Cats Crying About Baker!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes Geelong never engage in rough play. Players like Scarlett, Milburn, Ling and Rooke are just misunderstood.:rolleyes:

Lyon must be misunderstood when he said this afternoon that ""Steven plays within the laws of the game".

Nah, he's actually just a liar. Surprised he could say it with a straight face. Ah well, at least he's now qualified to be a politician.

Ross Lyon needs to check his facts. Baker copped 8-9 weeks for not adhering to the rules of the game. Despite what people argue, you are an idiot to make contact to anyone's head with your fist. Baker did it multiple times and got a fair amount of his suspension for his bad record. Its similar to Pod's hit on Gibb's head. There isn't really a lot in it but you can't do that now. I don't have any sympathy for Pods nor Baker. Both made mistakes and did things which no matter how soft they are, you can't do. Baker just repeated it a few times.

As for Lyon's comments about Ling. I would say Ling is one of the fairest taggers in the competition. Baker and Ling are opposite ends of the scale. He's also very brave to bring Reiwoldt into as I would think that Reiwoldt gets a lot of easy frees especially compared to his Geelong equivalent in Mooney who generally gets a rougher run due to his bad past.

Anyway, I think Thompson was misquoted as I think he was referring to what the umpires could do better this time. Would grab a hold of the problem early make a different? Probably, would have saved Baker and Johnson both from sitting out for a while. I don't think Geelong would be worried by Baker at all - there are far greater players to worry about at the Saints.

I don't see how a free kick to Blake would alter a sniper from being a sniper.

Mooney was reasonably well behaved for the rest of the match

"I just hope it's good for the umpires to come out and just take control of the match straight-up and that would have saved all the hassle out of last time we played."

Was he not referring to Mooney?

Now who's having a cry.
From Ross Lyon

"I just want all players to have equal protection and be umpired to the laws of the game. That's all any player or coach can ask for. And I'm sure that's what we'll get.
"We just want Nick (Riewoldt) taking the arms to be recognised and blown (a free kick). That's where it sits.

Really this is all a bit of a wank really. I think all that both teams want is a consistent performance from the umpires. Perhaps if umpiring was in a little better shape we wouldn't have to talk about it we could talk about the real stars, the players.

I find it all very amusing, it's all part of the build up to what should be a cracker....

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...-baker-crackdown/story-e6frf9jf-1225911959763

really mark grow some balls.
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Crap thread started by a poster who supports a Crap club.

The Media also wants to make something of this.

Lets hope Baker actually plays some football (I doubt it), and it's a good contest. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Cats Crying About Baker!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back