Unofficial Preview Changes & discussion v Saints @ Marvel Round 15.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Rich now out for a while it looks like McKenna and Wilmot may do the majority of kick ins going on the Swans game.
They may want Coleman to be the next disposal from a kick in if that can be achieved.
Below stats from dfsaustralia.com

View attachment 1717377
would love to know how many of these are retained possessions - feel like this year Rich has been running the max available and bombing down the line, whereas McKenna is more likely to try and pick the eyes out of it.

I think injury lists should come out today.

But given Payne hurt himself Friday, is no news good news? He looked pretty limited.

I think we need to play Lohmann for one reason - he lowers his eyes in attack. Always looking for a pass and pulled off a few
Should get the crucial news on Payne shortly..now a top 5 importance player with the paper thin stocks behind him in that part of the ground.Any complications with it and 2023 chances take a blow

Should get the crucial news on Payne shortly..now a top 5 importance player with the paper thin stocks behind him in that part of the ground.Any complications with it and 2023 chances take a blow
Payne conspicuous by his absence on current injury list :)

That lions.com article says that Darcy Gardiner is available for selection, will be interesting to see if he is selected as the only likely out for him would be Ryan Lester.

That lions.com article says that Darcy Gardiner is available for selection, will be interesting to see if he is selected as the only likely out for him would be Ryan Lester.
Hope Fagan doesn't do it. Lester is miles better both as intercept defender as well as providing rebound. Gardiner should come in only if Payne or Andrews is unavailable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darcy Gardiner available.

Will not be happy if he replaces Lester

Gardiner should come back in via VFL. He needs to make something happen before coming back into the firsts. Just don't see the need to mess with what has been working so well this year
Don’t usually repeat myself but I hope Gardiner joins the mini preseason group so he can come back fully fit and there is some chance he makes a contribution over the three years of his contract. This in for two games out for two games can’t be good for him physically and I worry that he will break down completely.

st-kilda.jpg

PLAYERINJURYESTIMATED RETURN
Matt Allison Foot 4-6 weeks
Jack Billings Hamstring Test
Hunter Clark Knee 2-4 weeks
Nick Coffield Calf 4-6 weeks
Jack Hayes Hamstring 3-5 weeks
Zak Jones Achilles Test
Dan McKenzie Calf Test
Angus McLennan Back 2-4 weeks
Tim Membrey Knee TBC
Updated: June 20, 2023

Early prognosis​

Billings, Jones and McKenzie are set to resume in the VFL this weekend. All three will need to prove their fitness later in the week. Jones and McKenzie haven't played a game in 2023, while Billings was on the cusp of a senior recall when he strained his hamstring at Sandringham. Membrey is still dealing with knee soreness and expected to miss a second game. – Josh Gabelich

I really want both Dev and Fletcher to stay in. Was really impressed with fletchers game and I think Dev brings the defensive pressure and run we so badly need. Lohman and Fort out for me. I’m not sure we need a third tall, I’m not convinced that the setup works but I believe Rayner would be able to give us a similar output to Fort up forward unfortunately for Fort.

I really want both Dev and Fletcher to stay in. Was really impressed with fletchers game and I think Dev brings the defensive pressure and run we so badly need. Lohman and Fort out for me. I’m not sure we need a third tall, I’m not convinced that the setup works but I believe Rayner would be able to give us a similar output to Fort up forward unfortunately for Fort.

Don't agree.

I think we lose too much if we don't have a third key up forward. Besides the fact Daniher's ruck effectiveness has dropped off over the past 6 weeks (or he's been found out - take your pick), if we don't have another up there, the knock on effect when JD goes into the ruck is too much IMO. You'd have Hipwood getting the best tall defender, and then Rayner/someone else getting the second best tall. Too much of a risk for mine.

I'm backing Fort to stay in (and some of those marks to clunk under the roof!), and I also hope we don't see JD in the ruck again whilst Fort is in the team (can't believe that occurred against Syd - must have been a rotation issue?).

Don't ask me about the other changes though. Fletcher and Lohmann showed enough IMO to warrant not getting dropped, but they obviously have less credits in the bank. Fletcher in particular is the exact type of player we've needed over the past 1-2 seasons (outside run with class) - may come down to opposition match-ups (and does Zorko get an additional week off to be conservative?)

Don't agree.

I think we lose too much if we don't have a third key up forward. Besides the fact Daniher's ruck effectiveness has dropped off over the past 6 weeks (or he's been found out - take your pick), if we don't have another up there, the knock on effect when JD goes into the ruck is too much IMO. You'd have Hipwood getting the best tall defender, and then Rayner/someone else getting the second best tall. Too much of a risk for mine.

I'm backing Fort to stay in (and some of those marks to clunk under the roof!), and I also hope we don't see JD in the ruck again whilst Fort is in the team (can't believe that occurred against Syd - must have been a rotation issue?).

Don't ask me about the other changes though. Fletcher and Lohmann showed enough IMO to warrant not getting dropped, but they obviously have less credits in the bank. Fletcher in particular is the exact type of player we've needed over the past 1-2 seasons (outside run with class) - may come down to opposition match-ups (and does Zorko get an additional week off to be conservative?)
Fort has to play in this game which doesn't mean he will. But the 2 rucks has always worked well for us.

I think everyone would love to see Lohman and Fletcher stay in but if McCluggage and Zorko are available it's not much of a choice is it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back