Game Day Cats v Crows at Kardinia 1:15 my time

Remove this Banner Ad

The anticipation in watching Crows games veers violently one way or another depending on selections

I can look forward to a game - where I can expect a flogging - if there is something to watch

But watching Crab give the 1m handball to RoB all day doesnt inspire me

I have had a bad night sleep so an afternoon nap may win out

Who am I kidding - afternoon naps win out everytime

I've been offline for 3 days while I drove out to the donga in NSW, up near Queensland.
Good news: any hollow, recession, dip in the ground, dam, creek or river is filled with water, in places where I have never seen casual water before. The Namoi and Barwon rivers have burst their banks (again! February revisited) and will be pushing huge amounts of water into the Darling/Murray system. Great for the country long term, for the plants and animals; an extensive green revival (not-so-good for farmers with sodden paddocks, I know).

Bad news: Crouch/Milera/ROB are back; Fog retained, mysteriously.
Tex and Rachele are out. The Advertiser has reported that Nicks is "bullish" about the Crows' chances with a depleted side, playing badly, at a venue where we have not won for about 20 years [edited].
Bullshittish, more like. I'm not going to watch his presser. I've had enough of his squeaky doublespeak.

Great for Geelong short term, on a dry ground with a gentle Westerly blowing at game time.
Hawkins/ Cameron and Stengle will feast.

AmericanCrow; if I'm lucky, Country NSW Channel 7 won't be showing the game, so I won't have to watch it in forlorn, morale-sapping anticipation and crushed hope.
Geelong by 15 goals. At least. :eek:

Last edited:

The anticipation in watching Crows games veers violently one way or another depending on selections

I can look forward to a game - where I can expect a flogging - if there is something to watch

But watching Crab give the 1m handball to RoB all day doesnt inspire me

I have had a bad night sleep so an afternoon nap may win out

Who am I kidding - afternoon naps win out everytime
Get on the red. :)

I've been offline for 3 days while I drove out to the donga in NSW, up near Queensland.
Good news: any hollow, recession, dip in the ground, dam, creek or river is filled with water, in places where I have never seen casual water before. The Namoi and Barwon rivers have burst their banks (again! February revisited) and will be pushing huge amounts of water into the Darling/Murray system. Great for the country long term, for the plants and animals; an extensive green revival (not-so-good for farmers with sodden paddocks, I know).

Tex and Rachele are out. The Advertiser has reported that Nicks is "bullish" about the Crows' chances with a depleted side, playing badly, at a venue where we have not won for about 20 years [edited].
Bullshittish, more like. I'm not going to watch his presser. I've had enough of his squeaky doublespeak.

Great for Geelong short term, on a dry ground with a gentle Westerly blowing at game time.

AmericanCrow; if I'm lucky, Country NSW Channel 7 won't be showing the game, so I won't have to watch it in forlorn, morale-sapping anticipation and crushed hope.
It sounds ridiculous, doesn't it? However, what do you expect him to say? It's standard stuff, and nothing to get upset about. I'd hate to see your comments if he said that he expects to be thrashed by 15 goals and doesn't know why we are bothering to go to the dunghill.

was originally planning on heading down to this game when the date/time was set as I have a Saturday off work

Some things have come up that I need to address that would normally annoy me but they have popped up at convenient time to stop me going to the game :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a dream we lost by 64 points and Brodie Smith got knocked out by Selwood. Go crows.

1) It sounds ridiculous, doesn't it?
2) However, what do you expect him to say? It's standard stuff, and nothing to get upset about. 3) I'd hate to see your comments if he said that he expects to be thrashed by 15 goals and doesn't know why we are bothering to go to the dunghill.
1) Yes.
2) I'm not "upset" by what Nicks was reported to have said. I just kinda rolled my eyes, because it is ridiculous.
If anything, his positive outlook and cheerfulness in the face of non-achievement are admirable, but maybe unrealistic. You're right --- what else can he say?
(I think there's plenty of other things that he could do, especially wrt to Selection and Game Plan but it's beyond our control)
3) I had expectations back in 2020/21, even at the start of this year, but we've seen enough to know what our short-term future will be with him, haven't we? Our use of First-round picks doesn't help. I have low expectations of Nicks now, certainly not any optimistic ones about him being our next Premiership Coach. It took Dimma 8 years to take Richmond to a Flag --- the AFC will not show Nicks that kind of patience/perseverance. The Crows need an innovative tough nut as Head Coach. That ain't Nicks.
I'd love to see them throw millions at Clarkson, whatever it takes, but that won't happen.
Your hypothetical: "I'd hate to see your comments if he said that he expects to be thrashed by 15 goals ..." is extreme.
I imagine you and I and all Crows supporters would be enraged by such a thing, but that'll never happen either.

What do you think will happen, this afternoon? :sneaky:

Had a dream we lost by 64 points and Brodie Smith got knocked out by Selwood. Go crows.
The 64-point loss is possible, but optimistic.

I can imagine Selwood sling-tackling Smith to dreamland, then flopping to the ground himself holding his face/head, getting a free + 50m. to kick their 25th goal, after Smith is stretchered off the ground. :rolleyes:

Does anyone know if Horne-Francis was a Crows supporter as a kid, like Dawson?

The Crows need him, and while I'm wishing, another Dawson. Or two.

A good read.
Let's hope for a surprise hey!

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Cats v Crows at Kardinia 1:15 my time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back