Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strong team.

Can you now please do it from the Carlton teams that have contended for a premiership over the same timeframe?

I don't expect there will be too many changes?
He may as well put in our 60's, 70's, and 90's players as your 2023 premiership is just the same, in the past.

Imagine being so desperate that you continue to reference a season where you lost both games to Collingwood, got belted in your Elimination Final (after being 0 - 60 at one stage), but fell into the top 8 courtesy of double up games against two teams that won a combined total of five games, as a season for the ages?!?
Imagine if you were desperate enough to post the same post 200 times.

He may as well put in our 60's, 70's, and 90's players as your 2023 premiership is just the same, in the past.
How are those players relevant to a team of the 21st Century?

I'm confused.

Maybe you could make a 'Best Team of Premiership players under 80 years old' - you should just be able to scrape a team together using that criteria.

How are those players relevant to a team of the 21st Century?

I'm confused.

Maybe you could make a 'Best Team of Premiership players under 80 years old' - you should just be able to scrape a team together using that criteria.
I think i stated that they were in the past just like 2023, Pies are not reigning premiers anymore not even reigning finalists.

Can't argue with that even though Blues were the better team in the 2nd game.
Isn't it astounding that someone can think that Carlton were the better team in a game that they lost, but can't grasp the concept the a team that finished below them on the ladder by percentage only could have been a better team when you consider something as simple double up games against the competition's easy beats?

Imagine being so desperate that you continue to reference a season where you lost both games to Collingwood, got belted in your Elimination Final (after being 0 - 60 at one stage), but fell into the top 8 courtesy of double up games against two teams that won a combined total of five games, as a season for the ages?!?
Please remind everyone where collingwood finished up this year. Bonus points for letting everyone know what your prediction was for Collingwood pre round zero.... ( hint - your selections were miles apart)

when you consider something as simple double up games against the competition's easy beats?
giphy.gif

Please remind everyone where collingwood finished up this year. Bonus points for letting everyone know what your prediction was for Collingwood pre round zero.... ( hint - your selections were miles apart)
Yep, we had a sub par year and finished the season in 9th place.

I'm not the one banging on about how amazing my team was in 2024 based on the fact they are a middle of the road team, who were again a mile off the genuine premiership contenders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not the one banging on about how amazing my team was in 2024 based on the fact they are a middle of the road team, who were again a mile off the genuine premiership contenders.
Who said Carlton had an amazing season?

You predicted collingwood to be a grand finalist in 2024. A dynasty I believe was spoken amongst a few of you. They spent 3 weeks of the entire season in the top 8. I'm putting it down to an aging list and long may it continue

Last edited:
It'll be a long time before they're within cooee of us again, they have to make the most of this moment even though it's intensely embarrassing for them 😆
The thing is, it really isn't embarrassing for them.

For you and I, if we were carrying on in the sane way they are under the same situation, we'd last 5 minutes before we'd succumb and move on.

But for them, you've got to remember this has been one of their better seasons in the last two decades, and has been trumped by a rare finish on the ladder ahead of Collingwood (albeit undeserved).

So I understand fully where they are coming from.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back