Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

A dynasty beckons.

A dynasty of remaining a large distance from premiership contention.
I agree Fudgey! Heaven forbid Motlop ever gets off of Dunkin Donuts Schultzy boy's diet

Then add to that we've got the Camporeale twins this year, 3 NGA kids next year and Cody Walker in 2026... Things are looking good for the Blues youth!

Unfortunately the Pies are trading out draft picks like they're going out of fashion and burning all their cap space on spuds like Schultz and Perryman so when Pendles, Sidebottom, Elliot etc hang the boots up the cliff will be as deep as the Grand Canyon!

Elijah 'Better Than Fat Spud Schultz' Hollands
Ollie Hollands
Lachie Cowan
Ashton Moir
Cooper Lord
Whoever ends up pick 3
Jaxon Binns
Billy Wilson

Most of the Pies youth is on the delist pile. Harrison was looking alright but did his ACL, Ed Allan is supposedly going to be the best mid in the league but can barely get his hands on the pill playing midfield... It's slim pickings at Pieland
Thanks for that. I needed a good laugh.
Cheered me up no end seeing the list of spuds your new rebuild is relying on.

Thanks for that. I needed a good laugh.
Cheered me up no end seeing the list of spuds your new rebuild is relying on.
Our rebuild? We're just refreshing our list while our core players are in their prime years. List doesn't want for much outside of some KPD depth and a good small forward. Improvement from a few of our middle agers plus the youth in the team should be plenty enough to have us contending for the next few years.

Just a few months ago you were saying we had the list to go all the way.

Our rebuild? We're just refreshing our list while our core players are in their prime years. List doesn't want for much outside of some KPD depth and a good small forward. Improvement from a few of our middle agers plus the youth in the team should be plenty enough to have us contending for the next few years.

Just a few months ago you were saying we had the list to go all the way.
I think you will be contending for the bottom half of the 8 only to be honest.
Why?
:
Your youth is unexciting. Don't see any future A graders there. You rely heavily on a core of veterans at or near 30.
You've mortgaged everything on pick 3 this year. The father sons can't be expected to make meaningful impacts before the likes of Cripps retire.
You've lost your best small forward and a decent workhorse midfielder for next year with only a pick 3 to replace them.
You clearly have cap issues and can't afford to top up with gun players like Houston.
Your best key forward goes missing in finals.
Your champion mid who carries the team on his shoulders is turning 30 and has A LOT of mileage on the body.
You are still lacking a quality second KPD.
Saad looks cooked.

Why?
:
Your youth is unexciting. Don't see any future A graders there. You rely heavily on a core of veterans at or near 30.
You've mortgaged everything on pick 3 this year. The father sons can't be expected to make meaningful impacts before the likes of Cripps retire.
You've lost your best small forward and a decent workhorse midfielder for next year with only a pick 3 to replace them.
You clearly have cap issues and can't afford to top up with gun players like Houston.
Your champion mid who carries the team on his shoulders is turning 30 and has A LOT of mileage on the body.
Saad looks cooked.
Great analysis.

Carlton will continue to be a team that 'contends' for a finals position, without genuinely contending for a premiership.

A long term injury to one of their top 6 players will have them consigned to bottom 6 territory.

Great analysis.

Carlton will continue to be a team that 'contends' for a finals position, without genuinely contending for a premiership.

A long term injury to one of their top 6 players will have them consigned to bottom 6 territory.
I should have added :
Lack of pace in the midfield is a killer these days.
And:
A coach whose game plan revolves around contested ball and clearances. Which is fair enough coz it suits the playing group he has. But don't think it's nuanced enough to contend these days and not sure Voss has the tactical acumen to do much else.

I should have added :
Lack of pace in the midfield is a killer these days.
And:
A coach whose game plan revolves around contested ball and clearances. Which is fair enough coz it suits the playing group he has. But don't think it's nuanced enough to contend these days and not sure Voss has the tactical acumen to do much else.
Voss has zero tactical acumen, he's a hard-ass twit, SO dumb

Club appears to be looking past Voss now, he had no input in trade week, smart money is on him exiting around June next year

Oh.

So the second premiership is an improvement on the first?

Do you get a bigger Cup?

Do you get a bigger spoon when you go back to back spoons?
I know it's an extremely hard concept for you to grasp, but winning consecutive grand finals is harder than winning 1. Maybe in 25 years you get to witness back to back premierships albeit a remote possibility , when pendles is 61 and resting in the forward pocket alongside Elliott, Cox and co. Heck, the AFL might even ensure that the defibs are located on the boundary fence for 2025 in case Collingwood think about suing for negligence by not having proper medical assistance for the elderly

Last edited:
They have been building and rebuilding for more than two decades, with more top 5 draft picks than you can poke a stick at, and have peaked as a team that wins 13 of 23 home and away games, and miles off contending for a premiership.

