Analysis Changes for Q. B'day (6 ins, including Brown, Langdon & Fas, squad in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well is looking like the following:
Schade in for Goldsack
Fasolo in for Elliott
Aish in for Wells

Perhaps Brown or Kirby for Crocker.
However with 3 forced changes, they may stick by Crocker.
The other possible in is Blair for his 150th.
Although, the Pies must win this one to keep the finals door open...so we must select the best 22 for today & tomorrow (future), so Blair may have to wait a bit longer.
Will Ramsay hold his spot? Maybe Aish replaces him, leaving room for Brown or Kirby?
Will be an interesting selection this week.
With a Monday game...do they still name the 25 squad on Thursday?

Out Goldsack in Langdon
Out Elliot in fasolo
Out wells in Aish
Out greenwood in brown/Kirby
We may need to bring in a key defender for Goldy since that's the role he was playing, depending on how we think Melbourne will structure up. I don't think Weideman has been in sterling form in the VFL, but they may bring him in to try and expose our lack of key defenders. I think Schade or Keeffe are probably the more likely ins to Langdon.

Does Broomhead hold his spot?
Or do we give Brown or Kirby their chance?
The trouble with this, is we already have 3 forced changes, so Broomhead, Crocker & Ramsay maybe safe this week. We can't have 5-6 changes from a winning side.

I think all three are safe.

Personally even without the injuries Crocker would also be safe. It would be terrible management to turf him after one game.

Aish for Ramsay is a possibility but Aish isn't clearly an upgrade on him so will probably return from injury via the VFL

Broomhead might have been in trouble if not for the injuries. May still go out if fasolo returns but I get the impression the club wants to get a solid block of games into broomhead as they have done with Maynard and crisp.

Personally even without the injuries Crocker would also be safe. It would be terrible management to turf him after one game.

Aish for Ramsay is a possibility but Aish isn't clearly an upgrade on him so will probably return from injury via the VFL

Broomhead might have been in trouble if not for the injuries. May still go out if fasolo returns but I get the impression the club wants to get a solid block of games into broomhead as they have done with Maynard and crisp.

Broomhead had 15 possessions till half time and was an important cog in our early midfield dominance. Didn't have much impact after 1/2 time for some reason but his 1st half means he's going nowhere unless there is an injury issue.

EDIT: Noticed that Broomy only played 77% TOG this week despite our injury issues. That's on the back of 70% last week. Is he being managed?

Last edited:
Fantastic that Fas has put his hand up to play. Hopefully we get the all clear from the docs.

Adding Fasolo and Kirby could really add some x-factor to hopefully counteract the loss of Elliott. If this small break was what Fas needed to get back to his best, then losing Elliott won't hurt quite as much as it would normally.

Spencer should come back in for us, so watts and pedo in forward line with 1 of them giving spencer a chop out, hogan unlikely but still a sneaky chance depending on how he trains the Monday game helps his chances

It's funny how Landsberger wrote a story in the Herald Sun saying Magpie supporters are hopeful of Kirby making an "accelerated debut," which just reeks of reading BigFooty and seeing all of our declarations of manlove for the great man.

On the other hand you have Jay Clark who's constantly at the club (is he employed by us, or doing it in hope for a story here and there?) for The Agenda and Jock and Journo, who makes no mention of Kirby, probably because he has been told he isn't quite there yet.

As a more credible source he did write "Collingwood will regain defenders Henry Schade and Tom Langdon and midfielder James Aish for Monday's clash. Defender Ben Reid (quad) and Travis Varcoe (hamstring) are an outside chance to play.

I'd expect Bucks to come out and say Kirby isn't quite ready in his presser this week (today??)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean, do we need to debut ANOTHER midfielder right now?

Our forward line needs potency. Kirby has a solid 3 weeks of VFL form to justify an inclusion surely.
They were very conservative promoting Scharenberg so I'm not sure we'll see Kirby in the short-term.

I mean, do we need to debut ANOTHER midfielder right now?

Our forward line needs potency. Kirby has a solid 3 weeks of VFL form to justify an inclusion surely.

How many have we debuted so far this year?

Wells out, somebody has to come in for him.

Fasolo is the clear in for Elliot now that hes apparently announced hes good to go.

Saving Kirby for the finals!!!!

Walsh on SEN didn't speak as though Kirby was coming in. From the way he spoke Brown seemed to be the best chance of a debut.

And that's as it should be. The hyperbole around Kirby is interesting. He's not ready and would be run off his feet.

Brown is much closer and is next in line for debut. They certainly wont risk playing 2 first gamers in what is arguably one of most critical matches of the year.

How many have we debuted so far this year?

Wells out, somebody has to come in for him.

Fasolo is the clear in for Elliot now that hes apparently announced hes good to go.

Saving Kirby for the finals!!!!

My wording is confusing. I didn't mean we've debuted a lot of midfielders. I mean we already have so many midfielders. Do we need to add another one to the mix. Worded poorly.

Fair enough but as I said one out one in. The high number of mids has been working so why stuff around with the mix

Because our number 1 issue has been our attack.

It needs more potency and it's crying out for a true crumbing forward.

Terrible man management if they omit Crocker? He was lucky to get a game.. and if the coaching staff believe that there's someone on our list that would do a better job.. then back to the VFL for Crocker.

Playing 1 game has 0% to do with it.. were not gonna rest someone in the forward line for man management when there's a game to be won.

Because our number 1 issue has been our attack.

It needs more potency and it's crying out for a true crumbing forward.
Kirby is the only one that genuinely fits the bill and it's unlikely he's got the tank to run out a senior game yet. Fwiw, Callum is more than handy as a small forward, he played his entire first year of TAC as a crumber who could rotate in the middle. I'd imagine they'll introduce him to senior footy in the same way.

Crocker out please! Number 1 issue is attack.. so they better not play a bloke who does bugger all as far as I'm concerned.

Are you going to run with the Crocker line all week?

It's funny how Landsberger wrote a story in the Herald Sun saying Magpie supporters are hopeful of Kirby making an "accelerated debut," which just reeks of reading BigFooty and seeing all of our declarations of manlove for the great man.

On the other hand you have Jay Clark who's constantly at the club (is he employed by us, or doing it in hope for a story here and there?) for The Agenda and Jock and Journo, who makes no mention of Kirby, probably because he has been told he isn't quite there yet.

As a more credible source he did write "Collingwood will regain defenders Henry Schade and Tom Langdon and midfielder James Aish for Monday's clash. Defender Ben Reid (quad) and Travis Varcoe (hamstring) are an outside chance to play.

I'd expect Bucks to come out and say Kirby isn't quite ready in his presser this week (today??)
I think Jay CLark is a Magpies supporter.
And he operates as Pies friendly so gets a gig or two for the Club.
On that basis he gets some stories earlier.

Far better to be friendly to clubs than turdy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back