Roast Carrazzo, out of form much??

Remove this Banner Ad

TrueBlue05

Senior List
Mar 27, 2011
melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I was at the game friday night, and just watched the game on cfc tv again. and man is he frustrating to watch atm! time after time again, turning over the ball, dropping marks, too slow.....it goes on!
He had about 2 effective disposals all night! I really don't understand how he scored so highly in SC & DT.....

anyone else see that, or am I just being too hard on him??

Had a shocker, even Carrots admitted it and he was quite disappointed in himself. He's a leader at the club and although I don't rate him, I'm tipping he'll have a blinder against Poort.

I don't think Carrazzo has been in the best form of his career this year, but I think he is still easily in Carlton's best 22. I also don't think you can read too much into some of the skills on Friday night. Conditions were greasy and the fact Melbourne played men behind the ball meant that kicking had to be very precise at times.

Carrazzo is fit, runs hard, tackles well and works well at the stoppages even if doesn't have the ball i.e. blocking. I really don't think there is much chance of him being dropped at the moment.

Had a shocker, even Carrots admitted it and he was quite disappointed in himself. He's a leader at the club and although I don't rate him, I'm tipping he'll have a blinder against Poort.

I hope so! I do rate him, I guess cos he's built such a good reputation for himself since he's come to Carlton. I just find it really disappointing when he has such crap games. If he doesn't play well against Port I think he should be dropped till he gets his form back,

Carrazzo for Houlihan!

Had a shocker skills wise on Friday night, but he cut out Selwood in the second half of the Geelong game and was good against the Saints. Couldn't say he was out of form.

Every time I see Carrazzo march his little Italian legs over to some no-heart free-wheeling chip-scab I know he's already got the better of him.

Why would the MC drop one of our most consistent performers who has good hurt factor going the other way? - On Deledio, in the space of 5 minutes, he kicked a goal, a point and had another goal assist.

He bleeds Navy Blue (wrong thread?) and leaves everything out on the field.

Yeah he said on Twitter that he won't be keeping that tape to show his kids. Can only ask that they put their hands up and admit their faults. Mitch in response said that he once had 10 clangers in the one match so it happens.

We all know he was awful on Friday. Let's just see how he bounces back from it.

Yeah he said on Twitter that he won't be keeping that tape to show his kids. Can only ask that they put their hands up and admit their faults. Mitch in response said that he once had 10 clangers in the one match so it happens.

We all know he was awful on Friday. Let's just see how he bounces back from it.

I loved that exchange between Mitch & Carrots!

People need to start waking up to the small things he does that largely go unnoticed. Yes Carrots butchered the ball Friday night, but his skills have always been like that. Plus, as has been noted, he was man enough to own up to that. As long as he continues to do the teams things and tag players out of the game, block, shepherd and tackle others, he keeps his spot for me.

In addition to that, I think if you start focusing on those things that he does, you realise he is actually in some great form.

Had a shocker skills wise on Friday night, but he cut out Selwood in the second half of the Geelong game and was good against the Saints. Couldn't say he was out of form.

Agreed.

I'm sure he'll bounce back on Sunday.

He won't have anyone of note to tag against Port, so he'll have all the time in the world to pick his spot and do something. :p

Agreed.

I'm sure he'll bounce back on Sunday.

He won't have anyone of note to tag against Port
, so he'll have all the time in the world to pick his spot and do something. :p

Careful, you'll get your own hate thread on the Port board - seen it happen. :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was poor Friday night and turned the ball over a hell of a lot.

Has struggled this season no doubt about it and we need him to snap out of this little slump as Carrazzo is important to us when playing well and largely goes unchecked by the opposition and can really hurt sides when he racks up the possessions.

Good to see him put his hand up and take responsibility, shows how much playing for the club means to him. He is our best stopper at the club, and has been doing the job fantastically, so no he's not out of form.

Disagree S man!!

I think we are a better team when Carrazzo is getting 30 touches and hurting teams and making them play tight on him which in turn frees up Murph and Juddy and Gibbsy. He is good as a stopper but more damaging when getting a heap of the ball. He can always stop players and play the tagging role but we need more from him than just this.

In addition to that, I think if you start focusing on those things that he does, you realise he is actually in some great form.

