Changes for round 22

Remove this Banner Ad

It would be lovely to get Reid and Presti back in. That backline just reads and looks so much more solid with them there.

aaaahh k, nice response.
You really show your football knowledge there.

Tell me, what level of football have you played to learn such knowledge?
Not VFL I bet.

Not bringing back Medhurst for so long, and then to drop him after he did nothing wrong, in a team that could of beaten Essendon by as much as it wanted are going to cost this side a flag.

****ing MM.
Nothing wrong, but he didn't do a hell of a lot right either.

We played 20 on 22 against Essendon, Medhurst and Lockyer combined for eight tackles, but otherwise did nothing.

Borh were sensational yesterday in the VFL, and the Essendon game didn't suit our small forwards (the talls were marking absolutely everything). Both have good history against the Hawks though, so I'd personally bring both back.

In: Presti, Reid, Medders, Leon
Out: JA, Nate Brown, Didak (shoulder/rest), Shaw (shoulder/rest)

Only if Reid comes up. If not give him another week and keep Nate in.

In: Ben Reid, Simon Prestigiacomo, Josh Fraser, Leon Davis, Paul Medhurst
Out: Nathan Brown (unlucky), John Anthony, Leigh Brown (rest), Jarryd Blair (unlucky), Tyson Goldsack

• Leigh Brown could be given a rest before finals so he comes back hungry for the first final against the Doggies.
  • If Didak is injured then keep Blair in.
  • If Reid is still injured then keep Rambo in.
  • If Cloke is injured then keep Leigh in.

Ins: Fraser, Davis, Medhurst, Reid, Presti
Outs: Dawes (rest), Blair (omitted), N Brown (omitted), JA (omitted), Goldsack (omitted)

B: Shaw, N.Brown, Maxwell
HB: O'Brien, Reid, Toovey
C: Wellingham, Ball, D.Thomas
HF: Didak, Cloke, Beams
For: Davis, Dawes, Medhurst
Foll: Jolly, Pendlebury, Swan
Inter: L.Brown, Macaffer, Johnson, Sidebottom
In: Medhurst, Reid, Davis
Out: Blair (very stiff), Anthony, Goldsack

Emer: Fraser, Blair, Buckley, Goldsack

I would really like to see Medhurst given another week, and Davis was missed as shown with the drop in forward pressure. The forward line was too tall, so those two players helps regarding that, and their forward pressure is great. If Blair is to miss though, then he would be very unlucky of couse.

Ben Reid has to come back as soon as he is available at the expense of Jack Anthony, although he wasn't as terrible as many people believe. Tyson Goldsack was worse and must be dropped. He has been fairly good in recent weeks, but his kicking is a concern as shown on the weekend.

Other possibilities are that Alan Didak and/or Heath Shaw may be given a week off, and if so, then Blair and probably Goldsack would remain. If Prestigiacomo returns, then Nathan Brown misses out even though he has been good in his three matches in recent weeks.

B: Toovey - Prestigiacomo - Goldsack
HB: O'Brien - N. Brown - Maxwell
C: D. Thomas - Swan - Wellingham
HF: Didak - Cloke - Beams
F: Medhurst - Dawes - Macaffer
FL: Jolly - Pendlebury - Ball
INT: Shaw - Sidebottom - Johnson - L. Brown​

B: Toovey - Prestigiacomo - Goldsack
HB: O'Brien - N. Brown - Maxwell
C: D. Thomas - Swan - Wellingham
F: Medhurst - Dawes - Macaffer
FL: Jolly - Pendlebury - Ball
INT: Shaw - Sidebottom - Johnson - L. Brown​

I pretty much agree with this team but I'd possibly bring Fraser and Lockyer in after their games on the weekend.

Sorry but to suggest Blair to be dropped is ridiculous..

He has earnt his spot in the team, averaging 17 touches per game, uses the ball well, wins contested footy.

About time we started picking players on form and not on their name.

B: Toovey - Presti - Maxwell
HB: Shaw - Reid - O'Brien
C: Thomas - Ball - Wellingham
F: Davis - Dawes - Macaffer
R: Jolly - Pendlebury - Swan

INT: Sidebottom - Johnson - L.Brown - Blair
EMG: Medhurst - Fraser - Goldsack

Goldsack would be very unlucky to miss and Davis would be lucky to be selected, only for team balance would Davis be selected. Would be very hesitant to pick him based on his form this year and previous finals.

So we are in a good position that the result of this match doesn't matter. .

For me this gives us the opportunity to see who wants to put their hand up for finals, against a decent side in Hawthorn. And also farewell some club favourites.

Ins:
Josh Fraser (Jolley worked hard last game and could do with a rest and I think Josh deserves an opportunity to play his 200th, also it would be wise to keep him up to speed for finals just in case their is an injury)

Shane O'Bree - Would love to give this guy are fairwell, has been terrific for us and deserves a final game.

Ben Reid - Spent the last couple of weeks sidelined with an Injury, would be a good opportunity to test him out before finals to see how he is traveling.

