2nds Centrals vs Port Adelaide - Round 19 @ Elizabeth

Remove this Banner Ad

26 players either in the AFL team or travelling as emergencies. Houston, Finlayson, McKenzie, Powell-Pepper and Marshall unavailable through suspension/injury. So the first player picked for the SANFL team today is the 32nd ranked player on the list.

I don't reckon many clubs have good depth and absolutely none would bat as deep as 32.
There is plenty of games we have had 15 AFL listed players and we have been absolutely putrid, the game plan the lack of intensity the lack of care factor it’s pathetic.

There is plenty of games we have had 15 AFL listed players and we have been absolutely putrid, the game plan the lack of intensity the lack of care factor it’s pathetic.

Totally agree. The appointment of Hartlett and the management of the AFL list. It doesn't come down to this game. Not one player made a clear full step forward with their development this year. We got bad rules but it doesn't equate to being the worst team in the league, that's on the club.

FT lost 104 to 36

Wooden Spoon by 0.6%

All they needed was to be competitive and South would have slid to bottom by %.

This side plays under completely different rules to any other team in the comp (bar Adelaide) so these results should not be counted in sanfl records. No AFL in the sanfl and all that.

But they shouldn't be this awful. Top ups are sub-standard as is the coach.

26 players either in the AFL team or travelling as emergencies. Houston, Finlayson, McKenzie, Powell-Pepper and Marshall unavailable through suspension/injury. So the first player picked for the SANFL team today is the 32nd ranked player on the list.

I don't reckon many clubs have good depth and absolutely none would bat as deep as 32.

That's pretty well it.

Lorenz played well it was a good day.

This is not something that I get too upset about. The Port that played in the sanfl once upon a time is playing Freo tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's pretty well it.

Lorenz played well it was a good day.

This is not something that I get too upset about. The Port that played in the sanfl once upon a time is playing Freo tomorrow.

We know this but how can a supporter not be upset at the development team being so bloody poor!
The club in its old days of the sanfl did not let its reserves be so putrid, it mattered that they were a competitive outfit developing players the best way, not to be in an environment of complete failure.

Look at them, most of them we're developed by Hinkley.

Not only that, although it is significant because for some years our kick and handball is the worse in the sanfl, but I just don't think there has been serious attention given to anything regarding the reserves which the drubbing from North two years ago should have brought except for trying to get out of this petty league (which I applaud). Instead of reacting to bring strength to the development from that drubbing two years ago, its declined. I don't care what anybody says about it but one response to it last year was the aflw coach was the forwards coach for the first 8 rounds of the sanfl before switching to her own duties of being senior coach for the women's season. For one, it should be a plan for the forwards coach of the reserves to be forwards coach for the entire season unless drastic circumstances, second ... well let's not go there.

McCallum’s kicking is a lottery, all he’s got is a little 15m dash. He’s like a worse Daniel Flynn. He won’t make it.

Charleson handballing to players back while they were not looking summed up the day.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds Centrals vs Port Adelaide - Round 19 @ Elizabeth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back