Toast Cat Academies - Geelong/Hampton and East Arnhem

Remove this Banner Ad

These were the old zones for anyone interested.
show_image.php

Hawks also had number 9 for a bit too.

My thinking on the NT is that Dees aside it's been given to clubs that can support academies financially. Cats, Hawks, Pies and Bombers. You can't risk Norf, Saints or Dogs looking after such important areas.

That aside I think it's a great idea. Play well and you might end up at an AFL club - rookie rules etc
Especially after listening to Buckenara on the radio today talking about how much these are going to cost.
He believes they may run into the hundreds of thousands

We've been given the Top End of the NT, effectively. Arnhem Land is only a part of that. Essendon has been given Melville Island, and this island is not referred to as "West Arnhem Land". Some of you really have no idea about Australian geography do you.

So, there is not an Arnhem in the Nederlands?:D

Very late reading from me. And it's probably a stupid question. When should we start seeing the rewards from here. In getting a player from this set up?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
How long is a piece of string,I know it's up and running in both locations and as Daz said Mots was the Geelong face in the Territory last year,My guess is Cocky will be asked by the club to take over that role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you expect all other zones to provide modest returns, or just ours?

If so, why?
I'll be suprised if any of the zones provide modest returns. Club is much more focused on "value adding" activities such as womens football

The AFL are playing the long game here, the real benefits might not come for a generation.
Agree.

I'll be suprised if any of the zones provide modest returns. Club is much more focused on "value adding" activities such as womens football

Agree.

Indigenous players can find themselves missing out as they dont have the situations that provide the same geographical opportunities to play footy, or perhaps better phased by being seen playing footy by AFL scouts.

This way, IMO, it gives that entire NT region a a bigger viewing platform in the AFL landscape.

So whilst the returns may be modest, it seems an entirely worthwhile process to give more kids the chance to play the game at the highest level - and ultimately thats the most important thing.

Go Catters

BTW - if that reply about the value added Womens footy is intended to be as degrading as I feel you backhandedly meant it, then pack up your things as your account will be vacated so fast your head will spin.

Indigenous players can find themselves missing out as they dont have the situations that provide the same geographical opportunities to play footy, or perhaps better phased by being seen playing footy by AFL scouts.

This way, IMO, it gives that entire NT region a a bigger viewing platform in the AFL landscape.

So whilst the returns may be modest, it seems an entirely worthwhile process to give more kids the chance to play the game at the highest level - and ultimately thats the most important thing.

Go Catters

BTW - if that reply about the value added Womens footy is intended to be as degrading as I feel you backhandedly meant it, then pack up your things as your account will be vacated so fast your head will spin.
Geelong do not have an infinite amount of resources. I dont care for the virtue signalling the club does as long as we are winning flags. Its up to geelong to decide what will bring in the corporate dollars and they are doing a good job in that space.

If you are triggered by my response you must really hate how the club went about getting a womens team in the first place. Our first attempt was beyond poor.

You're reading stuff I'm not seeing in his post Daz:huh:

You're reading stuff I'm not seeing in his post Daz:huh:

When reading one tends to take the posters history into acount and previous iterations into account .. Hence my question rather than statement about the motives..

Go Catters

I've always been interested in WWII and that's a part of the battle of the bulge.

I am fighting the Battle of the Bulge right now.
But my love of good tucker and beer has assured me that I will get slaughtered.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Cat Academies - Geelong/Hampton and East Arnhem

Remove this Banner Ad

Back