Changes: Gold Coast vs Fold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Out: Schoey,
Venners,
Cripps,

In: Rotham (might not make for the ideal defensive mix but surely can't be any worse),
Ah Chee,
Mallen (haven't watched wafl, going by reports here)

Gaff to stay on the wing (you know because even neutrals consider him the best wingman in the league) Sheed to do whatever the F he was doing rounds 1 - 4

Swing Shuey half forward, he's a proven goal kicker and able to set up goal assists,
Get MAllen and Ah Chew in the guts and give them a chance to earn their spots, they will be hungry to prove themselves
I like some of your input but Ah Chee has not looked hungry in any WAFL game this year. MAllen looks like he wants it big time and the comparison could not be more stark.

For those posters wanting Ah Chee, can I ask why?

I noticed on Saturday that he is not strong enough or consistent in the contest. He usually makes one effort to win the contest but then that is all folks.

Admittedly it is because of what I saw of him last year, he seemed up for the contest. Was surprised he didn't break into the team because I thought he played well when he was in (even if he did slow a little 4th quarters). But I don't watch wafl so if you're saying he is having a down year then that's a shame.

The 6/6/6 theory on us is coming out , we cant defend one on one in the backline we need a floater ....how many goals did Geelong get straight from the bounce or set up from the bounce ....I don't know but they might have a point .

We just need to improve , I think we can .

Too early to bring in Williams , might be good as a second ruck one day .

I want to talk about Venebles selection on the weekend.

It stinks. It stinks to high hell.

Venebles was doing almost nothing since the start of the season, and was afforded way more leeway then most on account of either potential, or that he was a high draft pick.

He belatedly gets dropped. Go back to the WAFL and find some form.

And he still does absolutely nothing.

Then he gets a call up on the weekend? Based on what exactly? It's sure as hell not on form. I am sure the club line will be "matchups" or "team balance".

But it sends a terrible, terrible message.

When guys like M Allen or Jake Waterman are actually performing in the WAFL and have some runs on the board, and a guy like Venebles gets absolutely gifted a game, it sends a terrible message to the squad.

I am sure the aforementioned guys must be sitting at home wondering what they have to do to get a gig, when Venebles can play like shit in the WAFL and still get a start.

And to top it off, Venebles still performed like rubbish.

That was a terrible selection this weekend, and playing people based on perceived potential, as opposed to actual form, doesn't send the right message to the guys who are actually performing and putting in the work

Last edited:
MAllen for mine was the most logical like-for -like replacement for Redden. Both 190-ish centimetre inside mids.

Will be disappointed if Allen isn’t named as an in come 4:25pm Thursday.

Simmo wont swing the axe, this has shades of 2017 in it.

Is Mallen the new partington?

I hope for Mallen's sake he's better than Partington considering no one else drafted him after he was delisted

MAllen for mine was the most logical like-for -like replacement for Redden. Both 190-ish centimetre inside mids.

I said this last week and got blasted on here. Venables is average, has always been average and doesn't look like improving any time soon.

Redden should be back this week for Venables, Masten should be dropped for Matt Allen.

Sheed replaced Redden in the centre square rotations, Venables replaced Sheed as the high half forward

MAllen into the side would have played Sheed's previous role.

Masten is the one gumming up the works at the moment playing as an inside mid

The 6/6/6 theory on us is coming out , we cant defend one on one in the backline we need a floater ....how many goals did Geelong get straight from the bounce or set up from the bounce ....I don't know but they might have a point .

We just need to improve , I think we can .

Too early to bring in Williams , might be good as a second ruck one day .
Any mid deliveing the ball well with oput pressure will destroy a defence. Ablett had a stand out game early - he is unstoppable in that form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do people really need it spelt out to them why Venables was selected on the weekend despite his poor WAFL form?

Have we not talked about it ad nauseam?

It was a necessity for our team structure. We're desperately missing a forward to step up for Rioli. We can't hide a mid at HFF like we've been doing.

Rioli is dead, Cameron isn't ready (although I'd be open to him playing personally) which leaves Venables. We threw him a lifeline for the sake of the team.

Personally I think we need to keep playing him. That or bring in Cameron.

If the club drops Brander I’ll take a dump in an envelope and mail it to Eagles HQ. Sick of our selection committee picking him for a predictable away loss and dropping him immediately.

As for anyone on here making him a scapegoat you should piss off the board. Give the bloke a chance ffs.

If the club drops Brander I’ll take a dump in an envelope and mail it to Eagles HQ. Sick of our selection committee picking him for a predictable away loss and dropping him immediately.

As for anyone on here making him a scapegoat you should piss off the board. Give the bloke a chance ffs.
He shouldn’t have come into the side in the first place

Oscar out, Jake in.

Venables out, Redden in.

And this one will be controversial, but Sheed out, Matt Allen in.

I've been unimpressed with Sheed these last few weeks. I thought he would be back up to standard with Redden out yesterday, but he was disappointing.

The guy is allergic to laying a tackle. He's got 6 for the season. All of our other non-winger mids are in the mid to high teens. Even the wingers have him covered.

If Redden doesn't get up, then Sheed gets a reprieve and Matt Allen still comes in.

Why? Because Darling is lighting it up?

Because we're too tall

We've replaced Lecras with Oscar Allen / Brander as it's throwing off the mix.

I'm not sure bringing in Waterman is the right move for this

What about if we dropped Darling and played Vardy purely as a forward?

There are others that need to go as well.

Out: Schofield In: Rotham
Out: Darling In: Vardy
Out: Oallen In: Waterman
Out: Venables In: Mallen

Not sure they will make many changes, Simmo does like to back them in. The Darling / Kennedy winning streak is well and truly dead now. 😢

Do people really need it spelt out to them why Venables was selected on the weekend despite his poor WAFL form?

Have we not talked about it ad nauseam?

It was a necessity for our team structure. We're desperately missing a forward to step up for Rioli. We can't hide a mid at HFF like we've been doing.

Rioli is dead, Cameron isn't ready (although I'd be open to him playing personally) which leaves Venables. We threw him a lifeline for the sake of the team.

Personally I think we need to keep playing him. That or bring in Cameron.
Judging from 2 WAFL games that I’ve been to and 1 on tv, Cameron is not up to it yet. Pity but he had a short preseason and he is a long way off if you want a forward that can lock the ball inside 50.

What about if we dropped Darling and played Vardy purely as a forward?

There are others that need to go as well.

Out: Schofield In: Rotham
Out: Darling In: Vardy
Out: Oallen In: Waterman
Out: Venables In: Mallen

Not sure they will make many changes, Simmo does like to back them in. The Darling / Kennedy winning streak is well and truly dead now. 😢
MAllen is playing well as an inside mid - it would be a massive error to reverse the last 15 months and revert him as a forward

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes: Gold Coast vs Fold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back