Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Indeed I think Carlton won't be able to compete with any army (except Richmond's)

Injury-prone list now with zero depth, gonna get ugly

Bottom 4
So cobbers bottom 4
Fadge bottom 6
SoTY - says anywhere between 3rd-18th won't put his little knackers on the line
Anyone else lining up for a bold prediction ?

Indeed I think Carlton won't be able to compete with any army (except Richmond's)

Injury-prone list now with zero depth, gonna get ugly

Bottom 4
You don't think they'll bring in some depth players?

In the top 16th percentile of Carlton's past dozen seasons.

Quite a remarkable season for a team of Carlton's capability.
Yeah but which Carlton supporter said we had an amazing season?

Yeah but which Carlton supporter said we had an amazing season?
None lately, but plenty at the midpoint when you were second on the ladder and second favourites for the premiership, and you were all abusing me because I refused to label Carlton a premiership contender.

Funny that....

Nonetheless, to have your second best season from your past dozen years is something that should really be celebrated.

None lately, but plenty at the midpoint when you were second on the ladder and second favourites for the premiership, and you were all abusing me because I refused to label Carlton a premiership contender.

Funny that....

Nonetheless, to have your second best season from your past dozen years is something that should really be celebrated.
I'm only celebrating finishing higher than Collingwood, only a premiership would give me more satisfaction

Funny that....

So.....you said that posters said Carlton had an amazing season, but then said no one actually said it.
And you wonder why no one takes you seriously apart from your soggy biscuit buddies

Maybe the guy who regularly posts the ladder with a fair bit of pride 😆
Nah he never said it and get used to seeing the ladder, i have up until round 1 next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey South of the Yarra - I reckon every time these fools post the 2024 ladder, you should post your Carlton Premiership Team Of The Century...
Not often you mention 2024, lets see how many Pies players played finals in the most recent season, oh look i don't need any fingers.

Not often you mention 2024, lets see how many Pies players played finals in the most recent season, oh look i don't need any fingers.

The sad part is Carlton’s biggest boast is about a losing final. My god what has this club become.

The sad part is Carlton’s biggest boast is about a losing final. My god what has this club become.
Surely every time they post or reference the 2024 ladder, they're reminded of the hope and expectation they all had mid season, the fall from grace over the final two months of the home and away season to fall into the finals by the skin of their teeth courtesy of another team stumbling at the final hurdle, combined with their soft as butter draw, and finally their humiliating display in the Elimination Final?

I'm not sure I'd want to constantly remind myself of such mediocrity, but they are a very different breed....

But I guess despite all that, it reminds them of a rare occasion they finished ahead of Collingwood, so despite all of the above, it is all worthwhile and an absolute highlight of their 21st Century.

I mean, for those many supporters who have never seen Carlton even contend for a premiership, let alone win one, finishing higher on the ladder than Collingwood in a given season could just be one of the top 10 highlights of their footballing lives.

See here we go again with you blokes making things up, of course we are better, the ladder says so and that's in the current season that has just finished, they say the truth hurts and it's done some damage in here it seems.

Just a reminder the Pies best 23 in 2025 will be rolling around with an average age of...

29.52!!!

Old Man Smile GIF by F*CK, THAT'S DELICIOUS

#cookedpies

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back