Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Three picks in the 50's. Maybe we get another Swan, or a Goldsack, or a Cox, or a Tom Phillips, or Tom Langdon (they all played grand finals, and three won premierships).

We do alright in the preseason and especially the rookie draft. I'd take another Mihocek or a Lumumba too.

Its not about how high the number of your pick is, its about seeing the value. Confucius said "A Swan in the hand is worth two Gibbs in Radelaide".

This stuff about Mexico seems a bit racist, and like racism, its also plain stupid.

As measured from the "bottom" (the Earth's core) Central and South America are generally higher than the US.

You go looking for peaks in the Canadian Rockies, 100% of flags are won in the southern hemisphere.

We're gonna plant the flag on Mt Chimborazo. Not surprising you guys are so confused about this, when you're not used to high altitudes it taxes the brain. You'll feel better when you shuffle down to your natural altitude.

Flexing on draft picks from 23 years ago 😅😅😂😂. How the mighty have fallen.

Flexing on draft picks from 23 years ago 😅😅😂😂. How the mighty have fallen.
Yes we are mighty, although I think the quote you're groping for is "How are the mighty fallen in the midst of battle" which is in 2 Samuel 1:25, when David is bemoaning the death of his mate Jonathon.

The past can be a guide to the future. For example, going on Carlton's last 23 years, you'd have to say a flag isn't in your future.

And just as David King of Israel (who served YHWH, the one who separated darkness from light creating Black and White before all others=Collingwood) overthrew the Philistines (coastal city states which must have had some sort of a navy, which suggests navy blue=Carlton) so through scriptural exegesis we see Collingwood's victory over Carlton is forseen, ordained and given God's Seal.

Yeah, because Carlton have such amazing kids...

Oh sorry, I forgot about your amazing number 3 draft pick...
Lol outside of Daicos the Pies have the worst youth in the league by a long way. McInnes, Macrae, Ryan... It's just spud city down at Pie land

the lord of the rings sam GIF

Yes we are mighty, although I think the quote you're groping for is "How are the mighty fallen in the midst of battle" which is in 2 Samuel 1:25, when David is bemoaning the death of his mate Jonathon.

The past can be a guide to the future. For example, going on Carlton's last 23 years, you'd have to say a flag isn't in your future.

And just as David King of Israel (who served YHWH, the one who separated darkness from light creating Black and White before all others=Collingwood) overthrew the Philistines (coastal city states which must have had some sort of a navy, which suggests navy blue=Carlton) so through scriptural exegesis we see Collingwood's victory over Carlton is forseen, ordained and given God's Seal.

Haha that’s gold mate! Genuinely clever.

Nicely done 👍.

That’s how you do it Fadge

Carlton aint finished top4 in the 21st century.

A middling team.
Currently they have a middle of the road team sure but if you are talking this century they are a bottom feeder team not middling. They are literally THE worst performed team in the comp bar Gold Coast this century. 5 spoons. Carlton = the new St Kilda.

As the great doppleganger has stated above, Carlton are nothing more than a middling side.

Your whole argument about my prediction / assessment being exposed is Carlton going from 12 wins to 13 wins to 13 wins.

OMFG.

And I'm so disappointed Schultz wasn't able to improve us from being first to... what's better than first?

You honestly don't think a Dan Houston will likely improve Collingwood's list?
Always doubt, not every trade works out just like going to the draft and Shultz came in and you dropped from first to 9th.

Three picks in the 50's. Maybe we get another Swan, or a Goldsack, or a Cox, or a Tom Phillips, or Tom Langdon (they all played grand finals, and three won premierships).

We do alright in the preseason and especially the rookie draft. I'd take another Mihocek or a Lumumba too.

Its not about how high the number of your pick is, its about seeing the value. Confucius said "A Swan in the hand is worth two Gibbs in Radelaide".

This stuff about Mexico seems a bit racist, and like racism, its also plain stupid.

As measured from the "bottom" (the Earth's core) Central and South America are generally higher than the US.

You go looking for peaks in the Canadian Rockies, 100% of flags are won in the southern hemisphere.

We're gonna plant the flag on Mt Chimborazo. Not surprising you guys are so confused about this, when you're not used to high altitudes it taxes the brain. You'll feel better when you shuffle down to your natural altitude.
It's only racist if you don't like it mate, Mexico means south of the eight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Currently they have a middle of the road team sure but if you are talking this century they are a bottom feeder team not middling. They are literally THE worst performed team in the comp bar Gold Coast this century. 5 spoons. Carlton = the new St Kilda.
They have been building and rebuilding for more than two decades, with more top 5 draft picks than you can poke a stick at, and have peaked as a team that wins 13 of 23 home and away games, and miles off contending for a premiership.

What a glorious generation of football we have witnessed, and there are no signs of it changing any time soon.

For the 100,000 time the thread is about 2024-25 and if you haven't got anything say nothing instead of repeating the same shit time after time.

For the 100,000 time the thread is about 2024-25 and if you haven't got anything say nothing instead of repeating the same shit time after time.
I was clarifying a poster who described Carlton as a middling team this century. Carlton are a middling team at the moment but they have been a bottom feeding dumpster fire over this century as a whole.
The distinction is important.

Give us a list of the Carlton youth you are excited about.
Elijah 'Better Than Fat Spud Schultz' Hollands
Ollie Hollands
Lachie Cowan
Ashton Moir
Cooper Lord
Whoever ends up pick 3
Jaxon Binns
Billy Wilson

Most of the Pies youth is on the delist pile. Harrison was looking alright but did his ACL, Ed Allan is supposedly going to be the best mid in the league but can barely get his hands on the pill playing midfield... It's slim pickings at Pieland

I was clarifying a poster who described Carlton as a middling team this century. Carlton are a middling team at the moment but they have been a bottom feeding dumpster fire over this century as a whole.
The distinction is important.
I'm looking at 2024 season, you know the one that has just finished and looks like the Pies are a middling team.

Elijah 'Better Than Fat Spud Schultz' Hollands
Ollie Hollands
Lachie Cowan
Ashton Moir
Cooper Lord
Whoever ends up pick 3
Jaxon Binns
Billy Wilson

Most of the Pies youth is on the delist pile. Harrison was looking alright but did his ACL, Ed Allan is supposedly going to be the best mid in the league but can barely get his hands on the pill playing midfield... It's slim pickings at Pieland
If Allen was any good he'd be playing more games, he is bog average.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back