VFL 2024 - Reserves Game Day discussion Rnds 2 - 21 (Merged threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

At what point does Lord surpass Carroll as next mid up?
They're both playing well, Carroll is more versatile so gets more looks from the selectors at present.
Mirkov has been pretty bloody good this last quarter. Seriously good.
Seems the opportunity to be a 4th year rookie has given him a spark.

Lemmey who's a tall forward, gets "out positioned" by his opponents too much for my liking.

Doesn't seem to have much presence.

Might be old school - and a bit obvious - but I'd be saying for the rest of the year just get front position. I don't care if you mark it or not but you have to claim that space.

Mirkov had 45 hit outs and 9 clearances. 13 disposals and 2 tackles. Are we sure he’s not ready. I’d love to have a ruckman that the other team are forced to steal taps off.
He's improved that's for sure, the writing is still on the wall though.

If we traded Pittonet could he play as a backup to TDK? I dunno..

Mirkov had 45 hit outs and 9 clearances. 13 disposals and 2 tackles. Are we sure he’s not ready. I’d love to have a ruckman that the other team are forced to steal taps off.

He’s better. But not I don’t think he’s ready. Do we persevere for another year.

I thought that was easily Akuei’s best game. Looked like an AFL defender. But, again, is it too late? Maybe not if Marchy retires…

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lord is a beauty. Jai Newcombe type but quicker than people think
Billy Wilson will play next year. Run and class
Best all round game from Moir. Starting to build
Mirkov best game I have seen since his first game. Will we hold onto him?
Durdin bits and pieces
Binns was Binns. Finds it and is clean but his "Vision" needs a lot of work
Lemmey is a concern. No presence or strength

A few Green shoots to give us hope

Mirkov and Akuei both deserve e another year imho. Plenty of guys that have had their go can move on.

We do need to pick up McMahon in the draft coming up before someone else takes him. He would be perfect to replace JSOS while he’s getting his legs back under him in VFL next year. TDK 1st ruck and McMahon pinch hitting is handy also.

Just hope he's more Witts and less Warnock.
He's improved that's for sure, the writing is still on the wall though.

If we traded Pittonet could he play as a backup to TDK? I dunno..
We should probably trade Pittonet anyway as O'Keeffe is good to go when fit. Can even play KPF when we're down one.

At this stage, Mirkov is still #3 in that scenario, but if we consider the flexibility of TDK & O'Keeffe that works for our list.

Needs to look how Cox takes 5-6 marks a game. If he can’t learn to mark at least learn to spoil. Just doesn’t do enough around the ground.

I am a big fan of his ruckwork

Mirkov and Akuei both deserve e another year imho. Plenty of guys that have had their go can move on.

We do need to pick up McMahon in the draft coming up before someone else takes him. He would be perfect to replace JSOS while he’s getting his legs back under him in VFL next year. TDK 1st ruck and McMahon pinch hitting is handy also.
We can't keep re-listing them though if the MC has no interest in playing them. Better off helping them finding a club where they have a shot at getting a game.

Lord is a beauty. Jai Newcombe type but quicker than people think
Billy Wilson will play next year. Run and class
Best all round game from Moir. Starting to build
Mirkov best game I have seen since his first game. Will we hold onto him?
Durdin bits and pieces
Binns was Binns. Finds it and is clean but his "Vision" needs a lot of work
Lemmey is a concern. No presence or strength

A few Green shoots to give us hope

Is Lord another Fogarty type but with more ability to play through the mid-field.

Could he also spend time as a small pressure forward - in other words is he potentially a better version of Fog ??

Remove this Banner Ad

VFL 2024 - Reserves Game Day discussion Rnds 2 - 21 (Merged threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back