CEY: training camp ripped the heart out of Adelaide Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just throwing this in for what it may be worth as I don't still have a copy of the Advertiser. In a recent edition Eddie was quoted as saying the camp was essentially not a big ongoing deal for him. The big problem for him was his dropping to SANFL when he could see other lesser performers being selected each week. our pxss poor selection history of recent times seems to have caused more strife with players than the long ago camp. Continued gold-pass selections of non statistical role players, McGovern's non selection in the final and the on again off again playing of Jenkins, Gibbs and so on is possibly the greater cause of disunity and lingering angst than the camp.

sometimes, when i read posts like these it makes me wish I could write the same way. also regret not taking school more seriously.

I didn't go back to school (uni) 'til I was 26. I read a lot and had an inquisitive brain, but I dropped out in Year 10. Had a pretty f*cked up childhood and adolescence, that meant school was not a priority for me at the time (even if I wanted it to be). Trust me, school doesn't mean anything. Anyone can learn, it's just what you put in and how much it means to you. The mere fact that you care about something like that, means that if you want to, you can study and learn anytime. Definitely wouldn't worry about how you went in school. Has no bearing on the 'now' :)

I didn't go back to school (uni) 'til I was 26. I read a lot and had an inquisitive brain, but I dropped out in Year 10. Had a pretty f*cked up childhood and adolescence, that meant school was not a priority for me at the time (even if I wanted it to be). Trust me, school doesn't mean anything. Anyone can learn, it's just what you put in and how much it means to you. The mere fact that you care about something like that, means that if you want to, you can study and learn anytime. Definitely wouldn't worry about how you went in school. Has no bearing on the 'now' :)

I think some people like u just have a way with words, regardless of schooling.
its the same with those with the gift of the gab. school helps but a lot of it comes natural as well.

I am sick of all these figjam posts.can we steer away from these academic style bs posts? This is a footy forum. To be an effective communicator you need to understand your audience. The audience is broad. Of course I could quit coming to this thread. But this diarrhoea is overflowing into nearly every thread these days and as an Adelaide supporter, I need to find the diamonds amongst the coal. Humility is such a rewarding value. This simply means you can let someone else’s argument drop without having to reply just so you can prove yourself right. Disney’s movie Frozen was right. Let it go.

Hearing things like the players signed confidentiality clause prior to the camp anyone heard of this

Would mean nothing if the truth was anywhere near what has been stated above. The club would be in damage control and would only make things worse if they tried to enforce an NDA. The AFLPA would be up the club with a microscope and the AFL not far behind. If anything illegal happened then the NDA means nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would mean nothing if the truth was anywhere near what has been stated above. The club would be in damage control and would only make things worse if they tried to enforce an NDA. The AFLPA would be up the club with a microscope and the AFL not far behind. If anything illegal happened then the NDA means nothing.

Is holding someone else’s dick illegal?

With Eddie saying he was more upset about being dropped, I think players need to harden up and not feel entitled and train hard etc to regain their spot rather than whinging and causing trouble. I didn't agree he should have been dropped against Carlton but maybe the week before or after. He spent a lot of the season trying to do the spectacular stuff rather than the bread and butter. He often flew for marks spoiling our taller forwards when he should have been crumbing.

I'm just throwing this in for what it may be worth as I don't still have a copy of the Advertiser. In a recent edition Eddie was quoted as saying the camp was essentially not a big ongoing deal for him. The big problem for him was his dropping to SANFL when he could see other lesser performers being selected each week. our pxss poor selection history of recent times seems to have caused more strife with players than the long ago camp. Continued gold-pass selections of non statistical role players, McGovern's non selection in the final and the on again off again playing of Jenkins, Gibbs and so on is possibly the greater cause of disunity and lingering angst than the camp.
He also said, (even quite recently) that he had a year to run on his contract here and would see it out.

Public confidence does not mean anything to do with you...it means how the public perceives you. Not your confidence, or how you act in the public sphere (or whatever you think it means). Key example would be the public confidence that Theresa May had before she failed to achieve a Brexit deal vs public confidence in Theresa May after she failed to draft any meaningful legislation that satisfied the EU and the British people. That loss in public confidence led to her downfall and subsequently being replaced by Boris Johnson. I'm sure you'll twist this to make it sound like you're right in some way though. That seems to be your M.O.

As for the rest of it, phew...I'm having to take a deep breath, because you are so far off the mark that you're in another stadium.

You are an absolutely delusional nut. I've tried to tow the line, but you are something else. You can't state that something is 'categorically true', when you have no evidence to support it. I literally just spent an entire post telling you how i have experience - personal, professional and academic - you then give me a post that states 'uh duhh, usually there is an immediate effect, this is categorically true.' Why, why is it true? Because you say so?

