Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who will be better in 2025

• Carlton

• Collingwood

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Making a prelim and then get handed pick 16 not enough for you, hen explain to us why another team wasn't handed pick 16.
Your claim was "That makes Carlton the 3rd best team when it counted in 2023"

It is clear to everyone that GWS were the 3rd best performed team in the 2023 finals.

But you moronically want to use draft order, which uses H&A position, as your evidence that Carlton were 3rd best performed team "when it matters".

So it aint "written in history" as you claim.

What is written in history is in 2023, Carltom finished 5th, their best position of the 21st century!! A great achievement for the Baggers.

Your claim was "That makes Carlton the 3rd best team when it counted in 2023"

It is clear to everyone that GWS were the 3rd best performed team in the 2023 finals.

But you moronically want to use draft order, which uses H&A position, as your evidence that Carlton were 3rd best performed team "when it matters".

So it aint "written in history" as you claim.

What is written in history is in 2023, Carltom finished 5th, their best position of the 21st century!! A great achievement for the Baggers.
GWS were better but the AFL gave us pick 16 lol you talk in knots mate, just like us getting 12 this year and Pies 13 because we had a better year.

What were your double up’s again? 60-0 😂. Celebrate it what a season!
Another sook, if Pies could've beaten the Bombers like Carlton did they would've finished higher but they didn't, enjoy Mexico mate you'll be there until round 1 next season.

The AFL changes methodology of draft order.

1. It is not a new ladder
2. It doesn't reflect who was best performed in September.

Carlton's draft order position was after GWS because the current draft order methodology considers the actual H&A ladder - the higher ranked H&A team gets the later draft pick. Carlton were 5th and GWS were 7th.

Surely that aint the "evidence" that Bert is running with when claiming Carlton were the 3rd best team when it mattered in 2023.

🤣🤣
If the draft order was done going off the ladder from the final home and away games, then I wouldn't have an issue with what you said . But it's not - the order is done after the finals are completed.

GWS were better but the AFL gave us pick 16 lol you talk in knots mate, just like us getting 12 this year and Pies 13 because we had a better year.
I cant help you if you dont understand draft methodology and continue to stupidly use draft order to determine who is better when it mattered.

Draft methodology uses H&A ladder. Carlton finished 5th on H&A ladder, GWS 7th. That is why Carlton received a later pick.

GWS were better when it mattered, they performed better during the finals series, but nobody cares who the 3rd best team of the finals was.

No wonder Carlton fans battle with Fadge's probability, they dont understand basic concepts like the ladder.

I cant help you if you dont understand draft methodology and continue to stupidly use draft order to determine who is better when it mattered.

Draft methodology uses H&A ladder. Carlton finished 5th on H&A ladder, GWS 7th. That is why Carlton received a later pick.

GWS were better when it mattered, they performed better during the finals series, but nobody cares who the 3rd best team of the finals was.

No wonder Carlton fans battle with Fadge's probability, they dont understand basic concepts like the ladder.
So if we finished 5th and GWS 7th and both made and lost in a prelim we are better and received pick 16, easy isn't it?

Another sook, if Pies could've beaten the Bombers like Carlton did they would've finished higher but they didn't, enjoy Mexico mate you'll be there until round 1 next season.
Why always the Bombers? They were a decent enough side. 11th on the ladder for what it's worth. Didn't Carlton drop a game to a travelling winless Adelaide who went on to finish 15th, 2.5 wins below 14th?

Why always the Bombers? They were a decent enough side. 11th on the ladder for what it's worth. Didn't Carlton drop a game to a travelling winless Adelaide who went on to finish 15th, 2.5 wins below 14th?
They are obsessed with the Bombers, being the only Vic side they can punch down on in modern times

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So brave, once the team got it right, scoring 71 to 39 against the eventual premiers, with a team held together with strapping tape

Proud moment in the anals of Carlton's modern history 👍
If only the final went for another 6 quarters, Carlton may have caught them.

Or more likely, Brisbane would have returned to the ground and maintained a comfortable margin...

They are obsessed with the Bombers, being the only Vic side they can punch down on in modern times
They love to punch down on St Kilda too. Just don't remind them that the Saints have been a significantly prouder and higher achieving club over the course of the century

I've got a soft spot for the Pies as my old man goes for them and i've been personal fans of a lot of Collingwood players over the time. Paul Medhurst was a Claremont legend and I loved his time at the Pies. Pendles is a great of the game, Daicos is currently my favourite player outside of Carlton. All this to say, I have no ill will towards Collingwood like I do Richmond or Essendon (which is unusual for a Blues fan I know).

That being said, I'm really fearful for the Pies in 2025. I worry that their age has caught up to them. Daicos can't carry that midfield alone. Darcy Moore is more focused on spending his time in Naarm alleyways looking for replacement single beds and the Pies still don't have a forward line. Honestly, and this is with love and respect, Pies could be a big slider in 2025.

I've got a soft spot for the Pies as my old man goes for them and i've been personal fans of a lot of Collingwood players over the time. Paul Medhurst was a Claremont legend and I loved his time at the Pies. Pendles is a great of the game, Daicos is currently my favourite player outside of Carlton. All this to say, I have no ill will towards Collingwood like I do Richmond or Essendon (which is unusual for a Blues fan I know).

That being said, I'm really fearful for the Pies in 2025. I worry that their age has caught up to them. Daicos can't carry that midfield alone. Darcy Moore is more focused on spending his time in Naarm alleyways looking for replacement single beds and the Pies still don't have a forward line. Honestly, and this is with love and respect, Pies could be a big slider in 2025.
No need to be fearful. The Magpies' forward line is far from a concern, and is statistically one of the most efficient in the league. It is the same forward group that saluted once before and now has Schultz and Membrey less Ginnivan.

Daicos won't have to carry the midfield as much with any run of luck with De Goey's and Mitchell's fitness. Perryman and Houston will likely roll through also.

The back line will need to regroup and find their mojo again if the Pies are to compete in 2025.

At least you've been brave enough to made a prediction and share your rationale, unlike your flog mates.

Out of interest, when is the last time the Pies 'had a forward line'?

So if we finished 5th and GWS 7th and both made and lost in a prelim we are better and received pick 16, easy isn't it?
H&A position has nothing to do with who was better when it matters.

It really shouldn't be a hard concept to follow.

So your written in history that Carlton were the 3rd best team when it counted was based on reverse draft order ranking

🤣🤣🤣

That makes Carlton the 3rd best team when it counted in 2023 going by what you just posted and Carlton were better than Collingwood in 2024 by about 7%.

It's written in history and you can't change history so just suck it up.

So brave, once the team got it right, scoring 71 to 39 against the eventual premiers, with a team held together with strapping tape

Proud moment in the anals of Carlton's modern history 👍
Not really mate just telling the truth.
Beat Geelong by 10 goals and that was probably the difference that let us win the 2024 thread.

If only the final went for another 6 quarters, Carlton may have caught them.

Or more likely, Brisbane would have returned to the ground and maintained a comfortable margin...
More bullshit, we would've caught them in one more quarter.

No need to be fearful. The Magpies' forward line is far from a concern, and is statistically one of the most efficient in the league. It is the same forward group that saluted once before and now has Schultz and Membrey less Ginnivan.

Daicos won't have to carry the midfield as much with any run of luck with De Goey's and Mitchell's fitness. Perryman and Houston will likely roll through also.

The back line will need to regroup and find their mojo again if the Pies are to compete in 2025.

Wasn't Membrey just delisted from St Kilda?

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Carlton is better in 2024. Who will be better in 2025? Carlton or Collingwood? Part 3

Back