Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fadge, cmon . I've been to more, seen more, and won more flags as a supporter than you . Don't get all defensive on winning back to back flags. It's OK- you have plenty of friends in the same position. Let it go
That's awesome for you.

But we now have a situation where the majority of Australia's population haven't even seen Carlton contend for a premiership, let alone win one.

What about the children?

Meanwhile, Collingwood just keep on keeping on.

That's awesome for you.

But we now have a situation where the majority of Australia's population haven't even seen Carlton contend for a premiership, let alone win one.

What about the children?

Are you suggesting that the majority of Australia's population is under 35 years of age ?

Embarrassing post from you.
We are talking about next year right.
So next year;
Cripps 30
Curnow 28
Weitering 27
McKay 27
Newman 32
Hewett 29
Saad 31
Pittonet 29
McGovern 30
Acres 29

The only players considered core to your group who are under 27 are Cera, TDK and Walsh. In what dimension of space and time can Elijah Hollands be considered a core player?

So as I said.... Your core group in 2025 is at or nearing 30. Hope this assists your understanding of your teams age profile.
Indeed.

And to date they have achieved diddly squat, and have never looked likely.

200.gif

"Who's gunna play deep pocket - I reckon you jamie.

Big cox , you play the lead up forward, and brodie, you stay in the square"

Are you suggesting that the majority of Australia's population is under 35 years of age ?
I think he was mate, do you want to tell him or i will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did Carlton pick Judd with pick 3 ?

I’m talking about Carlton’s pick 3 history.

“And with pick 3. Carlton select Paddy Dow!”
You are all hoping pick 3 will be a bust and none of you even know who it's going to be, we're going to enjoy reminding you blokes for the next 15 years.

Did Carlton pick Judd with pick 3 ?

I’m talking about Carlton’s pick 3 history.

“And with pick 3. Carlton select Paddy Dow!”
Do you think history is on a repetitive cycle or something ? I read a few posts today - pies are going to get diamonds in the rough, and Carlton will select duds.
Good luck with that.

Do you think history is on a repetitive cycle or something ? I read a few posts today - pies are going to get diamonds in the rough, and Carlton will select duds.
Good luck with that.
It's been happening for 25 years and counting, why would it change?

But it's not even really about that.

Carlton have their salary cap bursting at the seams, and they are still yet to contend for a premiership.

So you are in no position to quickly improve your list (you have actually gone backwards this off season), and to simply don't have the list profile and balance to contend for a premiership.

Oh well, let's hope the next rebuild produces a better result...

Even better, it's actually the world population, and it's under 30!

Oh my....
Yeah we went through this already. Nobody under the age of 33 would remember seeing a Carlton flag. So easily more than half the people on the planet have never been alive or old enough to see Carlton win a flag. 5 billion plus.
Oh my.

It's been happening for 25 years and counting, why would it change?

But it's not even really about that.

Carlton have their salary cap bursting at the seams, and they are still yet to contend for a premiership.

So you are in no position to quickly improve your list (you have actually gone backwards this off season), and to simply don't have the list profile and balance to contend for a premiership.

Oh well, let's hope the next rebuild produces a better result...
How does one go backwards without a ball being kicked ?
Stop crystal balling - you have proven to be no good at it , particularly with your ladder predictions with Carlton.

Yeah we went through this already. Nobody under the age of 33 would remember seeing a Carlton flag. So easily more than half the people on the planet have never been alive or old enough to see Carlton win a flag. 5 billion plus.
Oh my.
You are talking about people born in 1985/86 . They would have been 10 years old.
FMD

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back