Also, re: post-death, you don't 'usually' see a decline in optimal functioning. Everyone's grief response is different, based on their experience and their view of what societal 'norms' are.

You can't talk on a general level and call it fact. My god. I genuinely think there is something seriously wrong with you.

Here are links from google, seeing as I can't link you to academic articles. Nearly all of what is said in these articles, points to 'dormant' trauma emerging later on after trying to use coping mechanisms to 'rationalize' things. It might not be all the time, but it's definitely not in the 'minority' like you claim it to be.

Seriously mate, I have an Honours degree in Sociology, with a particular focus on inequality and mental health - psychology, anthropology, social work and counselling. I'm also involved in the mental health industry, and have a history of my own trauma and the study that came with understanding that. You are some know-it-all guy on bigfooty who just makes overarching statements about things he is not qualified to talk about.

You're wrong. Just shut up and walk away.

I'm ignoring you now, because it's like talking to a Trump supporter. All opinion, no basis, complete denial. Nothing worse than a dumb person who thinks they're more intelligent than everyone else, yet has no substantiation to back up a thing they say.
Please post more! Educated, articulate, non condescending and logical individuals are becoming a rarity on BF, let alone the Crows board.

australian indigenous peoples aren’t all the same. It is simply not a single group of people. You city elites literally have not a ******* clue. Didgeridoos aren‘t cultural for every mob. They are Northern Australian only. Every other group selling them is taking the piss.
Oh I'll never be the darling of the so called city fathers who cluck their tongues, stroke their beards and talk about 'What's to be done about this Homer Simpson'

With Eddie saying he was more upset about being dropped, I think players need to harden up and not feel entitled and train hard etc to regain their spot rather than whinging and causing trouble. I didn't agree he should have been dropped against Carlton but maybe the week before or after. He spent a lot of the season trying to do the spectacular stuff rather than the bread and butter. He often flew for marks spoiling our taller forwards when he should have been crumbing.
If that is the reason he left then my respect for him has dropped, although the affection remains.
How's he going to cope when Carlton drop him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Public confidence does not mean anything to do with you...it means how the public perceives you. Not your confidence, or how you act in the public sphere (or whatever you think it means). Key example would be the public confidence that Theresa May had before she failed to achieve a Brexit deal vs public confidence in Theresa May after she failed to draft any meaningful legislation that satisfied the EU and the British people. That loss in public confidence led to her downfall and subsequently being replaced by Boris Johnson. I'm sure you'll twist this to make it sound like you're right in some way though. That seems to be your M.O.

As for the rest of it, phew...I'm having to take a deep breath, because you are so far off the mark that you're in another stadium.

You are an absolutely delusional nut. I've tried to tow the line, but you are something else. You can't state that something is 'categorically true', when you have no evidence to support it. I literally just spent an entire post telling you how i have experience - personal, professional and academic - you then give me a post that states 'uh duhh, usually there is an immediate effect, this is categorically true.' Why, why is it true? Because you say so?

Also, re: post-death, you don't 'usually' see a decline in optimal functioning. Everyone's grief response is different, based on their experience and their view of what societal 'norms' are.

You can't talk on a general level and call it fact. My god. I genuinely think there is something seriously wrong with you.

Here are links from google, seeing as I can't link you to academic articles. Nearly all of what is said in these articles, points to 'dormant' trauma emerging later on after trying to use coping mechanisms to 'rationalize' things. It might not be all the time, but it's definitely not in the 'minority' like you claim it to be.

Seriously mate, I have an Honours degree in Sociology, with a particular focus on inequality and mental health - psychology, anthropology, social work and counselling. I'm also involved in the mental health industry, and have a history of my own trauma and the study that came with understanding that. You are some know-it-all guy on bigfooty who just makes overarching statements about things he is not qualified to talk about.

I'm ignoring you now, because it's like talking to a Trump supporter. All opinion, no basis, complete denial. Nothing worse than a dumb person who thinks they're more intelligent than everyone else, yet has no substantiation to back up a thing they say.

Am I still on BigFooty?

if the reports are true and some players were completely humiliated in front of their teammates(e.g. wet themselves), I can understand why no one has come out with the full story.
That's a newie

Ok I think it's time I'm calling you out on your public speaking propaganda and put serious doubts in your actual credentials. Over the weekend, I was too busy to give your postings a serious response but now here it is..