Totally agree. Carlton has increased its defensive pressure and is just harder at the ball in 2011. Journos are focusing on Robinson maturing which is a major factor in this however, look at Carlton's tackle count - both Judd and Carrazzo are both way out in front there. We've come to expect it from Judd but people forget Carrazzo is just at good at locking that ball in during a tackle. His intensity at stoppages and in tackles are first rate.

It's a case of you don't know what you've got till it's gone. If we lost Carrazzo, I think everyone would start noticing all the little things that he does for the team. Yeah, he makes mistakes which are extremely noticeable to us all however, I think we pass over him when he does good things which is unfair.

Every time I see Carrazzo march his little Italian legs over to some no-heart free-wheeling chip-scab I know he's already got the better of him.

Why would the MC drop one of our most consistent performers who has good hurt factor going the other way? - On Deledio, in the space of 5 minutes, he kicked a goal, a point and had another goal assist.

He bleeds Navy Blue (wrong thread?) and leaves everything out on the field.

This...:thumbsu:

He really had the better of Selwood v Geelong int he second half, yeh Friday wasn't his best game, but he does plenty and Ratts loves him....and the way we;re travelling in 2011.....I Love em all !

I think we are a better team when Carrazzo is getting 30 touches and hurting teams and making them play tight on him which in turn frees up Murph and Juddy and Gibbsy. He is good as a stopper but more damaging when getting a heap of the ball. He can always stop players and play the tagging role but we need more from him than just this.

He doesn't hurt the opposition enough to play that role. His spot in the team is to stop an opposition player while making him accountable by winning the footy - something he does very well.

He is never going to improve his disposal and it will cost and has cost us goals, but ohh well nothing is going to happen. He will continue with the shitty disposal skills and we will continue to make excuses for him.

He doesn't hurt the opposition enough to play that role. His spot in the team is to stop an opposition player while making him accountable by winning the footy - something he does very well.

Exactly. He has a knack for finding the ball naturally, even while playing a run with role. Can find space like no other when we have the ball, and then be with his man again when we lose it. His disposal at times is obviously his weakness, but brings more than enough to the table to show his worth to the side.

His disposal isn't the best in the competition but why is he being so harshly criticised at the moment...? Look at the stats in 2011:

Player - 2011 Disposals - Effective Disposal %
Marc Murphy - 260 - 69.23%
Chris Judd - 247 - 67.21%
Heath Scotland - 233 - 78.11%
Bryce Gibbs - 211 - 72.04%
Andrew Carrazzo - 203 - 71.43%
Kade Simpson - 175 - 73.14%
Mitch Robinson - 175 - 67.43%
Ed Curnow - 147 - 74.15%

To put it in perspective, he's had the same amount of contested possessions as Gibbs and there is .6% difference in their effective disposal. The difference is that he's laid 20 more tackles than Gibbs.

Carrazzo had some clangers on Friday but if Gibbs is an automatic selection, then Carrazzo rightly deserves a spot as well.

His disposal isn't the best in the competition but why is he being so harshly criticised at the moment...? Look at the stats in 2011:

Player - 2011 Disposals - Effective Disposal %
Marc Murphy - 260 - 69.23%
Chris Judd - 247 - 67.21%
Heath Scotland - 233 - 78.11%
Bryce Gibbs - 211 - 72.04%
Andrew Carrazzo - 203 - 71.43%
Kade Simpson - 175 - 73.14%
Mitch Robinson - 175 - 67.43%
Ed Curnow - 147 - 74.15%

To put it in perspective, he's had the same amount of contested possessions as Gibbs and there is .6% difference in their effective disposal. The difference is that he's laid 20 more tackles than Gibbs.

Carrazzo had some clangers on Friday but if Gibbs is an automatic selection, then Carrazzo rightly deserves a spot as well.

Lies, damn lies and statistics.
You really think Carrots uses the ball as well as Gibba, and better than Murph?

Lies, damn lies and statistics.
You really think Carrots uses the ball as well as Gibba, and better than Murph?

Both Gibbs and Murphy use the ball more by foot and are better at it than Carrazzo. However, Carrazzo's disposal as a whole is effective - that's where the criticism against him falls down. You take away Carrazzo's little effective handballs he gets away to Judd/Murphy/Gibbs/Simpson to give us the run and the 6 tackles he gets a game and you lose a pretty effective player.

Yeah, he might kick the ball shockingly sometimes. However, his strengths far outweigh his disposal by foot and that's where his value lies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Carrazzo, out of form much??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back