Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Umm... Yep Houston is the best HBF in the land. He would replace one of them.

Thats the problem with Carlton folk. An average B grade plodder somehow becomes an irreplaceable superstar when he wears a Carlton jumper.
HBF's are a dime a dozen, elite midfielders are not.

Didn't Collingwood win a flag with Markov playing off half back? Why the obsession with Houston?

It's literally a half back flanker, the easiest position in footy.

You're claiming he's ruined and predicting he will have to deal with this back issue for the rest of his life to point score on an online footy forum. You don't know the extent of his condition, what caused it or how it will heal, you're just putting rubbish out there in hope.

Why would I do that?
Comprehension again an issue. I said I feel sorry for the kid. BUT I'm making the point he has been mismanaged, just like Kruezer.

If you think a person having a disc fusion in his early 20's isn't going to suffer the rest of his life, then you have very little life experience or no concept of the severity of the issue.

HBF's are a dime a dozen, elite midfielders are not.
Disagree. Attacking half back flankers are crucial. One of the most important positions on the ground. Nuffies think because it's considered an "easy" place to play you can get away with average plodders there.. An elite hbf like Houston would have elevated Carlton.

Lol yes it did.

It’s not rocket science. Every journalist has ran you through it.

His preferred club was Carlton. Voss wanted him, the list management team didn’t want to give up what port was asking for.

This was mentioned basically every day of trade period.

Ahhh no it didn't. Please get your facts right.

Disagree. Attacking half back flankers are crucial. One of the most important positions on the ground. Nuffies think because it's considered an "easy" place to play you can get away with average plodders there.. An elite hbf like Houston would have elevated Carlton.
Pies missed the 8 and they needed him more than Carlton.

You’re not getting the point.

He definitely would’ve improved us, but the level of improvement wouldn’t outweigh what he would’ve cost. We would’ve had to part with 2x 1sts, what if we improve from 8th to 5th in 2025, then what? No picks or currency to trade & improve for 2026, just relying on a short window to win a flag.

Maybe the clubs actually admitting we’re not good enough yet? Surely you’d be on board with that.

but it was Carlton that lost 6/8 and luckily played and won against the bottom 2 teams to get into the 8.
AND lost TWICE to the 9th placed team.
We must have done enough to make it then cause we did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Umm... Yep Houston is the best HBF in the land. He would replace one of them.

Thats the problem with Carlton folk. An average B grade plodder somehow becomes an irreplaceable superstar when he wears a Carlton jumper.
He'd replace someone, but you're so clueless about our list you don't even know the players he'd actually replace 😂

It's ok to miss the 8 once in a while. As long as you don't make a habit of it and win 5 spoons in 17 years. Can't ever see the Pies doing that. Can you?
With Leppa in charge you never know.

If we had your flukey luck we would have.
AND we wouldn't have embarrassed ourselves in the first final like Carl. Which just proved LUCK and not competence was the reason you made the 8.
Yes the first final where we lost to the eventual premier by 28 pts without DeKoning, Curow and Mckay playing.

You’re not getting the point.

He definitely would’ve improved us, but the level of improvement wouldn’t outweigh what he would’ve cost. We would’ve had to part with 2x 1sts, what if we improve from 8th to 5th in 2025, then what? No picks or currency to trade & improve for 2026, just relying on a short window to win a flag.

Maybe the clubs actually admitting we’re not good enough yet? Surely you’d be on board with that.
No you are missing the point. You need much more than just one gun mid if you want to turn your list into a contender.

You could have had Houston, pick 14 and three second round picks this year plus kept your second rounder for next year. Instead you blew all of that for pick 3.

In a deep and evenly spread draft.... You'd be better off with taking p14 plus 3 second rounders at the draft rather than just pick 3.
Could've drafted a mid with 14, a key defender and 2 small forwards with the second rounders.....AND had Houston.

It didnt seem to elevate Port.
I suppose they didn’t have a lot of quality marking forwards this year and only a young Lords last year.
You guys won’t need to concern yourselves with that though.
You’ve got Mcstay and maybe Membrey.

Poor ole John Noble 83 games in a row last year and given the flick for finals.
Heart and soul player left in a dumpster on the Gold Coast, thought he did well this year.
His first game was your first win for the year.
Unlucky I guess.
Houston is better no question and should be able to free up Markov a little.
Pencil him in for at least 10 outta 25 effective disposals a game and 7 goals for the year.

I have heard some Collingwood fans say that he’s automatically Collingwoods second best player.
Is he?

No you are missing the point. You need much more than just one gun mid if you want to turn your list into a contender.

You could have had Houston, pick 14 and three second round picks this year plus kept your second rounder for next year. Instead you blew all of that for pick 3.

In a deep and evenly spread draft.... You'd be better off with taking p14 plus 3 second rounders at the draft rather than just pick 3.
Could've drafted a mid with 14, a key defender and 2 small forwards with the second rounders.....AND had Houston.

I’d back a team full of full time employees dedicated to this vs sctritchyscroony on bigfooty.

Yes the first final where we lost to the eventual premier by 28 pts without DeKoning, Curow and Mckay playing.
You better to go to the Carlton post game thread on the night and comfort those 99% of irate supporters, that it wasn't an embarrassing loss.
Its this head in the sand thinking that is the reason you have been losers for 30 years.

It didnt seem to elevate Port.
I suppose they didn’t have a lot of quality marking forwards this year and only a young Lords last year.
You guys won’t need to concern yourselves with that though.
You’ve got Mcstay and maybe Membrey.

Poor ole John Noble 83 games in a row last year and given the flick for finals.
Heart and soul player left in a dumpster on the Gold Coast, thought he did well this year.
His first game was your first win for the year.
Unlucky I guess.
Houston is better no question and should be able to free up Markov a little.
Pencil him in for at least 10 outta 25 effective disposals a game and 7 goals for the year.

I have heard some Collingwood fans say that he’s automatically Collingwoods second best player.
Is he?
I will miss Jonny Noble. He was a heart and soul player and badly underrated imo.. should never have been dropped.
Markov won't get a game next year. We got Perryman as well.
I'm not sure about where he fits in our player rankings. Top 5 for sure. Naicos and a fit Degoey and maybe Daicos and Crisp in front of him.
I think we have a really potent forward line at full strength. Houston feeding them off half back is where we will get the biggest benefit. Plus he's a better 1v1 defender than Noble.

Last edited:
You better to go to the Carlton post game thread on the night and comfort those 99% of irate supporters that, if wasn't a and embarrassing loss.
Its this head in the sand thinking that is the reason you have been losers for 30 years.

How much time do you bozos spend in other teams game day threads? 😂😂😂

Is that healthy behaviour for a grown ass adult?

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back