"Public confidence does not mean anything to do with you...it means how the public perceives you. Not your confidence, or how you act in the public sphere (or whatever you think it means). Key example would be the public confidence that Theresa May had before she failed to achieve a Brexit deal vs public confidence in Theresa May after she failed to draft any meaningful legislation that satisfied the EU and the British people. That loss in public confidence led to her downfall and subsequently being replaced by Boris Johnson. I'm sure you'll twist this to make it sound like you're right in some way though. That seems to be your M.O."

I'm guessing you're really more leaning towards social studies/politics arena, because you're completely oblivious to the actual toll on the individuual affected behind character assassination, in that it has a serious detrimental effect. You're looking at it from "how the public responds" rather than "how the affected person feels". Here is a better definition of "character assassination":
"Character Assassination refers to the slandering or vicious personal verbal attack on a person with the intention of destroying or damaging that person’s reputation or confidence. In other words it is malicious verbal assaults designed to damage or tarnish the reputation of a person."

person's reputation = public confidence you're referring to (and stopped it at that)
person's confidence = confidence in public (what I added on top, and you basically called me an idiot for expanding on your definition rather than trying to understand the point I was making).
There is literally 2 angles to the definition - how the public sees you and how you see yourself in front of the public (when personal attacks are continually being made).

"You are an absolutely delusional nut. I've tried to tow the line, but you are something else. You can't state that something is 'categorically true', when you have no evidence to support it. I literally just spent an entire post telling you how i have experience - personal, professional and academic - you then give me a post that states 'uh duhh, usually there is an immediate effect, this is categorically true.' Why, why is it true? Because you say so?

You can't talk on a general level and call it fact. My god. I genuinely think there is something seriously wrong with you."

After an acute stress situation, it is TRUE you USUALLY get an IMMEDIATE EFFECT. You state you know otherwise because "personal, professional and academic", and I basically told you I work in the field dealing with mental health, and I have evidence of regularly contributing to mental health discussions on this very own site. I also gave you examples of the commonest traumas in grieving, MVAs, major accidents there is typically an IMMEDIATE effect on individuals who are affected. How many can act or perform optimally after a few days to a week after such traumas? Not many! Yet, you seem to ignore this and chose to quote various websites to try and substantiate your "facts".

Here's a website that explains trauma and PTSD quite well and it is absolutely in line with what I've been saying, only for you to call me a "delusional nut":
Here is the first paragraph of its content:
To be diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), you have to experience a specific set of symptoms for at least one month following exposure to a traumatic event, but in some cases, people may experience delayed-onset PTSD.

Delayed-onset PTSD is not frequently diagnosed, and there is not a great deal of research on this type. However, its occurrence has been observed and studied in some research, and it appears that almost a quarter of PTSD cases may be delayed onset.1 This research has produced some theories on what delayed-onset PTSD is and why it occurs.

So now can we agree that most cases, you see an immediate negative effect (moods/behaviour/performances)?

"Seriously mate, I have an Honours degree in Sociology, with a particular focus on inequality and mental health - psychology, anthropology, social work and counselling. I'm also involved in the mental health industry, and have a history of my own trauma and the study that came with understanding that. You are some know-it-all guy on bigfooty who just makes overarching statements about things he is not qualified to talk about."

Wow, so much credentials. I'm actually a doctor, first time I'm declaring it out in public. A GP as a matter of fact, and I enjoy the challenges of managing chronic disease and mental illnesses. I've worked at the Crammond Clinic and Glenside (2 of the major psychiatric hospitals) during my training/working years in hospital (and even played pool with the inpatients). I also have had personal experience with mental illness myself. So I guess we're sort of kind of neutral on the credentials maybe?...but at least I don't come on opposition boards and make gross assumptions about some other's qualifications after having only exchanged dialogues 2-3 times.

"You're wrong. Just shut up and walk away."

Which part was I actually wrong?

"I'm ignoring you now, because it's like talking to a Trump supporter. All opinion, no basis, complete denial. Nothing worse than a dumb person who thinks they're more intelligent than everyone else, yet has no substantiation to back up a thing they say."

Well if you're going to ignore me for making actually correct statements and trying to defend myself, then by all means. Nothing worse than a smart alec who thinks they're more intelligent than another person behind the computer screen, when they're actually more wrong than right. But hey, it sounded good whatever spill you gave out. You got a lot of likes. Well done, congrats!

Ok I think it's time I'm calling you out on your public speaking propaganda and put serious doubts in your actual credentials. Over the weekend, I was too busy to give your postings a serious response but now here it is..

