Remove this Banner Ad

Old Skool

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
10k Posts North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor
Nov 20, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
A SHATTERED Chris Judd will argue that he was only trying to prevent a handball and, having had three shoulder reconstructions himself, meant no malice towards Leigh Adams as he faces a possible suspension over a ''chicken wing'' tackle.

The Carlton captain finds himself on report for a misconduct charge after what those close to him told The Sunday Age was a simple ''brain fade'' 10 minutes into the second term against North Melbourne on Friday night.

After teammate Andrew Carrazzo had tackled Adams, Judd then pulled at Adams' right arm, lifting and twisting it, which left the Kangaroo midfielder in pain. He left the field with what appeared to be a dislocated shoulder.

Adams, who has a history of shoulder problems, returned 12 minutes later but had more problems with it in the final term. He had scans yesterday and is in doubt for next week's clash against Richmond.

North Melbourne's medical report is unlikely to be favourable to Judd, indicating the shoulder joint popped out and then popped back in.

It is believed Judd apologised to Adams after the match and insisted he meant no offence. Adams, who has said the impact ''wasn't the greatest feeling going around'', accepted the apology.

Adams has said he believes Judd did not mean to hurt him and hopes he escapes punishment.

Judd is said to be ready to ''cop his whack'' if he is suspended, but it remains to be seen under just which categories of impact and penalty the tackle will fall.

The incident, which overshadowed Judd's brilliant 36-possession, three-goal effort, will be assessed by the match review panel tomorrow and could be directed straight to the tribunal - although that does not necessarily guarantee a suspension.

"The incident, which overshadowed Judd's brilliant 36-possession, three-goal effort"

how bout our 53 point win?????? the age is just as bad as the flogs on ch7

Given the relentless pushing of the "duty of care" line by the AFL as regards sliding and sling tackles, I don't see how Judd can skate on this one.

If he yanked on my rebuilt right shoulder I'd stand up and beat his head out his arse with my left. I cringed watching Judd perform that unsolicited medical procedure on Friday night.

I just can't understand what was going through his head when he did it. In the spur of the moment. Judd has done some woeful things out on the footy field.

There is no getting out of this one. I don't believe he saw an opportunity to hurt Leigh Adams because of Patch's history of shoulder injuries. It wouldn't of mattered who the North player was, Judd would of done it anyway. Judd's a great player and hard at it. They say he's intelligent too. He pulled that arm back to the point of no return as Carazzo laid on Patch's back.

One of the strangest things I've seen on a footy field.

Judd has set a dangerous precedent for himself here. He is saying he was trying to prevent a handball. OK. Next time we play against you, Judd, expect someone to yank at your ****ing shoulder, not until it pops out of the joint, oh no no... until your arm comes clean off. All in the name of 'preventing a handball' of course... 'no malice intended'.

****ing prick.

Judd has set a dangerous precedent for himself here. He is saying he was trying to prevent a handball. OK. Next time we play against you, Judd, expect someone to yank at your ******* shoulder, not until it pops out of the joint, oh no no... until your arm comes clean off. All in the name of 'preventing a handball' of course... 'no malice intended'.

******* prick.

He's ****ed this time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he yanked on my rebuilt right shoulder I'd stand up and beat his head out his arse with my left. I cringed watching Judd perform that unsolicited medical procedure on Friday night.

Adam's might of thrown an elbow back with his other arm in Judd's direction if Carazzo wasn't mounting him

I just can't understand what was going through his head when he did it. In the spur of the moment. Judd has done some woeful things out on the footy field.

There is no getting out of this one. I don't believe he saw an opportunity to hurt Leigh Adams because of Patch's history of shoulder injuries. It wouldn't of mattered who the North player was, Judd would of done it anyway. Judd's a great player and hard at it. They say he's intelligent too. He pulled that arm back to the point of no return as Carazzo laid on Patch's back.

One of the strangest things I've seen on a footy field.
It's quite simple. He's not the poster boy some would have you believe. Isn't this the same bloke who got done (or should've) for eye gouging?

It's quite simple. He's not the poster boy some would have you believe. Isn't this the same bloke who got done (or should've) for eye gouging?

Amongst other things. It doesn't quite kick in until he does it to one of your own.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton skipper 'meant no malice'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back