Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

We went from 9th to 5th, on the back of Blake ****ing Acres!!!
Go back and dig out as many historical posts as you like.

Carlton were miles off the contenders in 2023, as per the number of games short of the top 4 they were.

Carlton have peaked as a mid table team - a good run at the end of 2023 may have caused the list to be overrated - but these past 3 seasons is where they are at - a team who will just scrape into, or just miss the top 8, and not have what it takes to genuinely contend for the premiership.

And taking your list backwards going into next year, with your best players in their absolute prime, is not the answer.

Last edited:

Particularly when they need to improve the list right now, when their top end players are in their prime.

But as it looks, they're going to have a mid table list for the short to medium term, and then who knows where they will be once Cripps, Weitering, McKay and Curnow start exiting...

Cripps in particular. Pick 3 is unlikely to move the needle but who knows.

Go back and dig out as many historical posts as you like.

Carlton were miles of the contenders in 2023, as per the number of games short of the top 4 they were.

Carlton have peaked as a mid table team - a good run at the end of 2023 may have caused the list to be overrated - but these past 3 seasons is where they are at - a team who will just scrape into, or just miss the top 8, and not have what it takes to genuinely contend for the premiership.

And taking your list backwards going into next year, with your best players in their absolute prime, is not the answer.

Literally has nothing to do with being exposed on yet another horrid call.

Apart from debunking your apparent 'exposure'....

'Carlton went from 9th to 5th' (and back to 8th, without genuinely contending for the premiership in any of those years).
Carlton won 12 of 22 games in 2022
Carlton won 13 of 23 games in 2023
Carlton won 13 of 23 games in 2024

Look at that impressive Blake Acres bounce.🤣🤣

Carlton are a middling team.

Apart from debunking your apparent 'exposure'....

'Carlton went from 9th to 5th' (and back to 8th, without genuinely contending for the premiership in any of those years).

At the end of 2022, you said Carlton didn’t improve their list by the singular addition of Acres. We went from 12 wins to 13 wins & he was one of our best players.

At the end of 2023, you said the exact same thing about Elijah Hollands. We went stagnated at 13 wins, but you’ve now rated Hollands in our top 15 players. You also said Schultz had improved your list. You went down 8 spots.

At the end of 2024, you’ve said the exact same thing about Pick 3, and Dan Houston.

Surely you get tired of being wrong?

At the end of 2022, you said Carlton didn’t improve their list by the singular addition of Acres. We went from 12 wins to 13 wins & he was one of our best players.

At the end of 2023, you said the exact same thing about Elijah Hollands. We went stagnated at 13 wins, but you’ve now rated Hollands in our top 15 players. You also said Schultz had improved your list. You went down 8 spots.

At the end of 2024, you’ve said the exact same thing about Pick 3, and Dan Houston.

Surely you get tired of being wrong?
As the great doppleganger has stated above, Carlton are nothing more than a middling side.

Your whole argument about my prediction / assessment being exposed is Carlton going from 12 wins to 13 wins to 13 wins.

OMFG.

And I'm so disappointed Schultz wasn't able to improve us from being first to... what's better than first?

You honestly don't think a Dan Houston will likely improve Collingwood's list?

OMFG.

And I'm so disappointed Schultz wasn't able to improve us from being first to... what's better than first?

You honestly don't think a Dan Houston will likely improve Collingwood's list?
drafting shultz with an apparent list improvement saw Collingwood go from 1st to Mexico.
Houston great player and all, but it's not a given that the list improves. I don't even think Houston will improve. Anything less than AA for next year will determine that. I don't see any improvement coming from the geriatrics either . It generally comes from the kids of which Collingwood has a rare abundance of.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

drafting shultz with an apparent list improvement saw Collingwood go from 1st to Mexico.
Houston great player and all, but it's not a given that the list improves. I don't even think Houston will improve. Anything less than AA for next year will determine that. I don't see any improvement coming from the geriatrics either . It generally comes from the kids of which Collingwood has a rare abundance of.

they are getting tom mitchell back, duh!

won a brownlow 7 years ago, came 4th in the bnf 2 years ago, 32 next year so should be due for a breakout.

Houston great player and all, but it's not a given that the list improves. I don't even think Houston will improve. Anything less than AA for next year will determine that. I don't see any improvement coming from the geriatrics either .
Does that mean that Harry peaked in 2021 with a Coleman and AA, hasn't reached those heights since, and will only continue to go backwards?

Charlie 2 x Coleman's and 2 x AA in 2022/23, declined in 2024 and will only continue to go backwards?

Walsh peaked in 2021 and has gone backwards since?

How does Cripps improve from a Brownlow and AA year?

If Weitering doesn't back up his AA year, he's only gone backwards.

Things are looking grim for Carlton.

Remember, this is your logic, not mine...

Does that mean that Harry peaked in 2021 with a Coleman and AA, hasn't reached those heights since, and will only continue to go backwards?

Charlie 2 x Coleman's and 2 x AA in 2022/23, declined in 2024 and will only continue to go backwards?

Did you remove my quote referencing getting improvement out of the kids ? Surely not.

Even with AA and Coleman's, the Baggers topped out as just a middling list.

It is pick3 and Binns who are going to take Carlton up to a 16-17 win team. 🤪

Three picks in the 50's. Maybe we get another Swan, or a Goldsack, or a Cox, or a Tom Phillips, or Tom Langdon (they all played grand finals, and three won premierships).

We do alright in the preseason and especially the rookie draft. I'd take another Mihocek or a Lumumba too.

Its not about how high the number of your pick is, its about seeing the value. Confucius said "A Swan in the hand is worth two Gibbs in Radelaide".

Collingwood are going in a direction south of Mexico , Guatemala even. Worse than middling
This stuff about Mexico seems a bit racist, and like racism, its also plain stupid.

As measured from the "bottom" (the Earth's core) Central and South America are generally higher than the US.

You go looking for peaks in the Canadian Rockies, 100% of flags are won in the southern hemisphere.

We're gonna plant the flag on Mt Chimborazo. Not surprising you guys are so confused about this, when you're not used to high altitudes it taxes the brain. You'll feel better when you shuffle down to your natural altitude.

Collingwood are going in a direction south of Mexico , Guatemala even. Worse than middling
Pies had a premiership hangover, bit too much partying from Jordy and the boys in Cancun.

Yet were still able to beat Carlton twice amd finish on same points.

Pies a team who had a poor year, Carlton in a glorious run where peaking as a middling team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back