Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

All the good clubs - 'Anyone, any time, anywhere'.

Carlton - 'We want out of Opening Round because we want to maximise our pre-season, and ensure we get off to a soft start against Richmond'.
Your entire supporter base wanted to get rid of opening round . All of a sudden, it's anywhere anytime ( of course unless it's September in 2024)

I don't think a week makes a difference and certainly does not explain performance across the season given the Lions just won a flag.
Lions went 2-5 in March/April

Then they went 16-3 - Collingwood, GWS and Hawks the only teams to beat them once they built into the season.

Brisbane were gunning for a flag, unlike Carlton, they didnt give a fats rats clacker about winning opening round.

Lions went 2-5 in March/April

Then they went 16-3 - Collingwood, GWS and Hawks the only teams to beat them once they built into the season.

Brisbane were gunning for a flag, unlike Carlton, they didnt give a fats rats clacker about winning opening round.
Yes I bet they went out there to lose - especially after getting 46 points ahead

Pies going all in bringing in Houston & Perryman to improve their list.

Carlton have shed quite a number of fringe depth players to bring in younger talent with 2 decent picks.

Reckon Pies finish ahead of Blues next season & assume they should have an easier draw.

At the point that you had 12, 14 and your F1 and F2? Everything you did from that point was to get pick 3 wasn't it?
Feel free to provide info, make suggestions rather than just critique and ask more questions.
Probably already answered but they had 12, f1, f2; swapped f1, f2 for our 14

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pies going all in bringing in Houston & Perryman to improve their list.

Carlton have shed quite a number of fringe depth players to bring in younger talent with 2 decent picks.

Reckon Pies finish ahead of Blues next season & assume they should have an easier draw.
You got a point there., we usually play Carlton twice and thats always 2 wins for us.

Which means Carlton have to play in a Grand Final to break even on that deal.

I suspect you're pretty happy with that arrangement as a Hawks supporter?
As I have posted before, I am really really hoping you are right and Carlton are bottom 4

Yes I bet they went out there to lose - especially after getting 46 points ahead
No teams ever go out to lose. But plenty of teams have differing desire levels at different points in the season.

It was pretty evident that Brisbane started the season not firing on all cylinders, going 2-5 in March / April.

Brisbane set their season up to peak in September, they didnt compromise the end goal to get a W in Opening Round.

No teams ever go out to lose. But plenty of teams have differing desire levels at different points in the season.

It was pretty evident that Brisbane started the season not firing on all cylinders, going 2-5 in March / April.

Brisbane set their season up to peak in September, they didnt compromise the end goal to get a W in Opening Round.
I wonder if you were thinking that when they were 46 points up in the 2nd. Their "desire" looked pretty high to me

Are being intentially obtuse?

Do you honestly Brisbane were performing anywhere near as well at the start of the season as they were at the end of the season?
Are you putting words in people's mouths again?

Not sure what the level they were playing at has to do with their want/desire to win the game. No team is playing their best the first few weeks of the season - this isn't relevant.

And just remind me how did you go in week 1 of finals?
will admit I got a little confused by that statement as the poster you replied to had a hawthorn player as their av (of course looking closer I see they aren't a hawk supporter)

Getting Brisbane in opening round when they hadnt woken up yet, another gift given to Carlton.
I've always maintained that the GF replay should be in round 1, yet Carlton got drawn to play against a side , interstate , who hadn't lost at home the entire season prior. The game day thread for that particular match was entertaining throughout the first half with many of your pie mates having a laugh at our expense and brisbane in cruise control. Then they all shut up after half time. Yep, was the gift that kept on giving.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back