Carltons Midfield

Remove this Banner Ad

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

wasnt that the last game you guys won? 11 straight losses since? including one to the Power....

But hey, if you think 15th is better then 2nd congrats :thumbsu:

We also kicked 22, 24 and 25 in 3 successive weeks....

That was the last time our midfield won a game. I think you're failing to grasp the concept of Carlton's midfield winning = awesome forward line

Agree they wont contend next year. But in 2 years and for about a decade they will be hard to knock off. Have assembled an awesome list. And are also rich, powerful and arrogant again. The Blues faithful must be loving life at present.

Not so sure about the arrogant thing mate. I think most of us have had our arrogance diminished somewhat over the previous 6 years. And as far as loving life at the present, lets get off the bottom first! :) Good post though, we are definitely on the up! :thumbsu:

I'll admit that there's no Cousins or Kerr or Cox in there, but at least they got Fev to kick it too

Eagles only had Lynch and they got a flag didn't they

I would like to see us line up like this

Backline

Scotland Thorton Walker
Grigg O'hAlipin Bower

About a 6/10. Heaps of run but a J.Brown could make a mess of it.

Forward line

Gibbs Fevola Betts
Houlihan Waite Fisher

About a 7/10. Got 3 blokes who can take a big grab the rest are ok players and are creative

If we can get Carrazzo, Simpson, Murph, Stevens and Judd in the midfield that'll be very strong

all well and good to have a midfield, but Carlton really need to invest in a decent backline.

They had an awesome back 6 in 1995.

Sexton - Silvagni - Christou
McKay - Dean - Manton or Hogg

Impregnable!!

To borrow the motto that goes around the NFL - "Defence wins Championships"

Agree 100%

our backline will be good but it will take time.
Thornton: Probably will not be FB, but can take 3rd best forward and provide some dash out of defense

Right age to really show something now after a poor 2007

Jamison: Most likely to take FB position, played less than 10games

Anderson: Can nail those small forwards, have really lacked a small defender in the last 5 seasons.

2007 was his first season

Bower: Along with Scotland Bower will be running of HB providing run however, playing more on his man that Scotland does. Needs more game time

Given little opportunity under Pagan, did some fantastic work when Ratten took over

O'Hailpin: Either played at FB or CHB, with Jamison looking likely to take FB would like to see Setanta at CHB and able to run with those power CHF's and match them athletically.

Less than 3 years AFL exp, should come along nicely next season given a consistent position
Scotland: Sets up a lot of our plays severely underrated by opposition supporters

Kreuzer to Judd to Stevens to Murphy to Fevola, Free kick against Fevola, the ball rebounded, Goal to the other team

Judd:"dam backline!"

The chelsea of the AFL. Except rather than paying for all their players (which they did anyway), they bought them with their losing ways. :thumbsu:

No doubt Carlton should be up there in 3 years time. With the talent they have, they will certainly dominate the midfield.

You still need a ruckman, seeing as good old pick 1 is coming over west. :D

their Carlton supprters :)

Cats, Power, Hawks, Magpies are sitting on the best fwd lines this year.

Lions and Freo next year as well....

Also Scotland could be added to the OP list.
Rocca?

Over the hill and injury prone.

Rusling?

Who?

Didak?

Yep.

Reid?

An average kick.

Cloke?

Gun talent, but needs to improve his kicking like Rusling and Reid.

Davis?

Did nothing in the finals.

Thomas?

Too outside and needs to go harder at the ball.

I count two players who will threaten most backlines in the next year or two.

The Cats' backmen wil be quaking in their boots at the thought of stopping that forwardline next year.

Fev, Fisher, Waite, Betts, Houlihan and maybe Kennedy has as much potential as the Pies forwardline.

Edwards, Gibbs, Austin and Hartlett are four other players who could play forward for Carlton next year.

8/10 is a bit generous...Fev is the only A-grader, Fisher is handy, Betts is worse than Leon Davis, Whitnall and Houlihan's best is well and truly past them

Houlihan well and truly past his best? :confused:

I agree with Whitnall though - hopefully he won't be on the list much longer. Kennedy was the touted replacement, but with him all but gone, it looks like we'll have no choice but to play Lance. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow. Let's hope they form an impenetrable barrier across the midfeild to keep the ball away from the backline.
Still have options in defence coming through. It's not as though we have neglected it. Austin and Jamison are looking good for the future, Bower will be a solid running half back, Setanta can play fullback if necessary. Thornton is a decent third defender. It's not all doom and gloom if you watch Carlton games. Our midfield has been the big problem as the ball comes in too easily.

And getting all those #1 picks in a row? Shabby is the only word for it, really.
Yeah, you're right. We should refuse the picks. Tell the AFL we don't want or need them.

Bahahha. 8/10. What a joke.

And comparing Betts to Davis is ridiculous, Davis is far, far more damaging than Betts.

Carlton's forward line is way behind the likes of Hawthorn, Collingwood, Port, Geelong.

Rocca?

Over the hill and injury prone.

Rusling?

Who?

Didak?

Yep.

Reid?

An average kick.

Cloke?

Gun talent, but needs to improve his kicking like Rusling and Reid.

Davis?

Did nothing in the finals.

Thomas?

Too outside and needs to go harder at the ball.

I count two players who will threaten most backlines in the next year or two.

The Cats' backmen wil be quaking in their boots at the thought of stopping that forwardline next year.

Fev, Fisher, Waite, Betts, Houlihan and maybe Kennedy has as much potential as the Pies forwardline.

Edwards, Gibbs, Austin and Hartlett are four other players who could play forward for Carlton next year.

This is too funny. You say "who" to Rusling, but name Edwards, Austin and Hartlett. Who the **** are they? Seriously? Everyone knows who Rusling is, he has actually done something at AFL level, despite only playing a handful of games.

F: Davis Rocca Rusling
HF: Thomas Cloke Didak

Give me that forward line ANY day of the week. Oh... we already have it.

Hmm can't say I disagree with you mate. I don't think Carlton has a good ability at all to develop youngesters; its more tank and get about 8 top 5 draft picks in the space of a few years that might get them somewhere in the future.

Are you forgetting how Collingwood got Pendles and Thomas to the club????

Collingwood tanked big time in 2005.....

Are you forgetting how Collingwood got Pendles and Thomas to the club????

Collingwood tanked big time in 2005.....

No, we had an off year. We didn't purposely lose if that is what you are implying. And you just mentioned one player there who we got with a priority (dale thomas). Carlton has murphy, gibbs and this year probably kreuzer on top of a couple of years before that with Walker.

Don't tell me we have benefited from the priority picks system when you guys do it year in, year out.

No, we had an off year. We didn't purposely lose if that is what you are implying. And you just mentioned one player there who we got with a priority (dale thomas). Carlton has murphy, gibbs and this year probably kreuzer on top of a couple of years before that with Walker.

Don't tell me we have benefited from the priority picks system when you guys do it year in, year out.

Not a priority pick. Shaun Hampson @ pick 17 was our priority pick in the 2006 draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carltons Midfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Back