Changes for Round 7 vs Carlton Teams in OP | White, Aish, Crocker In & Brown, Langdon, Sinclair Out

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Essendon beat us in the 2nd half? They didn't turn up in the 1st quarter...
That is a statement not a question and that is a big cop out. It is like saying today we didn't turn up to play in the first and were over run in the last because we were coming off a 6 day break but because we won the middle two quarters we were the better side.
We only needed a half to beat the Dons after that you could tell the que went in the rack.

That is a statement not a question and that is a big cop out. It is like saying today we didn't turn up to play in the first and were over run in the last because we were coming off a 6 day break but because we won the middle two quarters we were the better side.
We only needed a half to beat the Dons after that you could tell the que went in the rack.

Or maybe Essendon got overawed by the Anzac day occasion they didn't turn up in the 1st quarter but then beat us after that?

Or maybe Essendon got overawed by the Anzac day occasion? They didn't turn up in the 1st quarter but then beat us after that.
Apart from the poor use of the question mark again (efa). The statement in bold is incorrect, even if you elect to discount the first quarter we would have won the game 14.6 90 to 10.6 66. Again being a greater margin than Carlton managed to achieve. I really am at a loss to understand what your point is.

Apart from the poor use of the question mark again (efa). The statement in bold is incorrect, even if you elect to discount the first quarter we would have won the game 14.6 90 to 10.6 66. Again being a greater margin than Carlton managed to achieve. I really am at a loss to understand what your point is.

Oh please... don't try do the intellectually condescending routine, especially when you're awkwardly terrible at it. "Apart from the poor use of the question mark again" is not a sentence; Also never start a sentence with "again", didn't your year 10 English teacher tell you that?

You have chosen to assume, based on nothing, that Essendon only beat us in the 2nd half "because we let the foot off the gas". You refuse to believe any other explanation of why the two halves went the way they did. You effectively have your head in the sand only believing your theory is possible. On-field the club is in a worse position than you think... Perhaps that can be quickly turned around with things happening behind the scenes? Regardless, the fact you are talking about finals shows how deluded you are when it comes to the prospects of the team in 2016. We've beaten two bottom 6 teams (one with extreme luck) and been destroyed most other games, that's reality.

Oh please... don't try do the intellectually condescending routine, especially when you're awkwardly terrible at it. "Apart from the poor use of the question mark again" is not a sentence; Also never start a sentence with "again", didn't your year 10 English teacher tell you that?

You have chosen to assume, based on nothing, that Essendon only beat us in the 2nd half "because we let the foot off the gas". You refuse to believe any other explanation of why the two halves went the way they did. You effectively have your head in the sand only believing your theory is possible. On-field the club is in a worse position than you think... Perhaps that can be quickly turned around with things happening behind the scenes? Regardless, the fact you are talking about finals shows how deluded you are when it comes to the prospects of the team in 2016. We've beaten two bottom 6 teams (one with extreme luck) and been destroyed most other games, that's reality.
Oh yes because your "apart from the first quarter the beat us" makes so much sense. I know pessimism is the flavour of the month around here but I prefer to be realistic. If you want to pick and choose what quarters you look at when reviewing games you could argue that we were good against WCE and Melbourne. But we weren't because we gave both sides a five goal start in the first quarter, we were poor and everyone knows anything to the contrary is bullshit. Just like your argument that Essendon were the better side for 3 quarters and would have won if it was not for the first is complete shit. Did it ever cross your mind that maybe we focused on getting off to a good start against a notoriously poor starting team that in 6 rounds of football have scored
8.10 58 to 26.21 177 in the first quarter? Essendon is a team that has conceded 30% of their points against in the first quarter (177 out of 586) while only scoring 16% of their points for (58 out of 363). But then again the "apart from the first quarter Essendon beat us" argument makes so much more sense.

Oh yes because your "apart from the first quarter the beat us" makes so much sense. I know pessimism is the flavour of the month around here but I prefer to be realistic. If you want to pick and choose what quarters you look at when reviewing games you could argue that we were good against WCE and Melbourne. But we weren't because we gave both sides a five goal start in the first quarter, we were poor and everyone knows anything to the contrary is bullshit. Just like your argument that Essendon were the better side for 3 quarters and would have won if it was not for the first is complete shit. Did it ever cross your mind that maybe we focused on getting off to a good start against a notoriously poor starting team that in 6 rounds of football have scored
8.10 58 to 26.21 177 in the first quarter? Essendon is a team that has conceded 30% of their points against in the first quarter (177 out of 586) while only scoring 16% of their points for (58 out of 363). But then again the "apart from the first quarter Essendon beat us" argument makes so much more sense.

I see the intellectually condescending routine didn't last long...

You have still completely failed to understand my argument and I can't be bothered explaining again.

Agree Brown was terrible but surely he has enough credits in the bank to be given another shot.

In: Varcoe, Cloke, Adams
Out: Langdon (inj), Toovey, Greenwood

Enough to cover for an 8 mark I50 and 9 shot on goal game from Kennedy? For mine I almost feel like he should be dropped on his choice of boots alone. He wasn't on his lonesome though with that most fundamental of errors it's school kid type rubbish...