"Public confidence does not mean anything to do with you...it means how the public perceives you. Not your confidence, or how you act in the public sphere (or whatever you think it means). Key example would be the public confidence that Theresa May had before she failed to achieve a Brexit deal vs public confidence in Theresa May after she failed to draft any meaningful legislation that satisfied the EU and the British people. That loss in public confidence led to her downfall and subsequently being replaced by Boris Johnson. I'm sure you'll twist this to make it sound like you're right in some way though. That seems to be your M.O."

I'm guessing you're really more leaning towards social studies/politics arena, because you're completely oblivious to the actual toll on the individuual affected behind character assassination, in that it has a serious detrimental effect. You're looking at it from "how the public responds" rather than "how the affected person feels". Here is a better definition of "character assassination":
"Character Assassination refers to the slandering or vicious personal verbal attack on a person with the intention of destroying or damaging that person’s reputation or confidence. In other words it is malicious verbal assaults designed to damage or tarnish the reputation of a person."

person's reputation = public confidence you're referring to (and stopped it at that)
person's confidence = confidence in public (what I added on top, and you basically called me an idiot for expanding on your definition rather than trying to understand the point I was making).
There is literally 2 angles to the definition - how the public sees you and how you see yourself in front of the public (when personal attacks are continually being made).

"You are an absolutely delusional nut. I've tried to tow the line, but you are something else. You can't state that something is 'categorically true', when you have no evidence to support it. I literally just spent an entire post telling you how i have experience - personal, professional and academic - you then give me a post that states 'uh duhh, usually there is an immediate effect, this is categorically true.' Why, why is it true? Because you say so?

You can't talk on a general level and call it fact. My god. I genuinely think there is something seriously wrong with you."

After an acute stress situation, it is TRUE you USUALLY get an IMMEDIATE EFFECT. You state you know otherwise because "personal, professional and academic", and I basically told you I work in the field dealing with mental health, and I have evidence of regularly contributing to mental health discussions on this very own site. I also gave you examples of the commonest traumas in grieving, MVAs, major accidents there is typically an IMMEDIATE effect on individuals who are affected. How many can act or perform optimally after a few days to a week after such traumas? Not many! Yet, you seem to ignore this and chose to quote various websites to try and substantiate your "facts".

Here's a website that explains trauma and PTSD quite well and it is absolutely in line with what I've been saying, only for you to call me a "delusional nut":
Here is the first paragraph of its content:
To be diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), you have to experience a specific set of symptoms for at least one month following exposure to a traumatic event, but in some cases, people may experience delayed-onset PTSD.

Delayed-onset PTSD is not frequently diagnosed, and there is not a great deal of research on this type. However, its occurrence has been observed and studied in some research, and it appears that almost a quarter of PTSD cases may be delayed onset.1 This research has produced some theories on what delayed-onset PTSD is and why it occurs.

So now can we agree that most cases, you see an immediate negative effect (moods/behaviour/performances)?

"Seriously mate, I have an Honours degree in Sociology, with a particular focus on inequality and mental health - psychology, anthropology, social work and counselling. I'm also involved in the mental health industry, and have a history of my own trauma and the study that came with understanding that. You are some know-it-all guy on bigfooty who just makes overarching statements about things he is not qualified to talk about."

Wow, so much credentials. I'm actually a doctor, first time I'm declaring it out in public. A GP as a matter of fact, and I enjoy the challenges of managing chronic disease and mental illnesses. I've worked at the Crammond Clinic and Glenside (2 of the major psychiatric hospitals) during my training/working years in hospital (and even played pool with the inpatients). I also have had personal experience with mental illness myself. So I guess we're sort of kind of neutral on the credentials maybe?...but at least I don't come on opposition boards and make gross assumptions about some other's qualifications after having only exchanged dialogues 2-3 times.

"You're wrong. Just shut up and walk away."

Which part was I actually wrong?

"I'm ignoring you now, because it's like talking to a Trump supporter. All opinion, no basis, complete denial. Nothing worse than a dumb person who thinks they're more intelligent than everyone else, yet has no substantiation to back up a thing they say."

Well if you're going to ignore me for making actually correct statements and trying to defend myself, then by all means. Nothing worse than a smart alec who thinks they're more intelligent than another person behind the computer screen, when they're actually more wrong than right. But hey, it sounded good whatever spill you gave out. You got a lot of likes. Well done, congrats!
Seriously? Can you just not move on, the chances of anyone reading that post is very remote

You certainly are a sucker for punishment, not sure why you like bringing this attention to yourself
Just wanted to clarify matters. I was too busy over the weekend and didn't post in a calm thoughtful manner.
Had a wedding and several coronas, was some nice beer and lobster!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back