Strategy Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 13 vs. Melbourne, MCG Mon 12/06, 3:20pm BIG FREEZE

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has always been a flawed player who lacks pace and athleticism. These observations are not startling revelations. He had a poor game. AJ has had a few shockers. So has McCeery and Hill.

You cannot dismiss a player who has performed on big stages in high pressure games. He seems to suddenly have become the worst player on our entire list.

He has a great footy IQ which compensates for his lack of physical attributes.

He will never be quick or athletic but he will always have his goal sense and ability to make the most of limited possessions.
Agree with this. He had a shocker of a game and he seems to lack a bit of confidence and form. It's terrible to see so called fans just bagging players just for the sake of it even when we are winning. Everyone will and can have form slumps and down games. Let's see how he can rectify it. I'm sure the coaches are all over it

I've got doubts Frampton is in our best side. I don't mind him as an undersized crash and bash ruckman in the Leigh Brown role, but really worry about some of his decision making in defence, especially with the ball in hand.
Didn't look good when he was leading Allen to the ball and the WC player got in front and marked. Needs a much better game than yesterday to hold his spot in defence.

I've got doubts Frampton is in our best side. I don't mind him as an undersized crash and bash ruckman in the Leigh Brown role, but really worry about some of his decision making in defence, especially with the ball in hand.

Depends who we're playing a bit. He's very handy to have against Lynch, Hawkins, McKay eg those teams with 2x big forwards. We looked way undersized last year in those cases when Howe was playing on the 2nd big.

Would've liked to have seen him have a run in the ruck at some point yesterday - clearances was where we got smashed (and he would've been handy against Goldstein too). I think he's much stronger than D Cameron and Cox so might be better suited wherever the biggest body tall is for the oppo. He was great in the ruck when he was the only choice, and I thought his ground work and kicking/handballing was really good for a big man during that period. Cameron and Cox are better marking targets around the ground though.

Didn't look good when he was leading Allen to the ball and the WC player got in front and marked. Needs a much better game than yesterday to hold his spot in defence.
If Moore gets an injury during a game you will be wanting frampton playing TGG. We are to exposed just playing Moore IMO.

Out: De Goey, Beau, Ginnivan
In: Lipinski, Elliott, McStay

Taylor Adams steps into midfield for De Goey, Lipinski and Elliott forward.

Harrison or Markov as the sub if we're needing run later in the game.

I just don't know about Ginnivan. His body language yesterday was a little... odd.
I think Markov might struggle to retain his spot after yesterdays performance. Absolute mare against the worst team in the comp.

INS: Elliott, McStay, Lipinski
OUTS: DeGoey (unfortunately will get suspended), McCreery (ankle didn’t look great unfortunately), Ginnivan (didn’t even look to have a crack - Elliott straight swap)

Markov into the 22, give Harrison an other crack but start as sub.

B - Quaynor Frampton Murphy
HB - Maynard Moore Crisp
C - J.Daicos Mitchell Lipinski
HF - WHE McStay Elliott
F - Hill Mihochek Johnson
R - Cox N.Daicos Pendlebury
INT- Adams Noble Cameron Markov
SUB - Harrison
Shocked that you’d get stuck in to Ginni, yet elevate Markov back in to the 22 off the back of a 1 disposal game. Seriously?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shocked that you’d get stuck in to Ginni, yet elevate Markov back in to the 22 off the back of a 1 disposal game. Seriously?
Get into Ginni? I just reiterated what others have mentioned. Thought Elliott is a straight swap when it comes to team structure.

Can’t be bothered arguing, you are always right champ.

If Moore gets an injury during a game you will be wanting frampton playing TGG. We are to exposed just playing Moore IMO.
I am just commenting on his return game. He has been a good pick up and seems versatile - just didn't have a good game against what is obviously decent opposition. But I do think we have to accept that he is going to have his limitations, especially when we lose control of defensive structures etc due to the tenacity of the opposition.

Not this again

Frampton is 100% in our best side. We’re not winning a flag with one tall defender. It’s simply not happening.

I think Markov might struggle to retain his spot after yesterdays performance. Absolute mare against the worst team in the comp.
Maybe.... but he’s been good so far and structurally we looked better with him in the side rather than frampton, who admittedly was first game back and first game in defence since round two or so.

Coming off the bench can’t be easy....

That’s rough. It’s a sign of good positioning from Frampton to start the contest in front of Allen. Then losing front position to Allen is nothing to be bothered about the guys a stud and would probably be leading the Coleman if he played for Collingwood. Frampton conceded 1.5 goals from my perspective v Allen (Allen got him with that swing lead in the 3rd and the free kick was 50/50 I doubt Mihocek gets it for instance) which is a great outcome considering they had 55 I50’s. His disposal was a bit iffy, but off a 3 week break it was nothing you’re hanging him on.

The one query I had with his role yesterday was the impact it had on Moore. I hazard a guess it was due to the ability of Waterman and others to compete, but that’s the shakiest I’ve seen Moore overhead in a while. If it were due to positioning from being on a less dangerous forward that creates a dilemma. I feel though that the club will be comfortable it was a one off and that continuity of the group will see us get that balance right.

Famous last words I know, but I’m not sure how this Demons forward group put 80+ points past us without the mids going berserk scoreboard wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back