Inb4 Bucks out replies.

In all seriousness, if Nathan Brown stays in, expect Liam Jones to kick six.

Seriously?

Brown isn't allowed a bad game once or twice a year? I'm pretty sure the only person that beat him last year was Kennedy too, so he's clearly just not the matchup for Kennedy. Put that on Bucks, not Brown. Brown hasn't been beaten much in the last 13 or 14 months and given the way we've been scored against so ridiculously, that's a pretty damn good effort.

Out: Buckley

In: Proper coach

Can't believe people think Carlton are a chance let's be honest in a half of football last week we blew the bombers away a team Carlton struggled to get over today
Weitering will be out, too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Broomhead first game back, in Perth against a team that played in last year's gf. Give him a few weeks to hit his stride. We've had plenty of passengers this year who keep getting a game, he deserves a run at it before the axe swings.

Spot on. First game back on the toughest road trip and people want his head. Place is full of morons.

IN: Adams, Varcoe, Cloke
OUT:Langdon, Greenwood, Frost

FF: De Goey Moore Cox
HF: Fasolo Cloke Broomhead
C: Howe Pendles Sidebottom
HB: Oxley Reid Varcoe
FB: Maynard Brown Toovey

R: Grundy, Adams, Treloar
INT: Smith, Blair, Oxley, Crisp

Out: short stops
In: long stops

We lost all momentum when those 3 players slipped and they kicked a goal against the run.
They then piled on 7 in the last while we couldn't get over that bit of play.

Sent from my HUAWEI RIO-L02 using Tapatalk

Seriously?

Brown isn't allowed a bad game once or twice a year? I'm pretty sure the only person that beat him last year was Kennedy too, so he's clearly just not the matchup for Kennedy. Put that on Bucks, not Brown. Brown hasn't been beaten much in the last 13 or 14 months and given the way we've been scored against so ridiculously, that's a pretty damn good effort.

Out: Buckley

In: Proper coach
Last year is gone, this year is now. He has lost out to every key forward he's played on this year, If you can sit there and pretend conceding eight marks and nine scoring shots, then I admire that because that is just dreadful.

Franklin, Vickery, both Riewoldts, Hogan, Watts and Kennedy have all killed us this year. There is clearly a weakness against tall forwards, yet Brown seems to be the most talented and the best leader? Nah, he's done.

Brown struggled yesterday, although Kennedy is no slouch.

Who would actually replace him though? You'd need to shuffle the rest of the backline around rather than bring anyone in for him, but I think that would be pretty knee-jerk in the circumstances.

Last year is gone, this year is now. He has lost out to every key forward he's played on this year, If you can sit there and pretend conceding eight marks and nine scoring shots, then I admire that because that is just dreadful.

Franklin, Vickery, both Riewoldts, Hogan, Watts and Kennedy have all killed us this year. There is clearly a weakness against tall forwards, yet Brown seems to be the most talented and the best leader? Nah, he's done.

But:

- He didn't play on Franklin
- He didn't get beaten by Vickery
- He didn't play on Watts
- Nick Reiwoldt and McCartin both went off injured which basically left Brown without an opponent
- If he was playing on Hogan, he did ok because Hogan only kicked 2 goals despite them belting us
- He didn't play on Jack

I'm not doubting that Kennedy destroyed him, but again, that was ONE game. Brown has comfortably been our most reliable shut down defender in a team that is being BEEEEEELTED on a weekly basis since the middle of last year.

I'm telling you, you are wrong on this one.

Brown struggled yesterday, although Kennedy is no slouch.

Who would actually replace him though? You'd need to shuffle the rest of the backline around rather than bring anyone in for him, but I think that would be pretty knee-jerk in the circumstances.

Brown did struggle, but the game was played on a narrow ground, that the WC use to their advantage as seen in their win loss record at home. They move the ball quick to position on that ground, so the amount of ball coming in, is at times near impossible to defend. l think if this game was played at the G, not only would Brown and Reid, for that sake, had better games, but l think we would have won.

First in is Cloke. Cox and Moore combo were better yesterday than I expected but still suffer from a low possession count between them. Cloke is our best KPF and needs to be there to help these 2 develop.

In Cloke Varcoe Adams
Out Broomhead Langdon (inj) Frost

Broomhead needs to stay in the side from now for the remainder if the season. If he doesnt perform that look at the options at seasons end. Cox also needs to stay in for the remainder of the year. He may get a rest during the year but play him. l think he is capable of having 30-35 goals beside his name at seasons end. l would also like to see Philips come in and play the half back/wing role. To me he is a upgrade on Toovs, who has been a great servant of the club, but looks to be struggling with the pace of the game. Wills is another l would bring into the midfield/half forward. Like his hardness at the ball, can win contested footy, very good over his head marking abilities and nice disposal.

All five of Broomhead, Smith, Cox, Philips and Wills should be continued to be played or brought in to the side and play until seasons end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back