Tarkyn Lockyer - If thinking about retirement maybe a good opportunity to think about a fairwell game as well, also would be good to keep him up to speed in case he is called upon in finals.

Paul Medhurst - Deserves the chance after a good game in the VFL, could be a very important finals player

Outs

Darren Jolley - For a well deserved rest before finals, he has been carrying alot of the work load so it would be good to give him a break.

Steele Sidebottom
- Been playing some great footy, young could do with a rest before finals.

John Anthony
- I think he is a good player, and didn't have a terrible game on the weekend, but I just don't see where he fits in with a fully fit team available.

Travis Cloke - Could be rested with a possible niggle late. . .we need him up and going come finals.

???? - and possibly someone else who has pulled up sore, depending on who that is.

Goldsack needs another week, he has been a good player despite that effort on the weekend. As there is no risk in the next game it would be good for him to make up for last weeks effort and I think he is a vital player in our defense.

I wouldn't drop Goldsack mainly because he's our perfect matchup for Franklin. Not sure if Mick knows this though.

Sidebottom, needs a rest, I'd rest Jolly as well as he played a stinker and a half. Was WOG (worst on ground) for me.

In: David, Medhurst, Fraser
Out: Sidebottom, Jolly, Didak (injured?)

Presti and Reid can sit this one out. Both are too slow for Roughead and Franklin. JA and Brown both did their job and beat their opponent.

Jack only copped the one goal which was a free kick that JACK should have had. I still think he'll be our true Presti replacement.

INS: Reid, Fraser (give him his 200th)
OUTS: Anthony, Cloke (heard he was sore)

B - Maxwell N.Brown Toovey
HB - O'Brien Reid Goldsack
C - Thomas Swan Shaw
HF - Didak L.Brown Wellingham
F - Sidebottom Dawes Macaffer
R - Jolly Pendlebury Ball
INT - Blair Beams Fraser Johnson

I think give Presti another week off and have him fresh for Barry Hall.

If we have niggling injuries then have the week off. If not then minimal changes are the best.

The following week for the first final both Davis and Presti have to come in.

Team for the first final:

B - Maxwell Presti Toovey
HB - O'Brien Reid Shaw
C - Thomas Swan Wellingham
HF - Didak Cloke Beams
F - Davis Dawes Macaffer
R - Jolly Pendlebury Ball
INT - Sidebottom Johnson L.Brown Goldsack

i would play all of reid prest and n.brown, im concerned if we dropped rambo that roughhead would be to strong for reid and it also can give us the option of swinging either n.brown or reid forward. the unlucky man is goldy, i love him in the side but u r only as good as your last game and he had a stinker. i want to see medhurst with one more chance as well, should never have been dropped last week.So i would rest didak,shaw,and drop goldsack and anthony ,for davis medhurst reid and presti.

B maxwell presti toovey
HB obrien N.brown reid
C thomas swan wellngham
HF davis cloke medhurst
F beams dawes mccaffer

R jolly pendles ball
IC johnson blair L.brown sidebottom

i would also give jolly only 50% ruck time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ins: Presti, Reid, Medhurst
Outs: N Brown, Anthony, Goldsack

B: -----O'Brien----Presti----Toovey----
HB: ----Shaw-----Reid-----Maxwell----

C: -----Didak-----Swan----Thomas----
Fol: ----Jolly------Ball------Pendles----

HF: --Macaffer---Dawes----Beams-----
FF: ---Rusty------Cloke---Medhurst---

Int: Wellingham, L Brown, Johnson, Blair

If Didaks injury issues are true i'd consider bringing in Davis and giving him a week off.

Medhurst gets the nod ahead of Davis simply because his VFL form was better and his defensive pressure from his last AFL game was comparable to what Davis adds anyway. He replaces Goldsack after that shocker and because I don't think we need the extra defender. If Goldsack was kept in Blair is probably the unlucky omission.

The Presti for N Brown and Reid for Anthony inclusions are self explanatory although Nath Brown is stiff.

Davis will be an absolute certainty this week if he can't play VFL finals.

And Goldsack the perfect match up for Franklin? Puh-lease! I'm sure Mick knows that's an absolute laugh.

With the form Nate Brown is currently in I'd play him at CHB and bring Reid in to fill Goldsack's spot. Reid reads the play well and has a good ability to float in and take grabs, get him playing as the rebounding loose tall role that Goldsack couldn't on the weekend.
It runs the risk of being a bit too tall, but we've won convincingly recently with 4 talls down back and there isn't much difference between Reid and Goldsack in height.

Presti for JA obviously.

It seems pretty simple to me, barring any need to rest/sit out a slightly injured player;

Ins: Reid, Presti, Davis
Out: Anthony, N.Brown, Blair

No "rests" this week, if you have a slight injury, then by all means sit out the game, BUT NO ****ING RESTS FOR RESTS SAKE.

Sidebottom, Goldsack, Didak (considering his shoulders ok), Harry, Jolly, Leeroy etc, don't need a rest, they need a confidence booster.

