Changes for Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

IMO i cant believe no one has include Luke Ball for a go in the VFL.. his turn overs cost us heaps saturday night, yes cheesy also did alot of turn overs, but since everyone is getting stuck into cheesy, how bout ya all open ur eyes and have a look at balls game!

Fully agree,posted something on sat night and pretty much got told off...:rolleyes:

Out: Wood, Anthony, McCaffer

In: L.Brown, Medhurst, Lockyer

Fraser to replace L.Brown when he is fit, Wood is a useless piece of crap supposedly he is good at ruck tap work yet his hit out to advantage is lower then Frasers and is a shit player around the ground as soon as some of our VFL rucks are ready to go then Wood must go. If Medhurst and Lockyer are not fit then I would bring in Dick I still think he needs another week or Barham, his chase and tackle was brilliant on the weekend.

I dont know what is worng with Jack but he looks completely not interested, should never have been brought back in for this game if they felt they needed another tall either L.Brown or Nate Brown up forward.

Is there any reason to think Lockyer is unfit? Bring him in for O'Bree - he's always been reliable and will be hungry by now.

Medhurst in for Anthony, if fit. Give Reid a rest and bring in N. Brown.

Lockyer went off at half time and was not seen again against Gold Coast, he didnt look to be running that flash in the first half. Barham was unreal, Dick was good but just looked like he needed at least 1 more week in the 2's.

Very poor conditions so mistakes a plenty by both sides well ground out win by the boys though

What were your thoughts on Barham's disposal on the weekend, Pauly?

I think he's improved significantly this year, but it seemed like he was back to his old ways on Saturday, from what I could gather?

DEAR FANS

to who ever this may concern

anyone that says Leighroy Brown has a place in this team must be a bandwagon supporter because he is USELESS

how funny half this forum forgets how bad he was for us last year and how appalling he was at the beginning of this year.

seriously we dont need to omit every player on the team or make massive changes all we have to do is play to our teams strengths rather then the other teams weakness's and we'll be fine, the only player we should think about bringing in is Medhurst although something says his injury is worse then we know about.

this is how it should go:

OUT:
wood - hopeless. i dont know what he needs. but he will probably stay in the side by default.
macaffer - more hopeless. shouldnt have even taken the field against brisbane. does nothing effective with the ball and folds under pressure. back to the VFL!
o'bree - even more hopeless. he should stop playing altogether.
anthony/dawes? - cant really blame them, the delivery to the forward line was horrible. its the 2nd week in a row we were doing that. it didnt work against geelong, why would it work against brisbane?! dawes needs to learn how to mark above his head. and both need to lead more.

IN:
medhurst - need him roaming and crumbing the forward line.
leigh brown - need him as backup ruck and can play forward and back if needs be.
lockyer - need his experience. he still has a few games left in him, but in any case he is much better than obree.

What were your thoughts on Barham's disposal on the weekend, Pauly?

I think he's improved significantly this year, but it seemed like he was back to his old ways on Saturday, from what I could gather?

Jonathon Bernard had him 2nd in the votes after the live chat, but he did seem to turn it over a fair bit off the boot. The poor conditions could have contributed though.

DEAR FANS

to who ever this may concern

anyone that says Leighroy Brown has a place in this team must be a bandwagon supporter because he is USELESS

how funny half this forum forgets how bad he was for us last year and how appalling he was at the beginning of this year.

seriously we dont need to omit every player on the team or make massive changes all we have to do is play to our teams strengths rather then the other teams weakness's and we'll be fine, the only player we should think about bringing in is Medhurst although something says his injury is worse then we know about.

Dear fans???

It's Leroy Brown for starters!

Secondly Leigh Brown is not "useless" and anyone that claims this obviously watches the game through One eye towards the flashier players.

Id like to see Rounds get a go this week. Freshen up the side, and it was clear we lacked a good crumbing forward against Brisbane and watching Rounds this year in the 2's, has been playing as a crumbing forward and doing a good job.

In's - Rounds, Medhurst (if fit...)
Out's - O'bree, Anthony

If Medhurst doesn't come up id play Lockyer for his experience and he adds that forward line pressure we lacked on Saturday night. Jack is not fit, needs to build his fitness up.

I don't rate L.Brown and his selection in some games has been to the detriment of us developing as a side , but I would not be disappointed if he was selected as a back up ruckman for this week. He probably won't get hands to the ball , but we need to nullify and have someone offering a bit more around the ground.
Wood has decided to play his 'valium' games recently and he needs a rocket.
So does Jolly , mind you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would it be a wise move to blood a young player such as Rounds? He has been impreseive in the VFL but the game against the dogs is expected to be tough in intensity and he might not be ready for that just yet. I think it would be more appropriate for him to debut against the Swans after the split round.

