Carlton or Fremantle - Who finishes 8th?

Remove this Banner Ad

All comes down to Freo v North. Freo lose, we will take 8th. Freo win, Freo finishes 8th. If North get over Freo the Carlton players will pummel Gold Coast and the Saints will be treating it like the dead rubber it is.

I doubt either team will win their elimination final though.

I don't think that its probable that Carlton will beat the Saints. Carlton is actually not that good, whereas St Kilda will be the best side to finish in the bottom 8.
Fremantle beat Roos they are in,Carlton will win next 2 games champ,i wish your team good luck.

Sadly I think it'll be Carlton who'll squeeze into the 8. Can't see Freo beating North next week and Carlton should finish the season with two wins and a higher percentage.

I'm putting my money on Carlton because those two games are very winnable for them and Freo will need to pull off a miracle to beat North at Etihad but Melbourne should be a good % boost for them.
Though as we have seen today upsets can happen and any team can win if they want it enough.

The deciding factor will ultimately be, will Freo beat Melbourne by more than Carlton beat GCS - that should decide it. Of course Carlton have to actually beat the Saints which is far from given

if pa beat wc thw weagles arent safe either with games v coll and haw.although i keep hearing that north are a sure thing im just not convinced

I wouldn't discount Freo beating us, I wouldn't put money on it but in a two horse race if one comes out firing and the other doesn't match the intensity then things can go to shit pretty quickly.

The deciding factor will ultimately be, will Freo beat Melbourne by more than Carlton beat GCS - that should decide it. Of course Carlton have to actually beat the Saints which is far from given

Tend to agree, I don't think Carlton beating St Kilda is a given, but even assume they do and it still comes down to a straight out % fight. Realistically both Carlton and Freo are capable of beating GCS and Melb by huge margins, so that's where it lies. Carlton get first serve next week, need to come home with a 100pt win to put the pressure back on Freo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering we beat you at home earlier this year in the middle of our form slump what does that say about Freo?

Win a flag, just one, or perhaps even make a prelim then shoot your mouth off....

Fremantle lost a Prelim to Sydney in 2006.

GWS will play Saints into form and they will go onto beat Carlton. Saints are about to enter into a serious team review / rebuilding phase and there will be blokes playing for their futures.

Wishful thinking. Saints will send some players off for surgery and then play a number of younger players to assess where they are at, in relation to trading, keeping and delisting. This is not the game where injured players will play as we need it to get into the final eight, it is a time for the club to work on its future list.

If I was Carlton I would be very confident and if I was Fremantle, what delicious payback for Ro$$ Lyin.

What a farce the AFL FIXture is if it comes down to the last round and a % battle where Carlton have the advantage of playing after Fremantle's game is finished. Any league that valued its integrity would have those games played simulataneously.

What a farce the AFL FIXture is if it comes down to the last round and a % battle where Carlton have the advantage of playing after Fremantle's game is finished. Any league that valued its integrity would have those games played simulataneously.

Integrity? I am not sure they know what the word means. They think it has something to do with pandering to the wishes of sleazy bookmakers.

Wishful thinking. Saints will send some players off for surgery and then play a number of younger players to assess where they are at, in relation to trading, keeping and delisting. This is not the game where injured players will play as we need it to get into the final eight, it is a time for the club to work on its future list.

If I was Carlton I would be very confident and if I was Fremantle, what delicious payback for Ro$$ Lyin.

You spelt Ro$$ Lyin wrong it's Ross Lyon.

wishful thinking, but anyone reckon Saints might wrap the cotton wool around a few of their guns come round 23? could be the perfect way to get one back at Rossy Lyon-who might i add, was my neighbour for a few years and is a lovely guy

Didn't they finalise the last round a couple of weeks ago? They put teams they think are going to miss the finals on the Sunday to give those that will make it more time to recover for the finals. Carlton were a long shot when they finalised this but their percentage booster yesterday has them back in the frame.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton or Fremantle - Who finishes 8th?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back