Steele just hit some good form, and you want to rest him? How stupid is that?

And Goldsack, he missed one game after playing career best football, returns and you want to drop him, REALLY?

Jolly thrives on football, and can have a rest in 2 weeks, just like the rest.

Full steam ahead, if you are fit, you play, YOU GET A REST IN 2 WEEKS.

IN: Reid, Medhurst, Presti
OUT: Anthony, N.Brown, Blair

Very stiff to Rambo and Blairy who didn't put a foot wrong against Adelaide - but we need to get our team balance right for the finals.

Medhurst in before Davis based on his performance in the VFL on the weekend and also the reports that Davis looked upset during that game (possibly carrying an injury?).

And Goldsack, he missed one game after playing career best football, returns and you want to drop him, REALLY?
I do, yes. He has been fairly good prior to his stinker on the weekend, but I don't think that he is in Collingwood's best team, and it was Reid's injury that gave him a chance to keep his spot. That's not as much a reflection on him, but Collingwood's depth, and I would prefer to see another forward option replace him such as Davis or Medhurst. A backline of Shaw, Presti, Maxwell, O'Brien, Reid and Toovey is my preference, and I think Nathan Brown is ahead of him too. At times Johnson goes back as well, as does Wellingham, Leigh Brown and Jolly.
I'd rest Jolly as well as he played a stinker and a half. Was WOG (worst on ground) for me.
Aha! Now it all makes sense! No wonder I have disagreed with your Collingwood bashing at times in the past, and that is because you seem to see things that haven't occurred. Darren Jolly was one of Collingwood's three best players on the weekend.

Best 22 all together this week

To be honest watching the guys last 2 weeks they have not gone past 3rd gear

We need to decide if its Medhurst or Davis we need a small forward to help out Macaffer for defensive pressure and being a creative forward

Presti back in this week for JA
Need to decide if we keep Brown or Goldsack
Need to fit Reid in i would say for blair if one of Davis or Medhurst comes in

Will be very interesting see what happends this week we need to win we need to keep gaining confidence

Ins: Reid, Presti, Davis
Out: Anthony, N.Brown, Blair

Not having a swing or anything here but why in the hell does Davis come into the team a) at the expense of Blair and b) in front of medhurst

By all reports he was average in the magoos, 20 disposals is all well and good but not named in the best and not scoring a goal in a 50 point win couldnt possibly earn him a spot

Medhurst had 32 touches and two goals and was probably BOG

I cant see the logic in Davis > Medders based on current form. Maybe bring in a small forward for structure, but why not medhurst when hes been better in the twos

And im totally against bringing in O'bree...this bloke should now be behind blair, Jmac and on par with barham as midfield depth. I understand and respect what the bloke has done for the club but if as people are suggesting, we bring in obree, lockyer and fraser for farewell/milestone games then we are gunna have a rough time against the hawks

In: Reid, Fraser, Medhurst
Out: L Brown, Jack, I would say Goldsack but someone else may be rested?

Presti can have another week and be cherry for the Dogs. I think N Brown was good on Tippet on the weekend, he towelled Sauce Merret the week earlier. When we play the dogs we may not go with that many defenders so tricky calls coming up.

Medhurst was super in the VFL, I don't think Leon really wanted to be there and Fraser kicked 5 (albeit I only watched after quarter time) so deserves his go with Leeroy suspended.

In- Reid (if fit) Presti (if fit) Fraser Medders Lockyer/Davis
Out. Anthony(omitted) N.Brown (omitted) L.Brown( reported) goldsack(omitted) Didak/Heater
If Presti and Reid are fit then they are definite inclusions for Brown and Anthony. Anthony played absolutely shocking anyway. Fraser gets his 200th over with he kicked 5 in the vfl anyway and if he plays well then thats even better. Goldsack made many mistakes and Medhurst got 30+ possies in the vfl and makes our team so much better when he is in form. Give one of or both Didak and Heater a rest heater just looks like he is struggling a bit and needs a rest and didak injured his shoulder might aswell give him a a week to make sure his 100% before finals. Lockyer killed it in the vfl anyway and Davis in because our forwardl line was to tall and once the ball hit the ground they just rebounded it straight out.\

GO THE PIES:thumbsu:

Not having a swing or anything here but why in the hell does Davis come into the team a) at the expense of Blair and b) in front of medhurst

It's a hard one, I just think we showed against Adelaide that we lack real speed inside our forward 50, and this is why the likes of Johncock and Sloan (sp?) were able to run it out so easily.

My changes now Leeroy are out are;

In: Reid, Presti, Fraser, Davis/Medhurst
Out: N.Brown, L.Brown, Anthony, Blair

I just didn't like what I saw from Blair on saturday night, when put under the most extreme pressure of his short career, he failed IMO, but that shouldn't be such a surprise, as I think we will see Blair become a consistent AFL player as early as next year.

As far as the Leon or Meds debate goes, I wouldn't be too concerned who came in, but on senior form this year, I rate Leon higher, especially defensively.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes for round 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Back