more efficient.

On SM-G980F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah... it's easier to have a better DE the lower your possession count. It's a thing.

I'm not ragging on Saad. Always liked him. But he's 31 next year and he is giving off a well cooked aroma. Can't believe you passed on Houston when you had him gift wrapped.

Yeah... it's easier to have a better DE the lower your possession count. It's a thing.

I'm not ragging on Saad. Always liked him. But he's 31 next year and he is giving off a well cooked aroma. Can't believe you passed on Houston when you had him gift wrapped.
Pies keep on losing quality youth and topping up with older quality players, but geez it has to bite them on the arse sooner or later.
The back and forth banter from the past 48 hours - grow up you bunch of babies.

That might be due to the fact he has more kicks in Ports set up than Saad does in ours. With their kicks Saad is more efficient.

On SM-G980F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yep, I also believe it's better to have 3 kicks a game at 85% efficiency, particularly when they are 20 metre sideways chip kicks to teammates, than 18 kicks a game at 70% efficiency, particularly when they are clearances from congestion and 40 or 50 metre kicks to open up the play and/or set up scoring opportunities.

Those posters don't know what they're talking about, it's all about KICKING EFFICIENCY PERCENTAGE.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, I also believe it's better to have 3 kicks a game at 85% efficiency, particularly when they are 20 metre sideways chip kicks to teammates, than 18 kicks a game at 70% efficiency, particularly when they are clearances from congestion and 40 or 50 metre kicks to open up the play and/or set up scoring opportunities.

Those posters don't know what they're talking about, it's all about KICKING EFFICIENCY PERCENTAGE.
That's how Nick gets his percentages up with the old one/two. Could never miss a target doing that

Yep, don't believe it. Blues were never in the hunt on landing Houston. Seems it was Melbourne until they self imploded, then pies.
Gift wrapped - where do you come up with this shyte ?
It was Melbourne then it was Carlton. All you had to do was offer pick 12 and your F1 and he was yours. But you tried to lowball Port..Do you think the widespread media reports of this were just made up?

He’s not 31 until late July.

Meanwhile half your best 22 is over 32, but none of them are going to decline?

It was Melbourne then it was Carlton. All you had to do was offer pick 12 and your F1 and he was yours. But you tried to lowball Port..Do you think the widespread media reports of this were just made up?
We didn't want him, how many times do you have to be told?

He’s not 31 until late July.

Meanwhile half your best 22 is over 32, but none of them are going to decline?
His best football is behind him clearly. Looks to be approaching a cliff. Most players don't age like fine wine like a Pendles or Sidey.
Houston was the perfect replacement (and upgrade) but you blew it on one single draft lottery pick. I am genuinely baffled by what you've done over the trade period.

Was widely reported that you made an offer for him that port rejected
We didn't want him bad enough sounds better, even when we had 12 &14 if they had've really wanted him they would've made a play but they didn't.

His best football is behind him clearly. Looks to be approaching a cliff. Most players don't age like fine wine like a Pendles or Sidey.
Houston was the perfect replacement (and upgrade) but you blew it on one single draft lottery pick. I am genuinely baffled by what you've done over the trade period.

He was All Australian 12 months ago.

Relax.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back