What a glorious generation of football we have witnessed, and there are no signs of it changing any time soon.
What are the signs for Collingwood? 9th , full of geriatrics, bugger all youth. Keep remaining positive coz hope is all you have

I know it's an extremely hard concept for you to grasp, but winning consecutive grand finals is harder than winning 1. Maybe in 25 years you get get to witness back to back premierships albeit a remote possibility , when pendles is 61 and resting in the forward pocket alongside Elliott, Cox and co. Heck, the AFL might even ensure that the defibs are located on the boundary fence for 2025 in case Collingwood think about suing for negligence by not having proper medical assistance for the elderly
Ohhhh! Worm4. I wanted to see how many posts they were going to have between themselves. Got to 5. Nothing like a conversation between yourselves to reinforce those belief's.

On SM-G980F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why?
:
Saad looks cooked.
Our core is all at or near 30?

Our best players in order

Cripps (29)
Curnow (27)
Weitering (27
Walsh (24)
McKay (27)
TDK (25)
Cerra (25)

Newman (31)
Saad (30)
Elijah Hollands (22)
George Hewett (28)

Wtf are you smoking lmao.

Great drafting wasn't it, best you study the 2024 draft though.
Collingwood brains trust on draft night
Tired Good Night GIF by MLB

I know it's an extremely hard concept for you to grasp, but winning consecutive grand finals is harder than winning 1. Maybe in 25 years you get get to witness back to back premierships albeit a remote possibility , when pendles is 61 and resting in the forward pocket alongside Elliott, Cox and co. Heck, the AFL might even ensure that the defibs are located on the boundary fence for 2025 in case Collingwood think about suing for negligence by not having proper medical assistance for the elderly
A Carlton supporter Carltonsplaining to me how hard it is to win a second premiership in the year immediately after a team wins a single premiership.

FMD.

Can you now please explain to me how hard it is to even contend for a premiership? Because it seems nigh on impossible for Carlton, whilst Collingwood seem to do it as often as they don't.

A Carlton supporter Carltonsplaining to me how hard it is to win a second premiership in the year immediately after a team wins a single premiership.

FMD.

Can you now please explain to me how hard it is to even contend for a premiership? Because it seems nigh on impossible for Carlton, whilst Collingwood seem to do it as often as they don't.
Fadge, cmon . I've been to more, seen more, and won more flags as a supporter than you . Don't get all defensive on winning back to back flags. It's OK- you have plenty of friends in the same position. Let it go

Meanwhile the Pies are looking awfully young and energetic!

NDaicos (21)
Moore (28)
Pendlebury (36)
Degoey (28)

JDaicos (25)
Mihocek (31)
Cameron (29)
Sidebottom (33)

Houston (27)
Hill (24)
Elliot (32)
Howe (34)
Crisp (31)
Mitchell (31)
Cox (33)
Hoskin Elliot (31)

Old Man Smile GIF by F*CK, THAT'S DELICIOUS'S DELICIOUS
How many of those tick over a birthday before 2025 commences ? We know Def Houston and Cox. Any others

Meanwhile the Pies are looking awfully young and energetic!

NDaicos (21)
Moore (28)
Pendlebury (36)
Degoey (28)

JDaicos (25)
Mihocek (31)
Cameron (29)
Sidebottom (33)

Houston (27)
Hill (24)
Elliot (32)
Howe (34)
Crisp (31)
Mitchell (31)
Cox (33)
Hoskin Elliot (31)

Old Man Smile GIF by F*CK, THAT'S DELICIOUS'S DELICIOUS
Moore, DeGoey, Sidebottom, Houston, Cox, pendlebury, mihocek, all tick over birthdays before season starts in 2025.
That's ugly reading

Our core is all at or near 30?

Our best players in order

Cripps (29)
Curnow (27)
Weitering (27
Walsh (24)
McKay (27)
TDK (25)
Cerra (25)

Newman (31)
Saad (30)
Elijah Hollands (22)
George Hewett (28)

Wtf are you smoking lmao.
Embarrassing post from you.
We are talking about next year right.
So next year;
Cripps 30
Curnow 28
Weitering 27
McKay 27
Newman 32
Hewett 29
Saad 31
Pittonet 29
McGovern 30
Acres 29

The only players considered core to your group who are under 27 are Cera, TDK and Walsh. In what dimension of space and time can Elijah Hollands be considered a core player?

So as I said.... Your core group in 2025 is at or nearing 30. Hope this assists your understanding of your teams age profile.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back