Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

well clearly it would be pretty silly for us to claim superioty to Essendon after a loss and a draw. some things are obvious - to most people.
Do you think you were much better than Carlton after both games went down to the last kick? The second game could've been a different result if that kick after the siren went through.

He missed by length of the Flemington straight mate, if only Gov and Jack Martin had the brains between them to let Jack have a shot.
Gov has plenty of brains, unfortunately said brains were rattled by a 100 kg Schultz-burger at that moment

Cripps needed to be in there directing traffic instead of walking off celebrating, we've been through this before son

Could've had Houston and picked a few winners both this year and next.
We are laughing either way.
Pick 3 will be two levels better than 12 or 14 but i wouldn't expect you to know, keep looking in the 50's and 60's to see who the Pies get.

Do you think you were much better than Carlton after both games went down to the last kick? The second game could've been a different result if that kick after the siren went through.
scoreboard Mate. Just like always. How many wins the Blues had in the last 10, 20, etc Pies. You'd have to get back to when the Sullivans were on to get in front . Lol.

Pick 3 will be two levels better than 12 or 14 but i wouldn't expect you to know, keep looking in the 50's and 60's to see who the Pies get.
What about 12 AND 14?

And will be interesting to see what picks you give up in 2025 for getting the 2024 pick 14...

And if only it was always the case that pick #3 is two levels above 12 or 14 (let alone both of them), particularly in a draft where there are no Daicos, JHF, Reid types that are clear standouts at the tip end...

Last edited:
n front . Lol.

What about 12 AND 14?

And will be interesting to see what picks you give up in 2025 for getting the 2024 pick 14...
Getting near gambling territory after pick 10 and by not getting Houston probably gives us the cap to go after a FA next season. I am quietly amused that you are bringing up giving up 1st round draft picks.

Getting near gambling territory after pick 10 and by not getting Houston probably gives us the cap to go after a FA next season. I am quietly amused that you are bringing up giving up 1st round draft picks.
Every draft pick is a gamble.

You reminded us of picking Freeman and Scharenberg ahead of Cripps.

We reminded you of Paddy Dow.

Yeah .. like Paddy Dow was 2 or 3 levels better than Cripps or Max Holmes.

Another Beau McReery at 44 would be handy👍Late picks are our draft guys speciality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about 12 AND 14?

And if only it was always the case that pick #3 is two levels above 12 or 14 (let alone both of them), particularly in a draft where there are no Daicos, JHF, Reid types that are clear standouts at the tip end...
I think we just must keep a close eye on all the draftees Carlton haven given up for pick 3 both this year and next and compare their impacts to what Carlton end up with. Something tells me it will be a worthwhile exercise.

I think we just must keep a close eye on all the draftees Carlton haven given up for pick 3 both this year and next and compare their impacts to what Carlton end up with. Something tells me it will be a worthwhile exercise.
Yep plus the five "best 23" players they flushed down the toilet

This pick 3 better be Haydn Bunton 😆

That will be fun and we can do the same with the picks the Pies have given up the last two seasons as well

So let's get it right from the get go...

2024 pick 3 for 2024 picks 12, 14 and Owies;
2024 pick 14 for 2025 first and second round.
Dismal, decade-defining trading

Could have worked the last few years with instantly relevant, generational rookies coming through, but they're all gone now

We're back to having spuds like Dow, Petrevski-Seton and Oakley-Nicholls in the top 10, that's a shame 😆

So let's get it right from the get go...

2024 pick 3 for 2024 picks 12, 14 and Owies;
2024 pick 14 for 2025 first and second round.
We have 3 options. Fast forward 12 years, and this will be the relative success of the options:

1. 2024 pick 12, 2025 Carlton 1st and 2nd rounders;

2. 2024 pick 12 and 14.

3. 2024 pick 3.

That's what my probability abacus returns anyway...

We have 3 options. Fast forward 12 years, and this will be the relative success of the options:

1. 2024 pick 12, 2025 Carlton 1st and 2nd rounders;

2. 2024 pick 12 and 14.

3. 2024 pick 3.

That's what my probability abacus returns anyway...
Are you over complicating it?
Carlton say they are contenders in the window. They genuinely believe they can draft the next Joel Sellwood who can come in and impact from year 1.
So we can assess success or failure at the end of year 1, year 2, 3 etc.
The comparison could be based on player ratings in seniors matches for simplicity.
So in year 1 for Carlton it's picks 3 rating V's the ratings of Owies, Kennedy, pick 12 pick 14. In year 2 it's pick 3 vs ratings for Owies, Kennedy, 12, 14, and 2025 1st & 2nd. Etc.
For Collingwood it's player ratings for Schultz and Houston v. Ratings for Pick 10, 13, 36, Noble and Richards at the end of each year.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back