I don't rate L.Brown and his selection in some games has been to the detriment of us developing as a side , but I would not be disappointed if he was selected as a back up ruckman for this week. He probably won't get hands to the ball , but we need to nullify and have someone offering a bit more around the ground.
Wood has decided to play his 'valium' games recently and he needs a rocket.
So does Jolly , mind you.
If we were going to get value from L.Brown, last Saturday would have been the time, if only to reignite the "hate" with J.Brown.

In: Medhust, L.Brown, Blair, Barham
Out: O'Bree, Anthony, Maccaffer, Wood

Davis needs to earn his spot back in the 2s.
Blair will be a revelation when he gets a game
Barham to do a tagging job, we have to use someone in that role.
Leigh Brown only because Wood has been so bad & Leigh Brown could be handy to unsettle Lake who has a picnic against Pies every time.

Going out ...

John Anthony - He is lazy and slow and has the heart of Nick Davis. DON'T wear that jumper unless you are going to play for it. I actually uttered the words "**** you" to him tonight.
Brent Maccaffer - I like him. I just think some time in the twos may help him a bit more. Seemed a little out of it tonight but offered some good contests, however doesn't do enough with the ball.
Cam Wood - Has a dopier player ever played AFL? Give Leigh Brown or Josh Fraser a crack. Wood offers nothing outside of the tap outs.
Shane O'Bree - A guy with his experienced needs to do better when he has the footy. I know his skills aren't amazing but they were shit tonight.

Coming in ...

Paul Medhurst - If fit, he was always going to swap for Anthony anyway, important player for us.
Leon Davis - Hope his hunger is back ...
Leigh Brown - I think Josh is still a week or two off.
??? - Leave it up for grabs.

I 100% whole-heartedly agree with everything said here. I'd give the 4th spot to tarks or even dick?

In: Medhust, L.Brown, Blair, Barham
Out: O'Bree, Anthony, Maccaffer, Wood

Davis needs to earn his spot back in the 2s.
Blair will be a revelation when he gets a game
Barham to do a tagging job, we have to use someone in that role.
Leigh Brown only because Wood has been so bad & Leigh Brown could be handy to unsettle Lake who has a picnic against Pies every time.

blair is on the rookie list.

Barhams disposal was poor on the weekend along with the other 43 players out there. Lockyer failed to make the distance from 30m thats how heavy the ball was. I dont rate Barham highly but I believe his tackling and chase help lifts those around him.

Leigh Brown looked lively up forward a better option then Jack for sure.

When i went on the ground for a kick parts of the ground the water was above the top of my shoes, ground very chopped up horrible conditions.

On a positive I did get to tackle my brother's girlfriend and scare the shit outta her

I may get hung for this, I may not.

***IF O'BREE PLAYS***

I want to see Heath in the midfield and Pendlebury at HBF. Yes, I am inspired by the Gibbs move down back.

Reasons -

1. Heath is battling with the tag he's been recieving.
2. Pendles may get the Picken tag this week, if he plays HBF he wont.
3. Heath's speed and kicking is the boost we desperately need in the midfield.
4. Pendlebury is one of our highest tacklers, we need some pressure against the Bulldogs smalls.
5. With O'bree in the team, Pendlebury is not being used as he should (as you all know)

***IF O'BREE GOES OUT***

Wellingham at HBF and Heath in the midfield. (Pendles in the midfield)

Reasons -

1. Wellingham needs some confidence and skills back, he needs to rack them up in the backline.
2. See points 1 and 3 above.

In summary:
We are lacking brilliance in the midfield and defence (and forwards - but thats a whole other can of worms).
I do love Pendlebury in the middle but he's not playing how he should be, we also need some FULL TIME speed on the wing.

This may sound drastic, but AT LEAST we can start with Plan B, and go back to Plan A if it's not working.

Don't hurt me.

Sweet mercy, no.10.

Pendlebury was (finally) BOG against the Lions, and you want to move him?

And Shaw isn't struggling with a tag, he's just struggling full stop. If he can't break a tag from Sam Sheldon or whatever his name is, he may as well give it up.

A role change for Travis would be nice. Hasn't looked nearly as good the last two weeks playing up the ground as he did playing closer to goals for the month starting Anzac day.

Sure the bloke has great aerobic capacity but we look much more dangerous as a side when he is in the forward 50.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes for Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back